What do you expect for 15$ a month?

Soul-Rando

I was just wondering what do you guys expect for 15$ a month? Do you want free expansions or do you want more servers?

The need for extra payment for MMO's is an illusion. Case in point is World of Warcraft and Guild Wars (both don't need subscription fee, but one asks for them).

But I'm willing to pay an extra 15$ if the expansions will be free or if there will be enough new content.

You can watch an informative movie about montly costs for players AND for the mmo's.

I was just wondering what do you guys expect for 15$ a month? Do you want free expansions or do you want more servers?

The need for extra payment for MMO's is an illusion. Case in point is World of Warcraft and Guild Wars (both don't need subscription fee, but one asks for them).

But I'm willing to pay an extra 15$ if the expansions will be free or if there will be enough new content.

You can watch an informative movie about montly costs for players AND for the mmo's.

I want a gold plack with my character name on it shipped to my home for the $15 a month I got pay

For $15 a month I want Bioware to write me a thank you letter each month thanking me for paying the $15.

How informed you must be about business.

And please create and maintain an MMO on the scale of WoW with that large of a player base without the sub. Oh, and they will want constant updates, patches, hotfixes, etc. You'll need forum mods to moderate your forums. You'll need game masters to fix any problems in game if you expect to keep a player base.

Let me know how well it works out when they aren't paying, but for the game. You can let me know how fast you declare bankruptcy.

If people are willing to pay the sub, it will continue. Some people don't, and prefer games such as Guild Wars or Runes of Magic. I suspect the reasoning for sub based business models is due to the popularity of it within NA region. Each subgenre thrives on its own merit, and you suffer the crowd along with it.

Last but not least, you could go dark side and play on private servers, but that's outside the realm of legal, lol.

The one thing that is killing my will to sub is the frequency and severity of glitches encountered. It just should not happen to the extent it has on a AAA title with such a resource backing.

Edited by SodaOfYoda

If one is subscribing, then expansions should be free. Thats my opinion.

But what I am expecting for the money I pay? Well some kind of additions, for the first few months, propably mainly fixing bugs and other issues,

- downtime changed to a more suitable time or less of it (currently downtime has been tuesday/wednesday 10am->6pm for me, right in the middle of a day; and then various issues extending it for the rest of the evening.. not very optimal..)

- BETTER LOOKING GEAR. For example, more inquisitor head items that reveal the face, I dont want to be darth egghead; more normal pants for inquisitors, more gear that looks like robes instead of armor etc

- more storyarcs,

- hopefully more companions (Thana Vesh? :))

- maybe even flashpoints..

Edited by Karkais

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.