Should star wars be 3 faction? droids playable?

lorienthyll

Hello everyone, i have ben a long fan of star wars. not like most veterans. im a bit young still. i played all games of star wars. even the most old. been a huge fan of movies. comics etc. and in this game for some reason i believe there sould be a 3 faction split.

also. more races, i would love to be a droid! the races have been designed. even droids have loads of weapons! and items.

this is not QQ, since i love the game. simply a sugestion

Factions: (neutral faction should be able to pick his own fate. working to one or the other or simply alone - ther should be a way to turn republic to neutral then neutral to imperial and vice versa)

Empire - Agent. (unique to empire)

- Sith warrior

- Sith inquisitor

- Imperial trooper (mirror of trooper) - lets be honest it should be.

Neutral - Bounty hunter

- Smugler

- (acording to canon there is the possibility for more classes)

Republic - jedi knigh

- jedi consular

- Trooper

- some unique to republic also

as for races, what i believe is that the equipement is already designd and the characters are already made. simply not playable. witch is very unconvenient.

also note that for droids happens the same. and some might argue a droid cant think or simply is programed. but for RP and also other reasons. in movie and canon, also in games. the droids are very independent (not matrix wipe out human race, but independant)

any thoughts for the future?

edit: i am not english. sorry for mistakes

Edited by lorienthyll

I think this is quite an interesting post, and Yes I do think that it COULD be possible, but it WONT Happen I'm afraid.

Bounty Hunters and Smugglers in theory Should be Neutral, and they basically are.

Races I think Bioware cut corners and were lazy, they just thought they should Color in humans in different colors.

I think this is quite an interesting post, and Yes I do think that it COULD be possible, but it WONT Happen I'm afraid.

Bounty Hunters and Smugglers in theory Should be Neutral, and they basically are.

Races I think Bioware cut corners and were lazy, they just thought they should Color in humans in different colors.

Just because they didn't choose your personal favorite races doesn't mean they were lazy.

Just because they didn't choose your personal favorite races doesn't mean they were lazy.

I dont really have any personal favorite Races, I choose human every time, except for Inquistor when I chose Sith Pureblood..

but come on.. Zabrak although its a pretty set in stone race, Is just a horn headed human... Mirialan is a green human... Miraluka is a blind human... The last 2 shouldn't be races imo, thats not enough variation for me.. If I want a character to look human I'll make a human, If I want to make a different race, I expect to have the option to chose something that when you look at it doesnt already look like a human of some sort. Theres so many races they could have done... Rautolan.. Togruta.. Del Kor.. etc others That dont just look directly like humans when you look at them. Thats my point. Some may feel differently but I know that some others agree.

Edited by Alohen

I dont really have any personal favorite Races, I choose human every time, except for Inquistor when I chose Sith Pureblood..

but come on.. Zabrak although its a pretty set in stone race, Is just a horn headed human... Mirialan is a green human... Miraluka is a blind human... The last 2 shouldn't be races imo, thats not enough variation for me.. If I want a character to look human I'll make a human, If I want to make a different race, I expect to have the option to chose something that when you look at it doesnt already look like a human of some sort. Theres so many races they could have done... Rautolan.. Togruta.. Del Kor.. etc others That dont just look directly like humans when you look at them. Thats my point. Some may feel differently but I know that some others agree.

i agree. we see many costumized races in the game.

i would LOOOOVE to play a JAWA!!

EDIT: althought they dnt have that many changes.. what i mean is that i wanted the choice to be able to pick sumething that is not a human with 5 features diferent

Edited by lorienthyll

i agree. we see many costumized races in the game.

i would LOOOOVE to play a JAWA!!

well I would too.. lol,

but my Point is, the races I listed that could have been put in, are close enough to fit in as a genre of humanoids, but not looking so close to a human as possible. Its like if you color a humans left side face in blue and say.. erm Hes... Awadwaian. Thats a new race. Its like come on.

well I would too.. lol,

but my Point is, the races I listed that could have been put in, are close enough to fit in as a genre of humanoids, but not looking so close to a human as possible. Its like if you color a humans left side face in blue and say.. erm Hes... Awadwaian. Thats a new race. Its like come on.

