Does this Game...

sadokun

I'd never attack someone with a response such as yours. Never. I'm simply not here to rain on parades or be cold-hearted and troll. My ex-girlfriend and I played computer games next to each other all the time, it was our main hobby. I'm glad you two are enjoying the game, and I bet if I had a full-time questing partner it would enhance my experience greatly.

I'm on server Dark Reaper, feel free to PM Forceline any time!

Your actions speak louder than your words.

You exposed yourself as a troll many pages ago.

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Guess what, I am one of these casual players you are talking about. I have been playing the crap out of SWTOR during this holiday season. Monday I go back to college and will not be playing this game as much, but will still love it for what it is. I was also in the military before Blizzard started catering to these "casual" players so much and, even though I had no time, I loved the hell out of WoW. I was just getting out of the military when Blizzard started turning WoW into what it is now, and only hated it. I now had even more time to play the game that I was once loving, and hated it because there was no reason to play it anymore. Blizzard had turned WoW from an MMO into a single player type experience where you can just "beat" (hit 80) the game in a week if not less. Yes, there are raids, but when they take no skill and no thought process to complete, what is the point?

All in all, I respect you immensely for serving in the military, and I hope you have fun going back to college. Again, I never want to rain on anyones parade. And, to some extent, I agree with you on your thoughts on WoW. It is a lot sitting in Org and SW and hitting the queue button. They've made some mistakes.

Here's what I'm waiting for. I'm waiting for that magical feeling I got in Ashenvale, hearing the music, seeing the ambiance.. getting lost of that world of wonder. I'm not getting that from SW:TOR, and it makes me sad..

And having a king is kind of a bad thing. I really hope that TOR, GW2, Rift and TSW combine together to take subscriptions away from WoW. Not because I wish any ill will towards it, but rather to allow players a bit more voice. I highly doubt that I am the only person to dislike WoW for what it is and perhaps with more choice, developers for current and future MMOs will get a better idea of what we like in an MMO than "Let's copy WoW."

On the note of response time, we can't really say how good or bad TOR is at it yet. So far, I think their bug fixes have been coming out in a good amount of time, but that might be just me. In terms of content, only time will tell.

:cool: I've been loving TOR. My cousin says it's WoW with new paint, but eh. There are parts that do feel like WoW, but for the most part, TOR feels way different. I don't know if it's because the community or that it's Star Wars, but whatever it is, it feels completely different. Actually, I'd say it has a Bioware feel. Honestly, I'm surprised at how people are disappointed with the amount of voice acting. It's a Bioware game, of course it's going to have a large amount of story telling.....

I agree with you.. having competition in the industry will only make Blizzard work harder, and do better. Competition is by NO MEANS a bad thing, and I too hope that GW2 + Rift + SW:TOR can make Blizzard (and subsequently, those companies) work harder!

Your actions speak louder than your words.

You exposed yourself as a troll many pages ago.

Whatever, man. You're the only one getting worked up. The rest of us are having civil discussions. The CM already had to step in once. If you have nothing to add, just leave the thread man.

All in all, I respect you immensely for serving in the military, and I hope you have fun going back to college. Again, I never want to rain on anyones parade. And, to some extent, I agree with you on your thoughts on WoW. It is a lot sitting in Org and SW and hitting the queue button. They've made some mistakes.

Here's what I'm waiting for. I'm waiting for that magical feeling I got in Ashenvale, hearing the music, seeing the ambiance.. getting lost of that world of wonder. I'm not getting that from SW:TOR, and it makes me sad..

I actually got that the second I stepped out of the hanger on Tatooine. The starter worlds are all, mostly, city planets. There really is no expansivness to a city planet. You have city, city, and more city. I am not saying these planets are bad, seeing as I LOVED them, just saying there really is no room. The second I got to Tatooine, all bets were off as I literally felt like I was on a planet made entirely out of desert orbiting two suns.

