The whiners will not stop until they get an LFD tool!

sithlordcip

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Server wide LFG channel/ LFG tool: Yes.

Completely Automated looking for group tool? No.

Cross server LFG tool? Hell no.

My brief experiences as a healer in WoW have lead me to despise such tools because it means you are riddled terrible people. They get away with it cause there is essentially no chance they'll ever see you again. A better method to settle this issue is a server wide LFG channel or other similar tool. It allows for much smoother group finding without the unnecessary automation or cross server groups.

Also think of the logistics problems in cross serve grouping. Stop asking for unnecessary community harming tools.

Only a LFD tool that is NOT QUEUE , NO AUTO GROUPING and NO INSTA TELEPORT to flashpoint is acceptable

Because nothing builds community like a dozen loading screens between the planet you're on and the instance you want to go to.

The people here who are showing antisocial tendencies are the ones who are continuing to use name-calling as an argument tactic... and so far in this thread all of those people are on the anti-lfd train.

Name calling is coming from both sides my friend, dont whitewash it.

Because nothing builds community like a dozen loading screens between the planet you're on and the instance you want to go to.

Agreed. Having no auto travel thing wouldn't make it better, it would just make everything inconvenient.

It is the casual shift, WoW did it, now too many people want it. I personally believe a community is stronger without it.

+ a paradigm that has to be antagonized!

Too much convenience simply promotes lazyness and phlegm. No thanks, Sir!

:i_mad:

Edited by GalaxyDude

i could be in error. There's alot of vicious crap going on here. If i'm in error, i apologize.

No worries, I just dont think name calling proves anyones point. If your argument is sound you dont have to put anyone down. If you believe in your opinion you dont have to worry about someone elses, and theirs can be just as valid, just from a different viewpoint.

No worries, I just dont think name calling proves anyones point. If your argument is sound you dont have to put anyone down. If you believe in your opinion you dont have to worry about someone elses, and theirs can be just as valid, just from a different viewpoint.

just getting kind of sick of just how vile the people in this game are to one another on the forums. i know i know, mmmorpg forums and all, but this forum has got to be the worst i've ever seen.

Since an LFD is specifically to make it easier to GROUP, this argument seems kinda silly.

Sounds nice when you look at it from the surface, but take a closer look.

You queue up, and get a group in 5 minutes. By today you have to do 5 dungeons in 3 hours because you don't have a lot of time or can't be bothered to relax. So you don't even say hi, because then you'd be jumping on the greeting wagon and people might continue talking, slowing you down.

Now, some player in the group is doing crappy DPS/Healing/Tanking and you need to replace him, as the group leader you have to do it, but you don't have a lot of time on your hands so you kick him without saying anything and instantly queue to get a new player in.

The player you just kicked will get pissed and agitated, queue up again and spread that to his next group. Your group is staying silent because they don't want to piss you off because then you might kick them. So they rush and they struggle to finish so you won't get mad.

And now you have 7 people you have never met before pissed and agitated and just want this overwith, on the first day of the LFD release. Those 7 people infect 3 each, and those infect 3 each and so on and so on.

Eventually you will have an entire gamer population not saying a word to eachother, kicking people left and right for next to nothing, get even more anti social since less and less people can live up to their new life style and everyone applying to new guilds will also get punished even harder because people are now, what the "pro"'s call "Elitist".

This has happened to WoW now and it will continue to destroy gaming communities if they keep getting put in.

You might not see it at first glance or you just don't want to see it, but trust me, this is what is happening.

Edited by Senatsu

I'm in full support of a Dungeon Finder, mainly because I just don't have that much time to play. I wish I could just login, do some daily quests, and do a quick Flashpoint and log off for the day, but it takes so long to get a group together, that I just don't even have time to play.

Because eventually those trolls will either straighten up or never getinvited to a group by anyone in the server. Or quit. OR come to the forums and whine for a LFD tool ^^

LFD tools are more accountable than traditional groups. Not only can you votekick people you want out, but you can also /ignore a player and never see them again. Not only does this shift the accountability to the individual player (rather than the server as a whole, where messy drama and human error can cause rifts in a community) but also lowers the pool of players the /ignored people can group with, increasing their queues.