Why SWTOR will not "fail" or go F2P..

Dunzo

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty sure Aion is still P2P last time I checked it out about 4 months ago, but they certainly are hurting for subs.

It's announced it'll be f2p and run by Gameforge after February in EU. Mostly because of low population and Korea wants NCwest to focus on gw2.

I remember WoW at launch. It was a mess. It had a very bad launch, constant server crashes and outages. It was like that for well over a month. This game has had a very successful launch and it will get better. The graphics issue may take a little time but they will get fixed. There won't be an engine change until the first expansion. That is what Wow did with TBC. They also upgraded the entire server base for TBC which was a very smooth launch. I am sure they will do this with this game too.

One thing wow did swtor doesn't though is compatability for old machines. WoW was playable on every computer, Mac or pc, new or old, and it had a good set of graphics on all of them.

Are you only familiar with WOW? No MMOs have more than 500k for any length of time except WOW. So what is that like 1% of MMOs in history have kept 500k subs so the odds are stacked very very hard against them keeping that many subs.

Incorrect, FFXI held 500k +/- 10k for roughly 5 years before starting to drop. EQ had over 700k for a large amount of its time in the limelight. Before WoW, your MMO was awesome if it hit 1 million. After WoW, it hit 1 million? People consider it dead.

All of you guys who are QQing about no LFG, have faith..WoW did not have the LFG tool for quite a while, it survived, they finally implemented it into Rift at some point not too long after its release (Before Hammerknell patch iirc), and if bioware start to listen to its community a little more they will realize they "should" implement an LFG tool