I agree with you.. having competition in the industry will only make Blizzard work harder, and do better. Competition is by NO MEANS a bad thing, and I too hope that GW2 + Rift + SW:TOR can make Blizzard (and subsequently, those companies) work harder!

lets face it those games isnt going to be competition, competition requires a chance to defeat the opposition......

the only game that will kill wow is blizzard's titan, last i heard it will be almost every genre combined (racing, fps, platforming, etc) to reach the broadest player base ever. it will be THE game to be ALL game taking every game's essence of fun and morph it into a huge ball of bbqpwnz

blizzard's titan might be the 2nd decendent of gaming raptor jesus being all but yet different than all. ALL HAIL THE TITAN!!

ALL HAIL THE MIGHT TITAN!!

Edited by Concede

still waiting

The answer we are looking for is popularity amongst mmo players. I admitted they were critically acclaimed so you posted that for naught. Most WoW players felt meh about those and you know it. Yet they kept playing cause nothing else peeked their interest enough. Of course, this isnt the case lately as WoW numbers have been in the decline for a little over a year.

waiting....

I actually got that the second I stepped out of the hanger on Tatooine. The starter worlds are all, mostly, city planets. There really is no expansivness to a city planet. You have city, city, and more city. I am not saying these planets are bad, seeing as I LOVED them, just saying there really is no room. The second I got to Tatooine, all bets were off as I literally felt like I was on a planet made entirely out of desert orbiting two suns.

For me, I started to sort of get that feeling on Alderaan, so I know what you mean. Tatooine didn't do it for me, but I was never huge into the Star Wars movies, so that may play a role. Another thing I'm disappointed in is the lack of music.. I want there to be music behind every background that I can loop. You know how you can loop the music in WoW, the music is beautiful, but so sparse in SW:TOR. The ambiance of an MMO is key.. without it, it's just an empty canvas, in my opinion.

lets face it those games isnt going to be competition, competition requires a chance to defeat the opposition......

the only game that will kill wow is blizzard's titan, last i heard it will be almost every genre combined (racing, fps, platforming, etc) to reach the broadest player base ever. it will be THE game to be ALL game taking every game's essence of fun and morph it into a huge ball of bbqpwnz

I'm not sure if you're making fun of me or trolling me or whatever, but I do firmly believe WoW will only die when they turn the servers off.. and Titan will probably be the "next big thing.."

I'm not sure if you're making fun of me or trolling me or whatever, but I do firmly believe WoW will only die when they turn the servers off.. and Titan will probably be the "next big thing.."

a little but believe me im on your side because bioware took my 60 bucks and failed to deliver.

blizzard's titan might be the 2nd decendent of gaming raptor jesus being all but yet different than all. ALL HAIL THE TITAN!!

ALL HAIL THE MIGHT TITAN!!

You may be excited to know that Titan is rumored to be unveiled at this years Blizzcon. Heard it's a FPS MMO.

still waiting

The answer we are looking for is popularity amongst mmo players. I admitted they were critically acclaimed so you posted that for naught. Most WoW players felt meh about those and you know it. Yet they kept playing cause nothing else peeked their interest enough. Of course, this isnt the case lately as WoW numbers have been in the decline for a little over a year.

waiting....

WoW's numbers are in the decline. Cata wasn't as well-received by the fans as the previous 2 expansions and Vanilla. That being said, it's still a monster in the industry.. and if a game is on the decline, and still has 10,000,000 paying subscribers and at least 2 more expansions in the bag.. I mean, what're we even talking about here? :D

why not recommand them to blizzard entertainment's world of warcraft since it does everything better? voice acting gets old might as well watch a movie

With all respect playing this game and watching the cutscenes I sorta am watching a movie---with my toon in it (pssst if Blizz ever do this I definately will be (and my wife) on board (don't think for a minute that Blizz are not paying attention to this type of gaming) Do you know hoooooow muuuuuuch I would like to see a cutscene/cutscenes voiced over class storyline where MY toon gets to give it BIG BIG BIG!!! TIME to assorted warcraft characters. I have already been re-imagining my warcraft exp with this in mind LOL (laughs sinisterly) Jaina Proudmore just sayin"

i got the same feeling u got man. Im one of the biggest star wars fan. i just feel like it was a change from WoW. I did love WoW, but then it just started to get boring to me. IDK maybe im stupid or whatever and i will probably play WoW again sometime in the future, but for now this is a good change for alot of people. Who knows what the future has in-store for this game, we just have to wait and see

