See a lot of complaints about load times..

dlogan

Here's an idea upgrade the speed of your RAM and HDD. My load times were a little long so i bought some new memory for 40 bucks with faster mhz and they improved drastically. It's your machine not the game that your load times suck. Plus a lot of the time you don't even have to go to a load screen only when changing major zones. For example whenever you use elevators etc... no load screen. Now all I gotta do is wait for the people to come into this thread saying how they play BF3 ultra everything blah blah blah. Get rid of your low speed ram and low speed data transfer rate HDDs.

p.s. this game is awesome and I have a level 50 Jugg 4/5 on HM EV. So don't come in here telling me to get off Korriban.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

my current rig:

i7 970 hexa-core CPU @ 3.7Ghz

6GB Corsair DOMINATOR GT DDR3 RAM @ 1866Mhz

2 x GTX 470 GPUs in SLi

2 x intel 80GB SSDs

... now tell me: Why is it that after last weeks update did my loading screen increase in time 3x fold?

Why do I need to tell you? My load times are fine and faster than ever I never wait more than 5-7 seconds.

i5 2500k OC'd to 4.5GHZ

GTX 560ti

8gb RAM.

I don't need to upgrade my computer, I need the game to not have a freaking loading screen every time I try to tab back in. I need the game to not make me go through 3 empty places JUST TO CHANGE PLANETS.

The problem most people have with the loadscreens is not their duration, but the amount of times that they actually pop up.

Example:

I'm on the republic / imperial fleet. I want to take my ship to some other planet. Nothing wrong so far right?

Here's what I have to do:

I interact with the door to the hangars (1 loading screen) which teleports me to the inside of an empty hangar that only has my ship and a couple of useless placeholder NPCs. I interact with the door on my ship (another loading screen) to get into my ship. I interact with the galaxy map and pick my planet (third loading screen). I arrive at the planet after 2 cutscenes and I have to walk out of my ship (4th) walk out of the hangar (5th) AND THEN I'M ON THE PLANET.

What a painless fluid journey. :)

But then again, just what IS fluid in this game?

I think most of the complaint about Loading Screens is due to the fact that they're encountered too often, and for seemingly no good reason in quite a few places. The time it actually takes to load a zone seems pretty short, 90% of the time

You cancelled your sub 4 days ago I think it's time to move on you've made your choice.

i5 2500k OC'd to 4.5GHZ

GTX 560ti

8gb RAM.

I don't need to upgrade my computer, I need the game to not have a freaking loading screen every time I try to tab back in. I need the game to not make me go through 3 empty places JUST TO CHANGE PLANETS.

The problem most people have with the loadscreens is not their duration, but the amount of times that they actually pop up.

Example:

I'm on the republic / imperial fleet. I want to take my ship to some other planet. Nothing wrong so far right?

Here's what I have to do:

I interact with the door to the hangars (1 loading screen) which teleports me to the inside of an empty hangar that only has my ship and a couple of useless placeholder NPCs. I interact with the door on my ship (another loading screen) to get into my ship. I interact with the galaxy map and pick my planet (third loading screen). I arrive at the planet after 2 cutscenes and I have to walk out of my ship (4th) walk out of the hangar (5th) AND THEN I'M ON THE PLANET.

Hey man that's the game and it isn't going to change.

Edit: You can always do what shady did and you can add to you sig cancelled sub 1/8/12 due to load times everywhere. And stay here trolling as long as possible.

Edited by dlogan

I know I definitely need to upgrade my rig...or even get a new one..because my load times are absolutely atrocious. The kicker tho, is that my same rig loads WoW in half the time, even loaded down with addons. This game feels like bloatware in comparison.

So I know I have things to fix, but I'm thinking so does Bioware.

Here's an idea upgrade the speed of your RAM and HDD. My load times were a little long so i bought some new memory for 40 bucks with faster mhz and they improved drastically. It's your machine not the game that your load times suck. Plus a lot of the time you don't even have to go to a load screen only when changing major zones. For example whenever you use elevators etc... no load screen. Now all I gotta do is wait for the people to come into this thread saying how they play BF3 ultra everything blah blah blah. Get rid of your low speed ram and low speed data transfer rate HDDs.

p.s. this game is awesome and I have a level 50 Jugg 4/5 on HM EV. So don't come in here telling me to get off Korriban.

The complaints is not about the time, but the number of load screen we have to endure to do simple tasks. Think about going to your ship and back for instance.

I know I definitely need to upgrade my rig...or even get a new one..because my load times are absolutely atrocious. The kicker tho, is that my same rig loads WoW in half the time, even loaded down with addons. This game feels like bloatware in comparison.

So I know I have things to fix, but I'm thinking so does Bioware.

WoW, was made in 04 it just has expanded content you should expect it to load faster.

Hey man that's the game and it isn't going to change.

Edit: You can always do what shady did and you can add to you sig cancelled sub 1/8/12 due to load times everywhere. And stay here trolling as long as possible.

So the game is looking at loading screens? Well okay, I guess that's about as amusing as their story and gameplay, so why not right?

You need to stop acting like people just insulted your mother whenever someone brings up valid points against this game.

