Orange gear not viable for endgame?

Vilda

While I don't directly disagree with you, there are two things to note:

1. set bonuses are relatively weak and will in most cases be ignoreable if we can get better gear together from random pieces.

2. Custom armor is not equal to bonuses in "normal" raid gear. For instance, Mastercraft Resolve Armoring 25 (crit version of cybertech-made armor that requires raid drops) has 49 endurance/68 willpower, while the built-in "normal" raid armor has either 41 endurance/61 willpower or 55 endurance/51 willpower. Long story short, stat-wise, you'll be better off with orange gear and custom armoring.

If orange gear can be crit upon on top of this, then it's no contest - purple items will be easier to come by, but orange items will be the superior ones in the long run.

I don't know about your set bonuses but mine give me much more benefit than I can get from straight stats, 2 piece makes my high impact bolt free and 4 piece adds 15% crit chance to my grav round. 15% crit chance alone to an ability I probably use the most is a HUGE bonus.

The only way they can fix this is have the set bonuses be part of an attachment to the armor so you can put it in an orange piece. You would still be required to get the specific set but you could simply move the stats and bonus to a piece of orange gear of your choice.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep. Orange gear is sadly only viable up to the point where you stop levelling and start end game.

4 piece sets + critted purple drop schematic craft for select pieces are the way to go for the rest.

I've ranted enough about how both pvp and pve sets look like UTTER GARBAGE, but I suppose I'll say that once again.

They look like utter garbage.

And the only way to be effective endgame, one must disregard any sense of aethetics and subscribe to one designer's questionable artistic vision. =(.

I realize that I will sound childish when I'll say this, but I will not be resuming my subscription if the situation is not remedied. I refuse to pay to play the game where my character is forced to be ugly in order to enjoy post story content.

you DON'T like running around looking like a colour blind pimp, stoned out of your mind?

:/

• 1 month later...