Marauder leveling. A request

Rayaleith

Ok... I have read enough. Since the forums do not have any search, I used google asking specifically for swtor.com site only and still there are so many opinions that is hard to decide.

Leveling as Marauder. I have read about the pros of Anni (survives more at longer fight), the damage of Caranage (survives less, ends combats sooner) and Rage (after 40, they say). In another post I rad that one should place his 5 first points to Enraged Slash and Defensive Forms, thus splitting the points... I don't know if this is a good idea, that is to delay the 11pt skill.

So, since the posts I was reading were from various stages of the game (if we can say stages in a 3 weeks game) is there a definite answer to the talents pick order if we suppose I will choose Anni for leveling?

I know some of you are 50s and have a better understanding of the spec but please bear in mind that before I reach -let's say 36- when the X ability comes out and shine, there are 35 levels before that I have to go :) So please think as a leveling toon!

Thanks for your time!

I stuck to one tree till I got the final skill. You really shouldn't have a problem with any tree in terms of leveling. Of course everyone has their personal preference (I leveled with rage from 25 to 50; whereas I personal think Anni is the worst at leveling considering that regular mobs don't last long enough for bleed-heals or bleeds in general). You should hit 40 in no time if you put some effort into leveling.

If you really need defense, then I guess you could pick up Defensive Forms. I'm also told Cloak of Annihilation is good only for PvE though.

Like I said, I loved rage for leveling. Not sure why people wouldn't roll Rage tree considering the high amounts of damage it does to soft targets + stuns + aoe + low cool down compared to Carnage/Anni which are single target.

Like I said, I loved rage for leveling. Not sure why people wouldn't roll Rage tree considering the high amounts of damage it does to soft targets + stuns + aoe + low cool down compared to Carnage/Anni which are single target.

Charge > B.*** > Deadly Saber > smash > sweeping strikes will kill stuff just as easily as rage. Rage is pretty blergh without the 4 stacks.

Great for single targets. Leveling pretty much involves groups of mobs. FC + FC + Smash = dead. Finish off the rest with w/e skills you want. Smash still hits like a truck w/out 4 stacks as long as you FC or Obliterate for the auto crit. Simple as that. Don't have to go through the same rotation with Annihilation.

Lol @ Sweeping Strike, but hey, Marauders needed another AoE so why not I guess.

Edited by BarcodeX

I stuck to one tree till I got the final skill. You really shouldn't have a problem with any tree in terms of leveling. Of course everyone has their personal preference (I leveled with rage from 25 to 50; whereas I personal think Anni is the worst at leveling considering that regular mobs don't last long enough for bleed-heals or bleeds in general). You should hit 40 in no time if you put some effort into leveling.

If you really need defense, then I guess you could pick up Defensive Forms. I'm also told Cloak of Annihilation is good only for PvE though.

DoTs tick every 1-2 seconds. The hardest hitting one is applied passively after activating Deadly Sabers(which is off the GCD) Which basically means your bleeds can get ticks in even on standard mobs.

Smash does hit decently even without x4 Shockwave, but it's not like Annhi doesn't get Smash. You get auto crit off Obliterate and Annhi gets access to Quick Recovery sooner - more smashes for less rage. Cheap Sweeping Slashes too.

As for why I don't level Rage, it doesn't have the same level of survivability. People tend to scoff at 2%(3% if Beserking) on every bleed crit, but that stuff adds up incredibly fast. I have successfully soloed, every Heroic 2+ quest I've come across since I was about level 25. I'm 44 now, which means all of them except those I haven't gotten to yet on Voss/Corelia. I cannot imagine Rage/Carnge lasting some of those fights, especially the champions or 2gold/silver 1 silver/gold pulls.

Annhi also has the benefit of having incredible rage/fury generation/management.

To answer the TC's question about which talents to go for first when leveling as Annhi:

T1: Enraged Slash > Quick Recovery

T2: Juyo Mastery > Hungering

T3: Deadly Saber > Bleedout > Either Blurred Speed or Seeping Wound, personal choice.

T4: Short Fuse > Deep Wounds > Close Quarters

T5: Pulverize > Completely up to you, many two pointers possible here as "filler". I personally like Phantom. Good for PvP, FPs, and even soloing if there are some nasty dots/aoe on you.

T6-7: Take what's left.

From there I'd get Defensive Forms > Dual Wield Mastery, then do what you like from there.

My lvl 50 marauder made it from 1-50 in the anni spec, i did die on some story missions, luckily u can revive on the spot and heal/buff up some distance from quest target and go when youre ready for a fair fight. But the only problem i really had was a story mission on Alderaan, other than that i love my class. Might feel squishy but thats it. (i heard juggernauts have it harder than marauders :3)

DoTs tick every 1-2 seconds. The hardest hitting one is applied passively after activating Deadly Sabers(which is off the GCD) Which basically means your bleeds can get ticks in even on standard mobs.

Smash does hit decently even without x4 Shockwave, but it's not like Annhi doesn't get Smash. You get auto crit off Obliterate and Annhi gets access to Quick Recovery sooner - more smashes for less rage. Cheap Sweeping Slashes too.

As for why I don't level Rage, it doesn't have the same level of survivability. People tend to scoff at 2%(3% if Beserking) on every bleed crit, but that stuff adds up incredibly fast. I have successfully soloed, every Heroic 2+ quest I've come across since I was about level 25. I'm 44 now, which means all of them except those I haven't gotten to yet on Voss/Corelia. I cannot imagine Rage/Carnge lasting some of those fights, especially the champions or 2gold/silver 1 silver/gold pulls.

Annhi also has the benefit of having incredible rage/fury generation/management.

To answer the TC's question about which talents to go for first when leveling as Annhi:

T1: Enraged Slash > Quick Recovery

T2: Juyo Mastery > Hungering

T3: Deadly Saber > Bleedout > Either Blurred Speed or Seeping Wound, personal choice.

T4: Short Fuse > Deep Wounds > Close Quarters

T5: Pulverize > Completely up to you, many two pointers possible here as "filler". I personally like Phantom. Good for PvP, FPs, and even soloing if there are some nasty dots/aoe on you.

T6-7: Take what's left.

From there I'd get Defensive Forms > Dual Wield Mastery, then do what you like from there.

Thank you very much. And the other posters ofc