Sorc damage is beyond pathetic, how did this class go live

Ashnazg

If devs base their balancing decision on forum posts, this game is already done for.

true, mmo devs probably learn to sift thru the BS

but right now our class is good for flashy group dmg.

operatives, assasins, juggs, snipers if theyre halfway decent all have a nice squishy kill when they come across sorc's

Devs will base on people QQ :p

Decent sorc have always highest dps score on wz, coz our main spells (chain/death field) are aoe, so hits often many targets. So people QQ about that. But when it comes to 1v1 vs decent player...

You will still win because what are they gonna do vs your 5 different CC spells (if hybrid spec). You can win by attrition if nothing else.

To lazy to quote all the false information in this thread.

First, this guy was being sarcastic with his post, which the 3rd poster obviously didn't look at his screenshot.

Second, our class is very strong in pvp, and pve in both healing and dps. We are the best healers in pve, and probably the strongest ranged dps. A good way to test your damage against other classes, is the 4th boss in EV. Starting at the same time, I usually beat the second fastest by 15 seconds. Both in Columi/Rakata gear.

Third, the original poster had to have been in a full voidstar game, poping expertise consumables and getting the az expertise buff, along with rakata adrenal, rakata stim, and rakata medpack to do this kind of damage.

Finally our class is no OP, the consumables are. An operative in my guild has hit 700k doing the above. Any dps class can do it if played correctly.

I will post a screenshot later of me hitting 700k+ with a 0/13/28 Madness/Lightning build. You can see the build here.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=133825

I withold judgement on whether the class is weak for now, I jut dinged 50. I do get jealous of seeing mercs tag me for 3500-4000 damage when I have to pop surge adrenals to break 2500, but maybe it's cause my gear is barely even adequate right now.

However I agree with a lot of the concepts put forth here. I got Wrath and instant WW and the rest was into Lightning for CL and CC utility. I do get fairly high on the damage charts most of the time. I agree that DoTs are being severely overrated by most sorcs, you get kills with brutal burst and instacast CL is your best burst vs groups. Crushing Darkness is good vs a single target and I wish I had the points to get the extra ticks on it but I don't think it's worth the sacrifice of points in Lightning for what amounts to a few hundred more damage on one ability.

I also agree that everything about a hybrid spec demands crit and surge. Crit + surge = more burst and further crit is what procs Wrath which is really what we rely on to get even acceptable DPS. I frequently spam FL just to get procs so I can cast the spells I really want; if you ask "why not just do the 3s cast time for all that" well, LoS will get broken by the time it goes off, it must be instant to connect.

Further, we have so many abilities that hit lots of times that raising crit rate is a lot less chancy than it is for some classes. Law of big numbers dictates that when you hit something tons of times for smaller damage, the crits will emerge more and you will get a more stable level of DPS out of it than you would with single hits.

Hey folks,

We understand the intent of this thread, but as it is non-constructive and may serve to incite flames rather than productive discussion, we'll be closing it.

We do appreciate and read feedback, both positive and negative - but we do ask that said feedback is constructive and respectful. If you need some guidelines for doing so, we do have a post here that explains it:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=141421

As always, we encourage folks to post constructive feedback about the game in future threads. Thanks for your understanding!