What was your first "WOW!" moment

Kemosobe

While you were playing the game, what happened or what was going on the first time you just went "WOW!" at this game and fell in love with the galaxy that has been created?

For me, I guess it would have been my first time stepping out of the hanger on Tatooine. Had some few "Oh, that's cool." moments throughout the game before this. As soon as I was off my ship and inside the hanger I was even thinking, "Well, I have seen this style hanger before. Taris?" But as soon as I stepped outside the hanger and saw the open deserts of Tatooine and the dust just sort of flying through the air, I was in awe.

It may have hit me even more because I am from a desert area of Arizona and it just felt like home.

Esseles. That was the best flashpoint yet. I just soloed it yesterday, and it was even better because I got to see how it played out with only my smuggler responses. In fact, I saw perhaps one of the funniest dialogue choices the smuggler has during that flashpoint. I literally lol'd.

While you were playing the game, what happened or what was going on the first time you just went "WOW!" at this game and fell in love with the galaxy that has been created?

For me, I guess it would have been my first time stepping out of the hanger on Tatooine. Had some few "Oh, that's cool." moments throughout the game before this. As soon as I was off my ship and inside the hanger I was even thinking, "Well, I have seen this style hanger before. Taris?" But as soon as I stepped outside the hanger and saw the open deserts of Tatooine and the dust just sort of flying through the air, I was in awe.

It may have hit me even more because I am from a desert area of Arizona and it just felt like home.

WoW moment, not "WoW! was getting my first Green loot, was down hill from there emotionally.

For me, it was a certain quest chain in Taris relating to certain events in KOTOR. I was close to shedding a tear, I can tell you.

Getting on a speeder and realising it actually flies you over the terrain on a speeder instead of just transporting you and pretending you travelled.

Being told over and over again that I'm going to fail at the Sith Academy.

Getting my first dark points for a choice I made in a quest.

It was one of these moments, I can't remember which was first.

Edited by Slightlycampana

I would have to say my first wow moment was Tatooine as well, back in beta. I am from AZ as well, and I felt like I was in the Yuma area!

My wife and I have played through GW, WoW and LOTRO together. For us they were all fun in their own way. Our initial TOR wow moment was when my JK first used force leap & force sweep at the same time her Consular uncorked a project. Our first eyepopping wow moment was upon our first arrival to Nar Shaddaa. Ya it's incomplete, but the uber-colorful 5th Element/Judge Dredd environments are amazing. Her first comment really summed up the game for us: "Can't believe this is all just 1s and 0s. It's pure magic!"

But the piece de resistance was when we got to the meteor gun in Hammer Station. That was a jaw dropper.

Edited by GalacticKegger

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.