Please remove huttball

Lascero

I hate Hutball. Is it a design flaw or game mechanic issue? No. I simply despise it because it follows no credible story and I find it hard to believe a bunch of Jedi and Sith are going to waste their time playing sports rather than trying to save (or conquer) the galaxy.

Is it fun? It can be...occasionally. But when it's the only thing that ques up all day, I can understand why people hate it. But hate it for the right reason. Don't try to say there is some sort of flaw in the way it is played.

When (IF) they allow us to choose which Warzones we que up for, regardless of how many players say they enjoy Huttball, you're going to find out real fast that this particular Warzone will become a ghost town.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

You must be new or never played beta. Huttball is in place to accommodate all the players currently que'ing for warzones. For example, you have 24 Republic and 69 Empire, therefor you will have 3 separate wz's taking the 24 rep and another 24 imps. Now you have 45 imps that can't be place on wz due to no republic players currently on queue, so huttball happens for them instead of having them wait for a warzone to be available due to population imbalance.

This doesn't means that huttball won't happen for both factions, it's just that it will happen more frequently than any other wz as a buffer for longer queue's. It's been like this since early beta and explain many times as such on the beta forums. No one but BW/EA came up with this.

The amount of people playing kind of makes that moot. If it got to the point that queues were a big deal for the majority of servers, there was something wrong, or the game would have been on its way out. With prelaunch guilds being added, Bioware had PLENTY of power to determine server populations -- much more so than any other game. It was downright brilliant, actually, so this queue time buffering is redundant at this point with how well the game is doing.

If they want to keep it in, allow us to downvote a bloody warzone so we can have SOME degree of control over what we play without having to join, then leave warzones we don't want to play. ( I use one because the amount of warzones is currently small. As they add more, we should be able to downvote 2 or more, depending on how many they add )

Huttball is great. If you don't like it, just leave it until they implement the feature where you can choose which WZ to play (as announced in the latest pvp blog).

Oh thank god.

That´s the pint ... huttball is much more complicated then most bgs.. seemingly to much for some players. But instead of admiting that they are not good at it and tyring to improve they make whiney threads.

oh.. and I started playing mmo´s when UO was new so don´t give me that welcome crap

Besides some of you probaly just don´t get another thing..look up the meaning of PVP

for christ´s sake

Oh yeah, random direction bounce pads are GREAT pvp. High catwalks with LONG walks to get back to wherever you were is GREAT pvp. Short cooldown charges/AOE knockbacks/deathgrips make this warzone absolutely annoying to play.

Edited by Lascero

I almost want to reroll Emp. Not because I love huttball, but because I hate Alderaan. I'd gladly give up Voidstar (which I like) to never have to go there.

Republic got the short end of the stick when it comes to warzone queues if you ask me.

Force sprinting 30% of the way from iddle and straight through the fire while beeing immune to crowd control, THATS retarded and should be changed.

As a ballhandler you shouldnt be able to force leap, be pulled in by teammates OR force sprinting. carrying the ball should be a big disadvantage and shouldnt be able to be nullified by skills that makes some classes to prety much solo huttballs

Edited by SeloDaoC

The amount of people playing kind of makes that moot. If it got to the point that queues were a big deal for the majority of servers, there was something wrong, or the game would have been on its way out. With prelaunch guilds being added, Bioware had PLENTY of power to determine server populations -- much more so than any other game. It was downright brilliant, actually, so this queue time buffering is redundant at this point with how well the game is doing.

If they want to keep it in, allow us to downvote a bloody warzone so we can have SOME degree of control over what we play without having to join, then leave warzones we don't want to play. ( I use one because the amount of warzones is currently small. As they add more, we should be able to downvote 2 or more, depending on how many they add )

The amount of people on the server or the pre-launch guild move has absolutely nothing to do with this at all. Even if you have 5,000 exactly on each faction, this dose not means they will all queue for wz's. In my server, Empire players queue far more than Republic, thus Huttball happens a lot more often that any other wz. And I think i have only played 2 Huttball since EA against the republic the other 8234562384237648234745923487 pops were against my own faction, again, due to population imbalance queue'ing for them.

