Legacy System Thoughts

Ingenuus

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just remember guys this is "YOUR" legacy not your 8 alts. meaning just cause you have a legacy ship or legacy bank, that doesnt mean that you can interact with your companions or other toons while on a specific one (you shouldnt be able to talk to Kira while on your smuggler, and you shouldnt be able to listen to C2-N2 while doing ship missions on your Phantom).

i would love a legacy ship though, trying to upgrade a ship and do the missions are frustratingly difficult as they are now. having the ability to share cargo bays and ship upgrades are a huge perk for those of us with altitis.

another perk would be the ability to decrease the 30 min CD on Quick Travel to 15 minutes would be nice.

lol, i think James Ohlen just proved you wrong...it is the legacy of you and your characters =P:

http://www.gamespot.com/features/flashpoints-and-fixes-the-old-republic-rise-of-the-rakghouls-6348435/?page=2

"So the legacy system, it's kind of inspired by the fact that the family dynamic is so important in the Star Wars movies. You have Luke being Anakin's son, the most famous father-son relationship in movies. We wanted to have a system that encouraged players to create alts and to play the game through the different story paths. So the legacy system is meant to do that. It essentially allows you to, instead of just having a bunch of alts that have no relation to each other, you can actually create a family tree where your alts can be related to your main character, either as, you know, a sibling, a son, a father, a family friend, or a husband and wife.

You can actually choose the relationship your characters will have with each other. And then you gain legacy experience points and legacy levels, and with legacy experience points and levels, that gives you--that allows you to unlock abilities, perks, a whole slew of different advantages, essentially, that all the members of your legacy tree will be able to enjoy.

So it's pretty tight, I think people are going to really like it, and it's something we want to push towards players who enjoy the level-up game. It'll also be beneficial to the end game, but it really is going to have a lot of abilities that make leveling up even more enjoyable and allow you to customize your leveling experience."

As an empire player who does his lvl 50 dailies on Belsavis all the time, I want my legacy to unlock the conversation option to force choke Darth Sydar for her truly disrespectful tone towards the Emperor's Wrath. I hate the *****.

What i really want is:

-Legacy Bank (including credits)

-Shared Crew skills

-Appearance options

-reduced ability training costs(especially speeder training, maybe my SW takes my bounty hunter out and teaches him the finer points of speeder control)

-Crafting vendor that sells green materials

It would be great if the Legacy System would unlock just the option to have surnames, instead of it automatically assigning the same surname to all your chars on that server.

I simply will deactivate the Legacy name on all my chars beside one and from what I heard most will.

I like the idea behind the legacy system, but I'm not so convinced about the whole family thing really.

Who had the idea for that? Has a writer of Guiding Light joined Bioware now?

I mean, how do you want to put all the different races in one family? :)

New races would be nice. Nautulans and Cathar come to mind (shouldn't bee too hard to implement as I have seen them as NPC in all different sizes and armour).

• 2 weeks later...
The more I think about it, the main thing I would like to see as soon as possible is extra character slots. I say this since legacy levels only apply to one server. I have a lot of RL friends in game and a few folks I have chatted with in game that I do not know IRL that have all the characters they play on one server to get the most out of the legacy system. Since ACs are permanent (which I do not mind), it means that you can only try half of the classes in the game basically. I know there are similarities between some ACs (i.e. Juggernaut and Guardian), but there are also locked to their respective faction. For me personally, I have all 8 slots filled with characters ranging in levels from 13-50. Two of the three lowest ones will likely be leveled slowly since I am not enjoying their particular style of play (Shadow and Sniper). I am thoroughly enjoying Sorc and Scoundrel though and would like to try out the Consular and IA story with a class I am more comfortable with while still getting the most out of my legacy system/in game family. If this were to never be changed, it will not ruin the game experience for me or anything since I can make the characters on another server, but with the seeming push behind characters/accounts gaining legacy levels to unlock all the yet to be announced goodies/abilities/"cool stuffz," it would be nice if this was included so I can get the most out of my legacy level on my server.

Good Idea for a Post.

Low Level Options:

Swapping of Ships - So your JC can chose to borrow permantly his cousins smuggler ship.

New species options - we are talking about completely new species not server cross over.

Sprint at 1st level.

Slight changes to the story where mention is made of coming from a strong force line or some such.

Mid Level Options:

Cosmetics - The vaunted Purple Lighrsaber crystal.

- Reskined armour so you can look different.

- Legacy Colours so much like the match to body you can match to legacy.

- Imperial species as Republic etc. (to be honest this would be a little disappointing. If Green or blind near human isn't very exciting grey or blue near human doesn't do much for me)

High Level Options:

New Abilitiles (we know these have been promised)

Increased gain of rest XP. (you will have played through enough times at this point)

Use of family Companions with Crafting.

Legacy Armour and Weapons much like the high end PvP stuff. (If instead of raiding or PvPing you have been alting should end up with like for like high end gear).

Ultimately the Legacy system is what will keep the game going. There are 8 different stories out there but between the unique story is much that is the same. Its very hard to not get tired of hearing an NPC go on about stolen medical supplies or missing family or whatever before its space baring through. And once that happens the massive selling point is lacking. So its important that Bioware offers things to make it worth while and encourage replay.

Edited by Costello

I want to see new species as playable through legacy.

The onyl thing I want more than that is an update on the legacy system to give us a better idea what we are getting.

Agreed.

New interesting Species and Info would be very very good.

1. Shared bank

2. Shared crewskills

3. Ability to make use of all characters companions (both for combat and for sending on crew skills)

4. Ability to learn "x" number of skills currently known by a different character. (say every 10 levels you can learn another skill from any character in the legacy)

5. Ability to make new* characters of any class using the race of any existing legacy characters (also some means by which you can retroactively change the race of an existing character)

6. Character creation customization options. (that again, can be retroactively applied to existing characters)

7. Social garb slots that will override the look of the actual gear you're using.

8. Legacy space missions where you see other legacy members ships helping you out, and you help out other legacy members ships.

9. Possibly legacy cap ships, and some sort of legacy cap ship space missions. (either runing protection for it, or manning a turret on it, or somescuh)

10. Ability to bring a legacy member along as a companion, possibly for legacy specific quests.

Edit:

11. Ability to mark as "done" any non-daily quest that anybody in the legacy has already completed & automatically get the exp from it. (but not the money/item rewards). (mainly so when playing through as a legacy, you can concentrate on the different story, and not be bogged down with doing the same old stuff over and over again.)

12. Ability to automatically "get" all the datacrons anybody in your legacy has already obtained. (possibly restricted by faction/ planet lvl)

Edited by GnatB

• 3 weeks later...

I think shared crew skills would be a very important feature, because it's very bothersome to relog a character all the time due to horrendous loading times.

But perhaps with the restriction that crew skills will not be leveled up when used by an alt, and the alt can only use their own crew.

Also, shared storage, including cross faction.(though cross faction would be optional)

I like the idea behind the legacy system, but I'm not so convinced about the whole family thing really.

Who had the idea for that? Has a writer of Guiding Light joined Bioware now?

Far as I'm concerned they were speaking out of their asses on that one.

On topic: A video said legacy characters would gain new abilities, which I assume would be combat-based. So I kinda envisioned my Guardian using Force Lightning.