See a lot of complaints about load times..

dlogan

When did I EVER try to justify the amount of load screens or deny their existence? I didn't say you said "umad" did I? But you clearly said I was getting enraged same thing just a different way of saying it. You say I resort to ad hominems yet you say I'm getting enraged, that I'm a fan boy, AND criticize my punctuation. Re-read my thread topic it says "load times" not the amount of load screens.

Uninformed people also call framerate drops "lag".

When this happens people like to employ a little something called "reading comprehension". You'll get there eventually.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Uninformed people also call framerate drops "lag".

When this happens people like to employ a little something called "reading comprehension". You'll get there eventually.

You are a massive hypocrite.

Like I said load times does not equal # of load screens. If you interpreted it that way not my problem.

But, hey internet tough guy, scholar, and all around champion of the universe thanks for your rousing impeccable arguments. I'm sure we're all better off reading what you had to type.

Edited by dlogan

I don't know man I'm running off a mech HDD and 1600mhz ram and mine are very fast. Sounds like a problem with YOUR machine.

I think you have missed the point, it is the countless number of load screens you have to go through to get anywhere that some are complaining about. Not actual load times.

Here's an idea upgrade the speed of your RAM and HDD. My load times were a little long so i bought some new memory for 40 bucks with faster mhz and they improved drastically. It's your machine not the game that your load times suck. Plus a lot of the time you don't even have to go to a load screen only when changing major zones. For example whenever you use elevators etc... no load screen. Now all I gotta do is wait for the people to come into this thread saying how they play BF3 ultra everything blah blah blah. Get rid of your low speed ram and low speed data transfer rate HDDs.

p.s. this game is awesome and I have a level 50 Jugg 4/5 on HM EV. So don't come in here telling me to get off Korriban.

I have a fast rig and no problem with running the game at all.

I know people that have just above the reccomended spec on their rigs and they get stuck in loading screens for a long time.

People are upset because the game doesn't run properly on the reccomended spec. If you have an OC'ed quad core and 8GB of OC'd DDR 3 then your machine can brute force it's way through memory leaks and other problem people with normal PC's are encountering.

I think you have missed the point, it is the countless number of load screens you have to go through to get anywhere that some are complaining about. Not actual load times.

Ok, that may be true that people are complaining about that. However, you're trying to tell me what I have and have not seen? This thread is about load times. I have seen complaints about it.

swtor has a memory leak. sorry to burst your bubble but the game isnt perfect so get over yourself.

also if you're not getting paid to be biowares spokesperson why do it?

When did I say the game was perfect?

swtor has a memory leak. sorry to burst your bubble but the game isnt perfect so get over yourself.

also if you're not getting paid to be biowares spokesperson why do it?

Buyer's remorse, post-purchase rationalization. Take your pick.

Edited by PVProteus

Buyer's remorse, post-purchase rationalization. Take your pick.

No remorse here nor do I need to rationalize my purchase. For someone complaining about personal attacks and such you sure are willing to throw them around. Like I said before you are a massive hypocrite.

G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3

50 bucks with shipping. Have not had a loading screen over 10 seconds yet, Fleet or planet. Everything else is 4 seconds as long as the particals and details are not insane.

You keep defending it like it was the second coming of our mighty lord, excusing flaws that aren't even subjective.

The truly sad thing is that you're not the only one doing this.

Really? Really now? I bet you don't complain about the amount of hate in this froum. I haven't even come close to defending it in the way you've said. In fact I don't think I've once offered anymore of a personal opinion of this game other than saying it's good.

No remorse here nor do I need to rationalize my purchase. For someone complaining about personal attacks and such you sure are willing to throw them around. Like I said before you are a massive hypocrite.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buyer%27s_remorse

Buyer's remorse, when evidence exists that it is justified, is a classical example of cognitive dissonance. One will either seek to discount the new evidence, or truly regret and try to renounce the purchase.

I even bolded the text so you have an easier time understanding.

Someone also made a very nice edit in the "See Also" section of that page, you should read it.

G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3

50 bucks with shipping. Have not had a loading screen over 10 seconds yet, Fleet or planet. Everything else is 4 seconds as long as the particals and details are not insane.

^ This really.

Here's an idea upgrade the speed of your RAM and HDD. My load times were a little long so i bought some new memory for 40 bucks with faster mhz and they improved drastically. It's your machine not the game that your load times suck. Plus a lot of the time you don't even have to go to a load screen only when changing major zones. For example whenever you use elevators etc... no load screen. Now all I gotta do is wait for the people to come into this thread saying how they play BF3 ultra everything blah blah blah. Get rid of your low speed ram and low speed data transfer rate HDDs.

p.s. this game is awesome and I have a level 50 Jugg 4/5 on HM EV. So don't come in here telling me to get off Korriban.

same for me...

got 16 gb ram and nearly zero loading times...

most complaints are just weak PCs

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buyer%27s_remorse

Buyer's remorse, when evidence exists that it is justified, is a classical example of cognitive dissonance. One will either seek to discount the new evidence, or truly regret and try to renounce the purchase.

I even bolded the text so you have an easier time understanding.

Someone also made a very nice edit in the "See Also" section of that page, you should read it.

Still coming up with more personal attacks? Look at you using Wikipedia you are truly someone to be recognized by modern intellectuals.

It doesnt really matter, i took 8gbs of RAM out of my computer, and whether i use 4gb, 8gb, or 16gb of RAM swtor still consumes 90% of the memory.

But then again im just here to make you feel better about your purchase, because that seems like the only thing you're looking for in this thread.

same for me...

got 16 gb ram and nearly zero loading times...

most complaints are just weak PCs

And again this.

How am I missing the point Proteus you are clearly missing the point of this thread.

It doesnt really matter, i took 8gbs of RAM out of my computer, and whether i use 4gb, 8gb, or 16gb of RAM swtor still consumes 90% of the memory.

But then again im just here to make you feel better about your purchase, because that seems like the only thing you're looking for in this thread.

I don't need to make myself feel better about my purchase I'm perfectly content with it.

I don't need to make myself feel better about my purchase I'm perfectly content with it.

If you were perfectly content with it you wouldn't be defending it like a religious zealot.

Post purchase rationalization, buyer's remorse, etc.