Imo huttball is the best designed bg out of the three by a long shot only thing that annoys me is how godlike inquisitors/consulars are.A team of a juggernaut/guardian carrier and the rest inquis/consulars is a very good team

I team with only shadows or assassins would own those, one stealther waiting on line, rest just force sprinting all over place while immune to cc

I hated Huttball for the first two weeks after launch. Hate it, dreaded seeing the Pit map on my load screen, thought it was a waste of PvP time.

This past week I've thoroughly enjoyed it... most of the time.

Why?

Because I realized it's not the same ol' PvP I'm used to, it's not the "go out and smash-face/dominate" PvP. The goal isn't to kill the opposing side, the goal is to score points. Sure you fight others, but should only do so to further your team's progress. Being on teams that know what they are doing, and I still suck as passing but I'm getting better, really helps. Once I changed my, kill kill kill, mindset I've found I enjoy it a lot more.

I no longer chase the opposing player who's running to the other end of the arena away from the ball just for a kill, when my team has the ball. I try to position myself ahead of the runner, I try to position myself ahead of the ball carrier when my team has it, I throw spot heals, try to knock people off the catwalks that are beating on the carrier. All the while fending off those players coming after me... so I do get some PvP in too.

On the flipside... Huttball sucks when you're on a team that is only out for kills and completely ignores the design of the warzone.

If all you want is whack'a'mole PvP where you just beat on each other... no, Huttball is not for you. Thankfully they are implementing the "choose your warzone" option soon.

The amount of people on the server or the pre-launch guild move has absolutely nothing to do with this at all. Even if you have 5,000 exactly on each faction, this dose not means they will all queue for wz's. In my server, Empire players queue far more than Republic, thus Huttball happens a lot more often that any other wz. And I think i have only played 2 Huttball since EA against the republic the other 8234562384237648234745923487 pops were against my own faction, again, due to population imbalance queue'ing for them.

You're calling a trend without data. Lets avoid that because its anecdotal.

The point was that BioWare had a large amount of power in population distribution to control the queue times and other things AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE by evenly spreading things out (and I think other things, such as surveys about what kind of guild you were, but I don't remember that). It also doesn't matter which side queues more often because of the size of the warzones. At present, general population ensures that warzones fill quickly. With each of them essentially on a timer, that ensures that no game stasis occurs. You have a high cycle of players requeueing, which keeps things flowing. People decide to leave, and people decide to start up.

The fact that Empire queues more or less than the republic is moot with all of the other factors that have gone into the design of the game. That's a pretty huge step, but Huttball still completely blows, and the fact that it may have been added to buffer queue bias is irrelevant.

You're calling a trend without data. Lets avoid that because its anecdotal.

The point was that BioWare had a large amount of power in population distribution to control the queue times and other things AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE by evenly spreading things out (and I think other things, such as surveys about what kind of guild you were, but I don't remember that). It also doesn't matter which side queues more often because of the size of the warzones. At present, general population ensures that warzones fill quickly. With each of them essentially on a timer, that ensures that no game stasis occurs. You have a high cycle of players requeueing, which keeps things flowing. People decide to leave, and people decide to start up.

The fact that Empire queues more or less than the republic is moot with all of the other factors that have gone into the design of the game. That's a pretty huge step, but Huttball still completely blows, and the fact that it may have been added to buffer queue bias is irrelevant.

I see you belong to the 75% of the population that refuse to learn, fine, stay that way and enjoy your hutball, because it's not going to change the facts. Things are not evenly spread out, there are population imbalances in servers and that mate is a fact, learn to deal with it.

I see you belong to the 75% of the population that refuse to learn, fine, stay that way and enjoy your hutball, because it's not going to change the facts. Things are not evenly spread out, there are population imbalances in servers and that mate is a fact, learn to deal with it.

How 'bout you learn me some of that population data you're hidin' then, cowboy?

ssshhhhh don't tell Lascero or you'll become a troll too.......

I didn't call you a troll, I simply asked you to provide evidence of these 'facts' you're claiming. Sadly, you crumbled under scrutiny despite having the opportunity to provide us with an enlightening conclusion.

Edited by Lascero

Then go ahead because huttball is there as a last resort due to population imbalance. If they take it out, you queue on Monday and get a pop on Saturday, good luck with that.

And the reason for them not implementing same faction pvp in the other warzones is ...?

I don't think counter means what you think it means.

Additionally, try playing a Smuggler.

Are you implying playing a smuggler makes it more difficult? Because if you are, any opinion you have on pvp at the moment is terribly invalid.