About to quit because of this stupid pvp gearing system

Nordia

I've opened close to 40 pvp bags now and here is what I've gotten:

1 chest token

1 implant token

3 BRACER TOKENS

3 BELT TOKENS

5 RELIC TOKENS

What the hell is this? Who's idea was it to make loot random and having you able to get tokens you already have? I'd rather get nothing then get the same *********** token I got before not to mention it being the most *********** useless token, the relic token since you people can't seem to balance your relics. **** you. I should get what I deserve. I've been 50 for two weeks why the **** are people who hit 50 three days ago already in 5/5?

Fix your *********** system right now. NO duplicate tokens, up the drop rate from the bags. DO *********** SOMETHING THIS IS RIDICULOUS I FEEL LIKE I LOG ON TO DO DAILIES JUST SO I CAN GET TROLLED BY YOU *******

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so whats the problem?

take a look at a none pvp view...flashpoints loot is random you can run it 10+ times and not see the piece you want....

it's random so you have to WORK for it....

The problem is that some are not working for it at all, the system is so broken that anyone can open 10 bags and get 10 different items, or open 10 bags and get nothing or 10 of the same.

Edited by Maximilus

But nothing can be something if you look at it the right way. Bags with "nothing" usually have centurion commendations. Bags with duplicate items have mods you can take out to put in gear you do have until you get PvP gear with the set bonus.

I agree it's stupid, but there are ways to get something out of nothing.

The problem is that some are not working for it at all, the system is so broken that anyone can open 10 bags and get 10 different items, or open 10 bags and get nothing or 10 of the same.

But you see. This is really only a big deal early on. Because people are looking for champ gear and not battlemaster gear. In a month when the better players are decked out in Battlemaster gear, not many people will whine about not getting their champ gear. And you will need to work for that level 60 valor.

There is a fix in the 1.0.2 patch. No?

Where does it mention anything about RNG bags in the patch notes?

Actually it does, but this is battlemaster specific. I am sure the OP is referring to Champ bags.

Edited by Kyrinic

I've opened close to 40 pvp bags now and here is what I've gotten:

1 chest token

1 implant token

3 BRACER TOKENS

3 BELT TOKENS

5 RELIC TOKENS

What the hell is this? Who's idea was it to make loot random and having you able to get tokens you already have? I'd rather get nothing then get the same *********** token I got before not to mention it being the most *********** useless token, the relic token since you people can't seem to balance your relics. **** you. I should get what I deserve. I've been 50 for two weeks why the **** are people who hit 50 three days ago already in 5/5?

Fix your *********** system right now. NO duplicate tokens, up the drop rate from the bags. DO *********** SOMETHING THIS IS RIDICULOUS I FEEL LIKE I LOG ON TO DO DAILIES JUST SO I CAN GET TROLLED BY YOU *******

wow want it now do you?

Sorry I remember the days of grinding endless honor for a title and gear I could never ever get.

Cry me a river

So since you didn't get full epics in a week, the system is stupid...

k.

Even with badluck commendations will get you all your gear eventually.

Whats the issue=/

It's even funnier because these people are referring to Champ gear. Which they will think sucks when everyone else is rocking battlemaster.

I have only really been pvp'ing for a few weeks.. I did some while levelling but not more than maybe 10 warzones.. I'm at about valorrank 25..

So far I have the following drops from champion bags

chest

bracers*2

Offhand*2

Feet

Implant*2

Ear*2 (I think I got these twice)

System is fine..

But nothing can be something if you look at it the right way. Bags with "nothing" usually have centurion commendations. Bags with duplicate items have mods you can take out to put in gear you do have until you get PvP gear with the set bonus.

I agree it's stupid, but there are ways to get something out of nothing.

Show how to take out a mod from 6 relics, 4 ears pieces and 7 belts, and I'll make sure you get the Peace Noble Prize.... Do you even know how long it takes to get enough centurion to buy 1 armor piece? when you get 3 per bag?

The system is trash, the people defending the system have no idea what they are talking about or got so lucky they already got all the pieces with minimal effort base on luck and could care less for the rest. Pick one, cause it fit you well.

Edited by Maximilus

Agreed. This system is totally abysmal. There's no sense of progression, skill, time-worth investment, it's a TOTAL waste of time at the moment to pvp unless you're extremely lucky. I've opened close to 20 bags so far and have gotten NOT ONE piece of gear. NOT ONE. I've pvped for days with nothing to show for it, yet a friend of mine who dinged 50 last week is in FULL pvp gear. How is this fair? Balanced? I don't understand the logic behind those who support this system.

Agreed. This system is totally abysmal. There's no sense of progression, skill, time-worth investment, it's a TOTAL waste of time at the moment to pvp unless you're extremely lucky. I've opened close to 20 bags so far and have gotten NOT ONE piece of gear. NOT ONE. I've pvped for days with nothing to show for it, yet a friend of mine who dinged 50 last week is in FULL pvp gear. How is this fair? Balanced? I don't understand the logic behind those who support this system.

This. Even the "fix" in the next patch is just a bandaid. Hell Centurion gear isn't even going to see the light of day, what's up with that? They need to rework this system badly.

I'd go as far to say they need to rework their whole currency system badly. Streamline Bioware, streamline. That currency tab is a mess.

This. Even the "fix" in the next patch is just a bandaid. Hell Centurion gear isn't even going to see the light of day, what's up with that? They need to rework this system badly.

I'd go as far to say they need to rework their whole currency system badly. Streamline Bioware, streamline. That currency tab is a mess.

Tons of people use cent gear for pieces until they get the champ piece. And then when you get valor 60, you use champ gear from tokens until you get the battlemaster piece.

And with the next patch you won't have to worry about getting duplicate items for battlemaster.

Protip: Keep PVPing until you get to valor 60. Then you will be getting BM bags, and you will be getting nothing but BM items and Champion tokens.

that solves nothing. You still can get repeat BM items (as far as im aware) and with BM bags you can only get a limited number per week, whereas champion you can farm non stop.

30+ bags, I have chest, boots, belt and ear.

I also have 3 more belts ontop of the one I am wearing.

hate the system its terrible, I would happily grind warzones if I knew what I was getting and not some random chance to get an item I already have.

30+ bags, I have chest, boots, belt and ear.

I also have 3 more belts ontop of the one I am wearing.

hate the system its terrible, I would happily grind warzones if I knew what I was getting and not some random chance to get an item I already have.

Agreed. I'd rather grind knowing that in one week, two weeks, three weeks, FOUR WEEKS, I'll get SOMETHING. Rather than farm farm farm, nothing or duplicates, no idea if I should keep going, MAYBE get ONE piece of gear that isn't a duplicate, repeat process.

I know Bioware wants to avoid making the player having to grind as much as possible, but an RNG drop system is the OPPOSITE direction they need to go.

I like how you just ignore commendations.

I mean sure they buy you any gear you want.

But ya.