Biowares first mmo = massive failure

Devaztate

You know very well that there is quite a small part of the playerbase actually using the forums.

I can tell you that most people experiencing FPS issue just blame it on their machine thinking it doesn't meet the system requirements and just move on without ever saying a word about their problem.

That's how it has always worked, for one voice trying to be heard you always have much more remaining silent behind.

Plus you only have to Google the issue to see that there are lots of threads in other forums about the issue so its more than people think

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

ok well call it a guess, id be willing to bet they have less than 300k subscribers come the end of feb cause of a poorly optimized game engine. Judging by the sheer number of forum post about performance issues id say its closer to 80% of the playerbase having problems, nothing about a choppy unresponsive combat mmo is fun or enjoyable.

I think that you are a Bioware fanboy with no idea about gaming. A vocal minority?? Let me explain the problems for you dude:

1. The specs that Bioware announced for this game are wrong, need stronger machines to play it ok because the game is not optimized ( is so ruined that they didn't add even the Antializing )

2.Casting abilities for each class and character is broken - first it plays animation THAN announce the server = each ability is rendering speed dependent.

3. Bioware customer support is worse than my ISP customer support.They close the tickets without answering and when they answer they have not a clue what they say.

4.There is a huge number of random bugs in the game that Bioware does not address neither makes official ( for example yesterday the mods from my pvp gun were gone over the night)

5. No rules enforced in guild names, general chat spamming and player names.

And i can add at least 10 others here.

THIS IS WHY THIS GAME SO FAR IS A FAILURE.

Defending yourself from general chat trolls is a banable offense, I have had warning after warning and week ban for putting people in their place, first MMO to support group trolling.

I will have to agree.. but then again, we see where the priorities lie with this scenario..

renegadeimp is undercover CSR - All I do is see this guy defend bioware and tell other people they are wrong.

Careful!

wait? i defend bioware? No. i tell the truth. Check my sig for proof. Also check my infractions list.

Defend Bioware? Sorry if you think that.

wait? i defend bioware? No. i tell the truth. Check my sig for proof. Also check my infractions list.

dude, you are annoying, fine if things work out for you, but i have an optimized system, even so it´s 4 years old i can run almost every game (latest was skyrim) flawlessly on high details (even other mmo´s) but all of the sudden when there is a problem with one game named SWTOR it´s all my fault? sorry that´s ludicrous

dude, you are annoying, fine if things work out for you, but i have an optimized system, even so it´s 4 years old i can run almost every game (latest was skyrim) flawlessly on high details (even other mmo´s) but all of the sudden when there is a problem with one game named SWTOR it´s all my fault? sorry that´s ludicrous

No you dont.

You are fogetting one small thing. Just because your system works with one game, it doesnt mean it will work with another.

As a LOT of people have no issues at all with the game, its pretty safe to say theres either a conflict (software or hardware) or a user issue. Since you are adamant on blaming everyone but yourself, and are reluctant to even consider troubleshooting your issues, then you're just going to be stuck with the issues you have.

As for skyrim, the problems in that game, just like this one, were all down to driver issues.

Notice how in each reiteration of the GPU drivers, it states " increases performance in Skyrim / BF3 by 10% or 25%"

But i guess you know more than people who have been there and done it.

Nevertheless im big fen of the genre, this mmo is a big fail. barely try of copy paste the wow.

In our country we have a proverb - with fart, a paint is unworkable.

full stop"."

Edited by Kotkata

No you dont.

You are fogetting one small thing. Just because your system works with one game, it doesnt mean it will work with another.

As a LOT of people have no issues at all with the game, its pretty safe to say theres either a conflict (software or hardware) or a user issue. Since you are adamant on blaming everyone but yourself, and are reluctant to even consider troubleshooting your issues, then you're just going to be stuck with the issues you have.

As for skyrim, the problems in that game, just like this one, were all down to driver issues.

Notice how in each reiteration of the GPU drivers, it states " increases performance in Skyrim / BF3 by 10% or 25%"

OH yea you're right, just because our systems dont work fine with -all other games- and not with SWTOR, clearly its going to be ours fault.

My friend, every forum thread I go into trying to see what issues are going on and potential fixes, you are in the thread, posting some garbage about how they should stop complaining and fix their own machines.

Thats what I see from you, I can link about 10 threads if you want.

lol

Fix my sound echoing for me... it only echos in SWTOR nothing else..

clearly it must be on my end right

No you dont.

i tried every single tip/ fix available for the last 3 days and still i´ve got bad fps. skyrim was just an example btw that i take care of my system and always use latest drivers or even beta drivers which doesn´t seem to help anyway.