Agreed. BioWare was just lazy.

Agreed. BioWare was just lazy.

Exactly, they cut corners and magically 75% maybe more of the Player base just accepted different colored Humans. I dont mind since I'm fine with Human characters. Still I expected better.

is not that dificult after the first major patch with the bug fixes. a patch oming from god knows were with a new character screen and new playable races... i think is one of the best decisions they could make as star wars franchise provider.

afterall star wars is so much more then just an awesome story

3 factions is always the better option and it is sheer laziness/lack of funds/creativity to limit it to 2. With 2 factions you always get imbalance with one side dominating the other in pvp or pve. With a third faction to mix things up if one side gets stronger than the other 2 the two weaker factions can gang up and take the larger one down thus creating a continual state of flux of power. Instead we have a static system that can never grow or change. I remember my time in wow on the Stonemaul server (I miss you guys so much). I started out as horde and thought it was pretty cool. There was one guild that was able to raid and got sweet gear, their main tank (dave) got the first set of tier 1 gear and looked so ******.

Then a few years later I switched to alliance because my friends had joined and I saw just how one sided things were. There were tons of guilds that dominated pve and destroyed in pvp. As the game went on the imbalance grew and grew until there were almost no horde guilds that were able to acomplish anything while there was a massive glut of alliance guilds. Later I found a site that showed how many horde/alliance players were on each server. Aside from a small handful each server had a wild imbalance for one side or the other.

The same choice was made here of course, since this really is a wow clone with a star wars coat of paint (a bad one at that :/). The only MMO I know of that pulled it off correctly was the ill fated Planetside, the first large scale MMOFPS, unfortunately they were cursed to have been brought into the world by the bane of all things good, Sony, the maker of so many games I loved until they were crushed by the unfeeling monster. Sorry kind of went off on a tangent there but the point is, a 1v1 system almost never works yet keeps getting copied over and over because wow did it. And we all suffer for it.

agreed. i played also wow and i understand what you mean. i was in a server were horde dominated pvp and alliance crushed in Pve.

and i must say that simply sucks. while in dark age of chamelot a 3 faction pvp simply workd wonders.

(i dnt wish to make people join other games. just a opinion, since i brought all my friends here =P )

The clearly non humanoid races are quite rare even in star wars lore.

Except maybe in Kotor. In the movies, there are mostly humanoids.

The "blue (Chiss by the way) and green and red humans are lore. There is no reason to complain about them.

I can not imagine the work which would go into implementing races like Ithorians or other clearly non humanoids without adjusting ever animation and armor especially for them.

This has nothing to do with lazy. Please stop insulting the devs with this.

It is because of feasibility inside a reasonably frame of effort.

(Btw, i too would LOVE more races. Nautolans for example. There are a lot of humanoid races which would be relatively easy to implement. A few will come with the legacy system i expect, a few more with future addons.)

Edited by Hiramas

agreed. i played also wow and i understand what you mean. i was in a server were horde dominated pvp and alliance crushed in Pve.

and i must say that simply sucks. while in dark age of chamelot a 3 faction pvp simply workd wonders.

(i dnt wish to make people join other games. just a opinion, since i brought all my friends here =P )

Good point I forgot about DaoC, although I never got the chance to play it I have heard it was legendary with its ideas.

well. for the moment even if infact is hard to make new races. i do not understand why not allow for droids? as playable races

Because playing a Droid would be frankly impossible with the way stories are laid out.

Every class quest would have to be redesigned dramatically.

It's not an easy feat. Something that really had to have been added from ground-up, or in the future for expansion classes. (A droid class for example)

Edited by Haasth