Want to be top DPS as Marauder(read here)

DragonAgeOrgins

While coming across this site. I learned some people had trouble with this class. You are not alone. Alot of this comes with experience. However the best thing you can do is pick the right spec. Right now for me. I use "Rage Spec"

Let me tell you why. While doing a PVP. I came across a guy that was just destroying people. After the game I asked him about his spec and the rouations. It's simple "Force Charge..Slash..leap in the air and come down" it surprises me exactly how much DPS it does.

Why? one of the reasons in Rage spec allows 30 percent chance of crit for doing something. (Force Charge) you would already do. 30 percent chance for all force ablitys. Do this and rule at PVP it also has great use for that.

Comment if questions or thoughts.

I'm pretty sure everyone here is able to read talent trees and understand what they do.

"Topping charts," so to speak, not only does not win WarZones but is able to be done by all 3 specs. It comes down to player skill as well as the makeups of both teams. There's going to be a large paradigm shift in the entire community when 50s go against 50s and everyone has PvP gear.

I'm pretty sure everyone here is able to read talent trees and understand what they do.

"Topping charts," so to speak, not only does not win WarZones but is able to be done by all 3 specs. It comes down to player skill as well as the makeups of both teams. There's going to be a large paradigm shift in the entire community when 50s go against 50s and everyone has PvP gear.

Exactly this. I saw a video on this forum of a 50 Carnage-spec Marauder doing over 400K+ damage in a warzone. About twice the amount of the second best. It really comes down to experience and your preferred play-style.

I can't say I've done more than 360k damage in a single warzone yet, though I've never really hunted for that spesific goal..

I try to stay close to the objectives of the match, while dishing out as much dps as possible..

Aswell as obtaining a decent amount of medals for myself.

I wouldn't say there is a "do this, and you'll top charts" formula, but more a basic guideline for how the class works..

And as Kiba says.. Things will surely change when 50's gets their own brackets..

But pvp wize you need to overlook the current situation, and adapt well.. Not just mindlessly charging in to groups and spam slam, and hope for the best..

Edited by Loopicks

• 3 months later...

As a lvl 50 marauder with 60+ valor i have to agree with the above , it depends on how you play,

I prefer the anni class due to the survivability (the healing due to bleed effects) as far as the crits go when you get Battle master gear your crit chance should be around 30% anyway.

I dont kow if your crit chance stacks with the rage spec but I personally believe that your attack chain and when/where you attack and what targets you attack takes great priority of the skill tree.

However I have never gotten close to 400k dmg in a match so I might not be the one to ask on skill tree builds, I can say that since the 1.2 patch our class can not only stand up to most other classes but dominate them if you know what skills to use and when,

unless you get stunn ganked whitch is a whole other I have with this class (meaning the ability to get stinned constantly due to a 2m cool down on our unleash skill .

Anyway it would be nice if a warhero etc would make a video for begginers on how to set up a skill tree and what chains to use on each class aswell as any other tips etc.

As a lvl 50 marauder with 60+ valor i have to agree with the above , it depends on how you play,

I prefer the anni class due to the survivability (the healing due to bleed effects) as far as the crits go when you get Battle master gear your crit chance should be around 30% anyway.

I dont kow if your crit chance stacks with the rage spec but I personally believe that your attack chain and when/where you attack and what targets you attack takes great priority of the skill tree.

However I have never gotten close to 400k dmg in a match so I might not be the one to ask on skill tree builds, I can say that since the 1.2 patch our class can not only stand up to most other classes but dominate them if you know what skills to use and when,

unless you get stunn ganked whitch is a whole other I have with this class (meaning the ability to get stinned constantly due to a 2m cool down on our unleash skill .

Anyway it would be nice if a warhero etc would make a video for begginers on how to set up a skill tree and what chains to use on each class aswell as any other tips etc.

Why in gods name would you necro a 4 month old thread? What page was this on?!

400k is not unheard of. In the right group a mara can do that as well as any other class. It come down to the longer you can stay alive by getting healed. If your group has some awesome healers in it ansld can keep you alive, you will keep the Dps up. Longer your life span is the more damage you can do. If your a great player with great heals look out opfor. So find people that love to Pvp and group up.