• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hallo there gentlemen ,

i got a question regarding this guide.

Why is the rage specc superior is PvE dps aswell , when

the Vengeance specc offers dots and steady dmg when rage

is purely a burst specc?

For end game DPS, Vengeance or Rage could do the highest DPS... We dont have any way to clarify but i hear vengeance looks like it does the highest @ end game...

the OP suggests Rage for PVP leveling above level 40 :) PvE questing n shizz - vengeance

The OP says about rage after 40

This spec is the best spec right now for PVP, PVE above 41 for leveling and instances as dps.

Well where did you see only PvP in this sentence? I really want an answer as well to "Why rage after 40" please.

Respec'd to Rage almost a week ago after reading a lot of what Foxibunneh and Morsexy have had to say on the subject; after a slow start and on the whole my dmg not being that much higher overall than Vengeance I am really starting to get into the swing of things.

Also really enjoying the whole herp'a derpa smash aspect of it. Also offers decent lolz to my guild mates on ts seeing me charge in there and just smashing. Finding the build a lot better at protecting our healers in pvp than Vengeance was. Infact i spend most of my time in warzones doing so alowing the healer to focus on healing the tank/guy with the ball.

5k Medal is still a PITA to get but i sometimes do get it. 2 SS's of me getting 300k + dmg from, 2nd one we lost but both teams got to the datacore so i do not know how it decides who wins. First one My bastard of a mate and guildy GGblade aggro whore of the west stole all my thunder and excitement as that was the first time i broke 300k dmg:

http://files.enjin.com.s3.amazonaws.com/118786/modules/forum/attachments/Screenshot_2012-01-21_22_29_29_083090_1327358646.jpg

http://files.enjin.com.s3.amazonaws.com/118786/modules/forum/attachments/Screenshot_2012-01-23_22_01_02_546818_1327358657.jpg

Again big shout out to Morsexy and Foxibunneh for getting me to try rage again absolutely loving it

morsexy, iv been like you, heavy spec immortal for tanking until i took a closer look at the vengence tree.

i really dont get it, and i still dxont, but all you need it 14 pts in immortal, and rest in vengence and you have more damage and better migitation..... both for PVP and PvE.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#101dMG0uZhGr0rhdzMM.1

morsexy, Xanxari, and others great stuff here. Thanks. Might put some of this together base under the three forms of a sithwarrior.

GREAT INFO: THanks!!!

totally worth it , RAGE IS KING , HULK SMASH !!!

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k194/magickiller_2006/HULKSMASH.jpg

thank you so much for the guide now i can SMASH all my enemies :D

What was you final spec here? Can you link or are you using one already mentioned?

Total newbie question - can you clarify what you mean when you say 'roll your trinket?' I never played WoW so if that's a WoW reference that's probably why :p

Also, I feel my smash damage is lacking, I'm only level 41 and have kept my gear relatively up to date with power + surge as top priorities (sorry don't have exact numbers with me, at work right now, I can post them later tonight when I get back if needed). But last night at Hoth, there was a semi-back and forth with the other faction and there were two fights in particular that stood out, I was caught in a 1v4 (i was the first victim lol) and a 2v4 in the end (when we got split up). We won the 2v4 because the powertech with me was pretty ridiculous, but the 1v4 I feel like I could've done SO much better, I managed to smash 3 of them twice (last guy didnt show up until the end) but only dealt 2500 dmg tops. If I was doing 5k like you say you're doing, I couldve came close to beating more of them.

So I guess what I'm asking is, how can I boost my smash damage to the 5k-7k range like the rest of you? I realize I'm not 50 yet but still feels like it should be closer at lvl41 than 2-2.5k. So what am I missing? Does the 5k-7k even still apply to world PvP? I guess you would need more specifics on my power/surge boosts for this but maybe there's something wrong with my rotation? it generally goes:

Crush -> Charge -> Smash -> Scream -> Push -> Charge -> Choke -> Smash

* with a saber throw either before the first charge, or after the force push. And Enrage when needed. If they're kiting I throw in Obliterate early to get a speed boost to keep up.