With all respect playing this game and watching the cutscenes I sorta am watching a movie---with my toon in it (pssst if Blizz ever do this I definately will be (and my wife) on board (don't think for a minute that Blizz are not paying attention to this type of gaming) Do you know hoooooow muuuuuuch I would like to see a cutscene/cutscenes voiced over class storyline where MY toon gets to give it BIG BIG BIG!!! TIME to assorted warcraft characters. I have already been re-imagining my warcraft exp with this in mind LOL (laughs sinisterly) Jaina Proudmore just sayin"

triple a budget but deliver a b rated movie

transformers cost 150 million just for reference

Hah! Imagine SW:TOR quality cutscenes in WoW! That'd be so awesome..

Ah, now that's a different thing. This is a well-known thing about MMOs. Here's the really sad, disappointing thing:-

YOU WILL NEVER, EVER, EVER GET THAT MAGICAL FEELING BACK AGAIN.

Yet you will keep chasing it. This is why MMO addiction does eventually become a sad affair.

We're all doing it, we're all chasing that initial sense of wonder we felt when we first "got" an MMO.

And I'll tell you something that's even more depressing than that. The fact that we're chasing that feeling is one of the reasons why MMOs have become more and more easy mode as time has gone on - more "dumbed down". There's a complex argument to this.

Check this classic Gamasutra article from Richard Bartle (of the Achiever/Explorer/PK-er/Socializer categorization fame).

It makes depressing reading, but the logic is pretty tight, and I'm sure you will recognize what he's saying from your own experience.

So you see that's part of what I'm saying about SWTOR: I think rather than going for "old hands" in the MMO market, BioWare's target audiecne is to bring new blood into the playerbase. Imagine what it would be like if SWTOR was your first MMO? You get typical good BioWare story fare, with great voice acting and excellent digital puppetry - then what's this, OTHER PEOPLE? You start grouping up, and you start to get the MMO buzz.

I think that's really what BW's gameplan has been all along.

Edited by gurugeorge

Swtor is like a vacation, wow is like home. home can be boring but it is well..... home

Agreed. When I get frustrated in SW:TOR or feeling that bland feeling, I just go heal some heroics, and I mean we all still raid in WoW 3 nights a week.. but some of us did create a guild in SW:TOR. It's just the common thought in my guild that it's just sort of a lackluster game..

Ah, now that's a different thing. This is a well-known thing about MMOs. Here's the really sad, disappointing thing:-

YOU WILL NEVER, EVER, EVER GET THAT MAGICAL FEELING BACK AGAIN.

Yet you will keep chasing it. This is why MMO addiction does eventually become a sad affair.

We're all doing it, we're all chasing that initial sense of wonder we felt when we first "got" an MMO.

And I'll tell you something that's even more depressing than that. The fact that we're chasing that feeling is one of the reasons why MMOs have become more and more easy mode as time has gone on - more "dumbed down". There's a complex argument to this.

Check this classic Gamasutra article from Richard Bartle (of the Achiever/Explorer/PK-er/Socializer categorization fame).

It makes depressing reading, but the logic is pretty tight, and I'm sure you will recognize what he's saying from your own experience.

I suppose you're right, it is like a drug addiction. You're chasing that.. first time feeling. Thank you for the link to the article, I will read it. I agree with you on what you're saying..

WoW's numbers are in the decline. Cata wasn't as well-received by the fans as the previous 2 expansions and Vanilla. That being said, it's still a monster in the industry.. and if a game is on the decline, and still has 10,000,000 paying subscribers and at least 2 more expansions in the bag.. I mean, what're we even talking about here? :D

well they were over 12 million at one point. in no way am I knocking what theyve accomplished. Just pointing out all things come to an end and blizzards reign is coming to an end. A sub total of that stature isnt going to take a rapid decline, but I do see swtor taking the title of highest subbed game 2 years from now and it will be around 5 million. WoW will still have a few million

I think the two BlizzDrones (as one of you labeled the group as), are here talking to each other because you refuse to reply to any real response made against you, and everything else you pick and choose parts to pay attention to because those parts are often not the point being made (as in, the many, many points that unravels your little charade)

Have fun talking to your mirror.