I hate to jump the bandwagon on this, but the water in SWTOR isn't really fluid at all. Anyone who has played WoW post Cataclysm with DX11 on can attest that their water engine is much more fluid than this games.

It's the little things that count, imho.

So the game is looking at loading screens? Well okay, I guess that's about as amusing as their story and gameplay, so why not right?

You need to stop acting like people just insulted your mother whenever someone brings up valid points against this game.

Yeah, man this entire game is looking at loading screens. The whole game is nothing but load screens! All I said the load screens are a part of this game that is more than likely not gonna change. I never said they were a game play element. Who decided a valid point you? Who are you again? Right some random guy/girl on a forum that I really don't care about.

Edited by dlogan

i5 2500k oc'd to 4.5ghz

gtx 560ti

8gb ram.

I don't need to upgrade my computer, i need the game to not have a freaking loading screen every time i try to tab back in. I need the game to not make me go through 3 empty places just to change planets.

Example:

Here's what i have to do:

I interact with the door to the hangars (1 loading screen) which teleports me to the inside of an empty hangar that only has my ship and a couple of useless placeholder npcs. I interact with the door on my ship (another loading screen) to get into my ship. I interact with the galaxy map and pick my planet (third loading screen). I arrive at the planet after 2 cutscenes and i have to walk out of my ship (4th) walk out of the hangar (5th) and then i'm on the planet.

but then again, just what is fluid in this game?

^^^this this this this^^^

my current rig:

i7 970 hexa-core CPU @ 3.7Ghz

6GB Corsair DOMINATOR GT DDR3 RAM @ 1866Mhz

2 x GTX 470 GPUs in SLi

2 x intel 80GB SSDs

... now tell me: Why is it that after last weeks update did my loading screen increase in time 3x fold?

If you've really got ssd's then your load times will have gone up by a few seconds at most. Hardly game breaking.

Yeah, man this entire game is looking at loading screens. The whole game is nothing but load screens! All I said the load screens are a part of this game that is more than likely not gonna change. Who decided a valid point you? Who are you again? Right some random guy/girl on a forum that I really don't care about.

I can't even begin to describe how hilarious it is to read your posts and how utterly enraged you seem because someone says "I don't like X in this game, here's why...".

You need to calm down, take a breather and consider learning how to use proper punctuation and formulate an argument that doesn't revolve around "NUH-UH".

I counted how many loadscreens there are just to switch planets because it was related to the topic at hand. It's a big issue in my opinion because it breaks flow, it breaks immersion (of which there is little anyway).

I can even suggest alternatives that would cut-down the amount of loadscreens. Here goes:

When you interact with the door that leads to your hangar you instantly go inside your ship(1) you interact with your star map and pick a planet (2) you arrive at the starport of that planet.

Oh look, only 2 loadscreens. I wouldn't mind accepting a job as a level designer Bioware *wink, wink*

If you've really got ssd's then your load times will have gone up by a few seconds at most. Hardly game breaking.

actually, it used to take about 10s to load. now I wait around 30s. So yes, call me spoiled, but I don't build expensive gaming rigs to run sub-performance games.

I can't even begin to describe how hilarious it is to read your posts and how utterly enraged you seem because someone says "I don't like X in this game, here's why...".

You need to calm down, take a breather and consider learning how to use proper punctuation and formulate an argument that doesn't revolve around "NUH-UH".

I counted how many loadscreens there are just to switch planets because it was related to the topic at hand. It's a big issue in my opinion because it breaks flow, it breaks immersion (of which there is little anyway).

I can even suggest alternatives that would cut-down the amount of loadscreens. Here goes:

When you interact with the door that leads to your hangar you instantly go inside your ship(1) you interact with your star map and pick a planet (2) you arrive at the starport of that planet.

Oh look, only 2 loadscreens. I wouldn't mind accepting a job as a level designer Bioware *wink, wink*

I'm not enraged. I'm just on my laptop watching a playoff game. Tebow's takin' it to 'em. I don't get how you think I am enraged. Or are you the type of guy if anyone says something you say "umad?" My punctuation? Really? Come on man.

Edited by dlogan

I'm not enraged. I'm just on my laptop watching a playoff game. Tebow's takin' it to 'em. I don't get how you think I am enraged. Or are you the type of guy if anyone says something you say "umad?"

I haven't said umad so far, but you seem quite proficient at not responding to the argument and resorting to ad hominems.

Game has a lot of loadscreens. Fact.

You even get a loadscreen every time you alt-tab back into the game. What good justification is there for this?

Don't let your fanboyism blind you.

I haven't said umad so far, but you seem quite proficient at not responding to the argument and resorting to ad hominems.

Game has a lot of loadscreens. Fact.

You even get a loadscreen every time you alt-tab back into the game. What good justification is there for this?

Don't let your fanboyism blind you.

When did I EVER try to justify the amount of load screens or deny their existence? I didn't say you said "umad" did I? But you clearly said I was getting enraged same thing just a different way of saying it. You say I resort to ad hominems yet you say I'm getting enraged, that I'm a fan boy, AND criticize my punctuation. Re-read my thread topic it says "load times" not the amount of load screens.

Edited by dlogan