Getting tired of WAR WAR WAR :(

Elikal

I must admit, I still have a blast overall, but... I am getting tired with the SOOO stereotypical always same patterns. I played mostly duo with a friend who is Trooper, I am Jedi Knight. Ever since we left Coruscant, all the planets have ONE story. There is a superweapon gone wrong, retrieve it or it will spell doom for the galaxy. We both saw each others class quests, so by now (level 38) we have seen LEGIONS of doomsday superweapons. And we already have this running gag between us, when we approach a new NPC, he will say with guarantee "HELP, I am in deadly threat, I can't do anything but I have a PLAN"!

They are always in terrible, deadly need and they always have a plan.

And it's a bit like the joke of "boars, wolves and oh look MORE boars and wolves from LOTRO. I am sorry, but the quests, I mean what you have to do is ... soooooo dull and repetivive. We spent days in Balmorra, and I swear I had hacked into gazillions of turrets, shield generators and whatnots by the end. And Imps all over. So after days and days FINALLY getting away from Balmorra, we came to Quesh. And quess what? It's Imps dug all in ALL OVER, and, you can guess it, we had to reach more terminals to type in stuff. Same pattern all over again. ALL in dire need, ALL having a PLAN. And the best: they all say "we did a good job!".

WE? YOU did nothing, you sat there, farted in your pants and gave me 300 Credits and a trashy pair of boots!

And that is, sorry, exactly what I feared the most: when ALL is heroic, when there is no counter-point whatsoever, the feeling gets dull, meaningless. I am really beginnig to get closer to a breaking point where I just can't bear more warzones with deald threats no more. I mean, even in WoW after Cata, sure a lot was war between Ally and Horde. But there were also calmer zones were OTHER types of crysis existed. Why does it ALWAYS have to be Rep vs Imp? I mean, yes it's a war, I know. But there could be a planet between with SOME other crisis, SOME other design. And maybe PLEASE by the love of mother and child some funny, weird, cheerful quests. I dunno. Something blows in your face and dyes your hair pink for an hour. Or ANYTHING.

I know so many attacked me when I said, I want finish. Heroes don't fish, or so you said. But I say, to hell with that! I am really really getting fed up with being heroic and "SIR YES SIR I am the good Jedi/Trooper I help you all and for free!" all the time. There is nothing to cheer me up, nothing to balance the heroics. Maybe I am just tired from a long day of gaming... but I can't see ANY way this game has a longevity. How can more than a handful stay in this? How can NOT people play 1-2 class stories, say 1 time Imp 1 time Rep, and then go? Even the planetary content is always the same, so making Taris two times? Really?? And not everyone enjoys PVP or this space.

I enjoy the stories. But right now, I have so great doubts about the future of this game. It all is so... narrowed down towards heroic VO story and... NOTHING else. It's just strenous to play this a longer time. I really hope they work on that issue, and don't rely on just adding more of the same. I so tried to write in the last 2 years, hoping Bioware would listen and not make is so much only story + heroic alone, but alas, they did. *sigh* :(

Well then, perhaps you should try the Bounty Hunter class quest. There is the occasional, "Save the Empire" outside of the shared quests, but alot of the Bounty Hunter story is very selfish. You are a Bounty Hunter, not a subject of the Empire.

I do know what you mean by the repetitive "Oh no, the world is over!" style of quests, but at the same time, if I wanted a calm quest of a crisis pertaining to a shortage of food, then it will seem alot like the quests I make to the grocery store to get more food. I like my heroic quests in my video games, and my mundane quests in real life to be different.

Well then, perhaps you should try the Bounty Hunter class quest. There is the occasional, "Save the Empire" outside of the shared quests, but alot of the Bounty Hunter story is very selfish. You are a Bounty Hunter, not a subject of the Empire.

I do know what you mean by the repetitive "Oh no, the world is over!" style of quests, but at the same time, if I wanted a calm quest of a crisis pertaining to a shortage of food, then it will seem alot like the quests I make to the grocery store to get more food. I like my heroic quests in my video games, and my mundane quests in real life to be different.

This.

We are heros. We are going to be doing heroic things. And seeing as how the main focus of Star Wars is(and always will be) one faction vs another(usually Jedi vs Sith or X good faction vs Y evil faction)

One of the things that annoyed me about WoW was how there was always some other threat. Not enough emphasis on the war. I mean, I don't expect them to become like Warhammer 40k or something, but come on.

Edited by Oappo

My main is a trooper as well.I'm at the point of pushing the "snarky comment". LoL. [sic]Sith Lord: Oh so yoouurr the grunt that I keep hearing about doing half mediocre job. Me:Yeah well, why don't you give my blaster a try and see if it's mediocre.

That's not word for word, but yeah..it's hilariously over the top after awhile.

Yet another "help me,help me!" mission to be rot.

You are right, and everyone in this entire galaxy is completely inept, and can't even get themselves their own coffee let alone get themselves out of any kind of trouble.

What's even more funny, is that the writing is so weak, they don't even have the characters suggest that they will get involved too in any way. You have to completely bail them out always.

Just for once I would like one of these jerk hole npc's to say something that eludes to them contributing something to their own forsaken plight.

And they wonder why we spacebar.... Ugghhh

I also want to add that I get we are supposed to be the heroes, but it's starting to just feel like I'm in a bizarre universe of sheer idiocy, not that I'm a hero.

Edited by kalexkhan