Galactic Trade Network

Kiarapanther

What I find the most annoying is if you place something on the GTN to sell in other MMO AH's your item would come up in a list showing how many other of the same item was being sold and for how much. There is no quick and easy way of seeing the current market price.

Addons will fix it when they come, but honestly it isn't all that bad, just different then what people are used to.

I spent the last 45 minutes, before maintenance, searching for, and listing stuff on the GTN. Once I figured out how it worked it wasn't terrible to use.

Quick question: Can you bid on items on the GTN instead of buying them out completely? The game manual doesn't mention anything about it.

It would be nice if they had an "Auction" price and a "Buy Out" price, sort of like eBay. I typically sell my items just a little under the default price, depending on what it is, but it would be nice, especially on the moddable items to set it for an Auction over X-number of days (and definitely more than two days ... Come on, Bioware, at least let them go for a week! You can add a HUGE money-sink for that!).

GTN needs a bit of work. That's not surprise, as we are not even playing the final Release Version.

Searching is really odd, having to set up the category before using keywords. That would not be so bad if items were correctly categorized, but that's not always the case, and there are too many categories and subcategories, making it difficult to handle for an average user.

I hope Bioware gives the GTN a bit of love in the first game patches. MMOs are mainly social games, and as such, auction houses are a fundamental part of a good online game...

L

Edited by Lokken

For shadowsilk, you need to select crafting materials > diplomacy > type shadowsilk.

Lets be honest here, the GTN is bad, it's BAD. In fact it's about as bad as they come in MMO's.

Why oh why, can't they just let you search by name and leave it at that. The function is already in there, so why make you select required categories? I don't see the reasoning.

Ive had no real complaints with TOR until i went to the auction house. *** it's horrible. Makes WOW and Rift auction house look genius. No overall search. No quick item link with GTN up (i.e. autofill search box). No item splitting when selling items. The fee to sell stuff is way too high. I went broke posting 10 items. When you clear the suggested sell price it always defaults to 1 credit, and you have to go back and change xxxx1 every time.

Probably the worst thing in this absolutely amazing game is the GTN - terrible interface. Please allow us to simply search for an item based on a name, without the need to select categories; this should be optional. Secondly please let us search for specific armour slots.

Thanking you.

Ive had no real complaints with TOR until i went to the auction house. *** it's horrible. Makes WOW and Rift auction house look genius. No overall search. No quick item link with GTN up (i.e. autofill search box). No item splitting when selling items. The fee to sell stuff is way too high. I went broke posting 10 items. When you clear the suggested sell price it always defaults to 1 credit, and you have to go back and change xxxx1 every time.

/signed

My rating is 1/10

I have no words how bad this is. :mad:

GTN Is awful. It needs a search function, as well as a drag and drop function, where I can drag something from my inventory and it shows what that item is selling for. Instead I have to search each thing I want to sell in order to compete with other current offerings.