Maybe I need to work in more sunder armor hits? I'm cybertech as well so I've crafted myself the best str/end mod with power (purple) that I can and added it to every piece of my gear, all the other mods I've kept updated with commendations. Appreciate any input, I'd really like to get my smash dmg up!

EDIT: Here's my power, surge and critical:

Power (155)

Surge(106)

Critical(106)

Guess I had higher crit than I thought. Is this the reason? Or is it simply my level?

Edited by Xtrema

At first, please excuse my bad english skills but the German section of this forum is awful...

I`m (37 Jugg) specced like this 5/3/20:

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#101cMZhZGbRrzdM.1

and I mostly want to do PVE. Atm I can easily tank FP´s and Leveling is easy.

Do you think this is viable or is it total crap from a PvE/DPS side? Is it still possible to tank with this specc in 50`s FP´s?

Greetings!

I see a lot of really good Rage rotations but what about Vengeance? Currently running a pure Vengeance build. Usually running PvE but starting to learn PVP with the Jugg. Primary character was a BH but my class quest line is bugged and I cant move past til Bioware fixes it....but then again i'm having so much fun with the Jugg I may not go back.

For jugg rage pvp I know that the main secondary stats are power and surge. But where do you get surge from? I've looked on mods and enhancements but can not find anything with surge. Just a bunch of crit rating with isn't that great when smash 100% crits with force leap and obliterate.

I was thinking something like this for an immortal vengeance hybrid PvP, mainly ball carrying spec. You get the unstoppable from vengeance and you get the extra stun in Back hand and non channeled choke a ***** (force grip) as well as some extra defensive CDs and shield chances from the immortal tree. Of course, everything is interchangeable, but the main thing is getting force grip and backhand + unstoppable

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#101crRfzrrkzZhRrMM.1

Since level 50 brackets, do you still pull the same crit numbers since you are now dealing with loads of people in pvp armor?

In your video you were dropping bombs on people under level 50. The highest crit I've gotten on Smash so far was barely over 4k.

My method for attacking has been: Saber Throw -> Force Charge -> Chilling Scream -> Smash -> Force Scream.

I can't replicate your damage numbers in the video but I'm getting 150k dmg in wz's which is far better than I was as Immortal spec or Vengence spec.

I've grown disappointed with the numbers, so I went back to Sorseu form to keep guard on others (I hate stance dancing) and I still get around 125k dmg in wz's while grabbing more medals for my protection numbers.

Any new ideas?

Edited by Calipso

Since level 50 brackets, do you still pull the same crit numbers since you are now dealing with loads of people in pvp armor?

In your video you were dropping bombs on people under level 50. The highest crit I've gotten on Smash so far was barely over 4k.

My method for attacking has been: Saber Throw -> Force Charge -> Chilling Scream -> Smash -> Force Scream.

I can't replicate your damage numbers in the video but I'm getting 150k dmg in wz's which is far better than I was as Immortal spec or Vengence spec.

I've grown disappointed with the numbers, so I went back to Sorseu form to keep guard on others (I hate stance dancing) and I still get around 125k dmg in wz's while grabbing more medals for my protection numbers.

Any new ideas?

I'm at 78% on my new video. It has commentary, duels, open world pvp, some 1v1 up to 2v3. I think in the video I have several 6500 + smashes on people in PVP gear and one 7k (might have been a new 50).

Should be done by tonight!

Really surprised that you don't even mention Rage for leveling...

I've tried all the spec's as much as I can at 31, and Rage, hands down, has me leveling waaay faster now that I have 2 points in Dominate and 2 points in Shockwave... even with just Force Choke to give me the shockwave buff, groups of mobs die soooo much faster with me dpsing and quinn healing, then if I was immortal and tanking with vette killing...

Easily hitting a group of same level mobs for 1.5k aoe dmg over and over again means I leave most fights, even with a gold at 2/3's health or more...

I really don't know why people would level in any other spec...