September Pre Orders Get In Here!

iAutomatik

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

24th myself here and like many i've not really hoped for it before tomorrow but i've got tired of reading people saying that now, so im going to pretend theres a chance today and be excitedly checking my emails all day until i go to bed :D just incase.

I understand how people are trying to predict which dates are getting selected for which waves, but there might be a period say late aug where they have little numbers pre ordered and if they are dishing out the same amount each wave then perhaps theres a chance they hit us at the end of sept.

I think im clutching at straws a bit there but i hope it's brought a bit of hope to all you excited people itching to log in now :D

Information on pre-order statistics is available online at VGstats. While those don't include the online pre-orders (so far as I know), they do provide a pretty good indicator of the overall pattern in pre-orders.

Based upon that, Wave 1 today is already TWICE the size of any of the waves yesterday.

Assuming they can keep pace with that, that's a very good sign for September pre-orders. Based upon yesterday's pace, we would expect to get in on Thursday, but DOUBLING the rate at which they're letting people in means we have at least a chance of getting in later today.

Think of it this way:

September 1st: There are ~120,000 people ahead of you in line.

September 30th: There are ~240,000 people ahead of you in line.

Day 1 invites were roughly 50,000 per wave. First wave of Day 2 had roughly 100,000.

Make of that what you will.

Sept 16th, not expecting much today, but one can hope. Nice to finally see a thread with realistic gamers. Personally, I feel any day I get in before the 20th is great, and still "early access" in my eyes. I hope you all get in soon and enjoy this awesome game.

@RockjawStephen Reid

I will say - as I mentioned yesterday - that today the 'timeline' of people who get in will be much, much longer. Beyond July...

A shred of hope? :rolleyes:

Don't get your hopes up, I'd say. "much, much longer" is very subjective, and can basically mean anywhere from 2 days to 2 months.

Besides, it's nice being surprised.

- Elim

Hey guys, would you mind clarifying something for me? My account dates my pre-order at 9.28.11, but my Early Game Access (ready to patch) at 11.02.11, right around when I signed up for testing. Do you believe they'll take my pre-order date as when to invite me, or the later November number? Later would be a bummer, but oh well.

reached end of thread. figured its my turn > Sept. seems to be looking pretty good as many Aug. pre orders were made early in Aug. If wave 2 reaches out to about the 22nd of Aug. or so then everyone Sept. should have a great chance for today.. (imo). May the for be with you!