As bad as it seems, it only gets worse if there is no SWTOR

Chiricahua

In the dark days of SWG, I was one of those who prodded and pushed SOE to make the game better. They did what they could on a shoestring budget. Now the game is no more, and I'd pay through the nose to have it back.

Similarly, with SWTOR, there is a lot that is wrong. I can only hope that after fixing bugs, hacks, and exploits, that they fix pvp, and perhaps make a new and improved warzone.

I like 2 things in SWTOR. The graphics are very decent on my decked out computer. There are no latency issues for me that are game breaking. The music is great.

I do feel that the writing could've been better, and is sub par, but that is behind us now. PVP needs a major revamp. The auction house, and the crafting system needs to be looked at also.

So here is hoping that the patches over the coming months are potent enough to turn the tide.

The graphics are very decent on my decked out computer.

Really? Have you played Skyrim or BF3 or Batman AA? This game to me looks about as good as a middle range Xbox 360 title, especially with no AA yet.

Really? Have you played Skyrim or BF3 or Batman AA? This game to me looks about as good as a middle range Xbox 360 title, especially with no AA yet.

different genre. Single player rpgs can have better graphics because well, you dont have to load the position of 100 other people on your floor in republic fleet ;)

You just listed non-MMO's as examples of the graphics level you would like to see... if you do not know why this is completely wrong headed, then there already is no hope for you.

Edited by Freeball

In the dark days of SWG, I was one of those who prodded and pushed SOE to make the game better. They did what they could on a shoestring budget. Now the game is no more, and I'd pay through the nose to have it back.

Similarly, with SWTOR, there is a lot that is wrong. I can only hope that after fixing bugs, hacks, and exploits, that they fix pvp, and perhaps make a new and improved warzone.

I like 2 things in SWTOR. The graphics are very decent on my decked out computer. There are no latency issues for me that are game breaking. The music is great.

I do feel that the writing could've been better, and is sub par, but that is behind us now. PVP needs a major revamp. The auction house, and the crafting system needs to be looked at also.

So here is hoping that the patches over the coming months are potent enough to turn the tide.

Not going to like dude. I may have more means than others, but I would spend $50 a month to have true Pre-CU SWG back.

I know I tried the emu. It's honestly just not the same, a lot of things just don't work in it heh.

I admit that those 2 titles have better graphics, but we all knew way back in beta exactly how good the graphics were. Corporate made a decision to not use a top of the line graphics engine in order to be more inclusive. In other words, there are a lot of PC's out there that are just marginal. They dumbed down the graphics so as to incorporate those PC's into the game. Do I like it? No. Are we stuck with it? Yes.

different genre. Single player rpgs can have better graphics because well, you dont have to load the position of 100 other people on your floor in republic fleet

That is why model textures for players are so terrible in this game, far more terrible than everything else. Because the world is not dynamic in any other way so everything else is done client side. Meaning even if they couldnt afford player models with hair moving in the wind, they could afford a world that looks nice since it has nothing to do with the server.

This. You're comparing a resource load of client side specific to client-server operations. No dice.

That being said, that does not excuse the horrid UI or long list of bugs and beta persistent glitches. They should have left texture and overall graphical tweaking to the user.

Cheers.

Edited by SodaOfYoda

Not going to like dude. I may have more means than others, but I would spend $50 a month to have true Pre-CU SWG back.

I know I tried the emu. It's honestly just not the same, a lot of things just don't work in it heh.

Then you have a pretty good emulation of SWG because early on in SWG very little worked properly, i got an amusing reply from sony when i bug reported something that was working and figured it would be easier to just list what was working than what wasn't. :p

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.