My friend, every forum thread I go into trying to see what issues are going on and potential fixes, you are in the thread, posting some garbage about how they should stop complaining and fix their own machines.

lol

garbage? i guess you just skim the posts and dont do any research at all about any of the current issues.

The first troubleshooting you should do is ALWAYS on your own machine. Once you have removed all possibility of any errors on your machine, then you can complain to the devs.

Unfortunatly, you, like hundreds of others complainers on here, simply refuse to do this.

i tried every single tip/ fix available for the last 3 days and still i´ve got bad fps. skyrim was just an example btw that i take care of my system and always use latest drivers or even beta drivers which doesn´t seem to help anyway.

Post your dxdiag log. Theres little point in saying you have an issue if you wont provide any information so people can diagnose your problem.

a graphics fix that's working for me currently is, as oddly as it sounds - I set my AA to 32 andeverything to high in game beside shadows and I don't drop under 30-40FPS currently - gtx 560.

not sure if that was your problem but this is a temporary fix for me.

lol

I see you noticed that as well :)

garbage? i guess you just skim the posts and dont do any research at all about any of the current issues.

The first troubleshooting you should do is ALWAYS on your own machine. Once you have removed all possibility of any errors on your machine, then you can complain to the devs.

Unfortunatly, you, like hundreds of others complainers on here, simply refuse to do this.

If someone's system runs -EVERY GAME- Fine, other than the game SWTOR. What trouble shooting should be done?

I think running every game fine is enough own system trouble shooting, would you agree?

ERROR Corrupt Source detected in C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars - The Old Republic\Assets/assets_swtor_main_version.txt (http://manifest.swtor.com/patch/assets_swtor_main.patchmanifest)

20120108060307 ERROR File info: Missing: C:/Program Files (x86)/Electronic Arts/BioWare/Star Wars - The Old Republic/Assets/assets_swtor_main_version.txt

I cant fix this one :confused:

ERROR Corrupt Source detected in C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars - The Old Republic\Assets/assets_swtor_main_version.txt (http://manifest.swtor.com/patch/assets_swtor_main.patchmanifest)

20120108060307 ERROR File info: Missing: C:/Program Files (x86)/Electronic Arts/BioWare/Star Wars - The Old Republic/Assets/assets_swtor_main_version.txt

Does the repair tool do anything? Yeah sorry may be a stupid question to ask, but always best I guess. As for the Imp hate going around, they're right in what they're saying. In any case of troubleshooting, it's best to rule out everything on your side first. That way, when you do contact Bioware, you're able to say

"I did x, y and z. Here's the results, go from there". Otherwise the first thing they'll even ask you, is the basics again.

are the people who havent been able to log on since release gonna get playtime refunded?

I have no problems getting into the game, but it is a complete mess...

BW have well and truely jumped out of their comfort zone with this 1.....

How its won awards i'll never know.

I have a AMD Phenom II x4 955 3.2GHz, ATI HD XFX 5770 XXX Edition OC'ed, 6Gig DDR2, and the game runs good @ 1080p all settings high with shadows enabled, but I do get massive fps drops in certain areas, specially indoors. I have a geforce gtx 460 1g laying around that I will try and see if it makes a difference in fps.

Thare ARE issues in the game. No doubt about it. I've been monitoring the horrid fps thread and most (not all) post are pretty valid, somethings wrong when a pc x2 better than mine have fps issues equal or worst than mine.

Edited by Guaza

are the people who havent been able to log on since release gonna get playtime refunded?

I have no problems getting into the game, but it is a complete mess...

BW have well and truely jumped out of their comfort zone with this 1.....

How its won awards i'll never know.

Same way other companies win awards. Either the company that did the research itself is affiliated with said company, or they got fluffed.

If someone's system runs -EVERY GAME- Fine, other than the game SWTOR. What trouble shooting should be done?

I think running every game fine is enough own system trouble shooting, would you agree?

There are several reasons why it wouldn't work. I'd suggest running the repair tool first.

oh hey snap...same for me.

game runs fine for me when it runs........when the patcher doesn't screw up.

that said the demand on system resources from swtor is high, most games don't ask for more than 2gb of ram and those that do usually cap at that amount as well, swtor capped my system at 7.6gb of ram usage which is interesting for a 32bit client....1.5gb used by my computer the rest on swtor.

how to resolve? shut down swtor, restart the game and watch it slowly climb back up...then restart swtor....vicious cycle.

there are many bugs and contrary to popular beileif i'd wager their is a larger proportion of players having problems that are easily solved even in the short term by simple client restarts than those posting on the forums.

lets see, mmo champion has a few threads as do many other websites regarding issues so they aren't all here complianing.