Kids = Republic, Adults = Empire?

MrBimo

I love this quote

Thank, but from what I have seen in my 7 years of playing wow, and my brief time here the evil side may better at PVP but they are far from adults mentally. Cussing every other words, misspelling the simplest words, ragging, trolling etc. Sure you may physically be an adult but mentally you are still a kid. Republic side is opposite. I have about 6 lvl 16(because I still can not decided) and I have notice on my server Republic is more mature. Sure some of those players may physically be kids, but mentally they are more mature than some of the "adults" I have run into empire side.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank, but from what I have seen in my 7 years of playing wow, and my brief time here the evil side may better at PVP but they are far from adults mentally. Cussing every other words, misspelling the simplest words, ragging, trolling etc. Sure you may physically be an adult but mentally you are still a kid. Republic side is opposite. I have about 6 lvl 16(because I still can not decided) and I have notice on my server Republic is more mature. Sure some of those players may physically be kids, but mentally they are more mature than some of the "adults" I have run into empire side.

But that may be baised on what you see, for example, on both occaisions on making a republic and empire ive been raged at, or called something derogatory. Maybe there are kids, or adults behaving like kids on both :/

You know the story if you play WoW, if you dont, i'll fill you in.

The Speculation of the Bad guys Horde, Empire etc, are mainly played by Adults. And Kids being the Opposite. Some say its one of the main reasons the Empire mostly win in pvp. But i just thought, any age play what ever speaks to their personality or likes, whatever that means.

But this statement from my mate made me laugh because he transfered to the Republic, and he complains about loosing all the time on the republic side pvp. Anyway he said this "The only Reason the empire win all the time is because most of the empire players are kids and they just speed level up to 50 and not taking an intrest in the story!" I just sat back and said, "Bull$!$%, if i was to say anything it would be the republic side who have the most Kids on their side, thats why you cant win, but i know some 25 year old on the republic side, because they wanted to be a Trooper, and i know another one on the Empire. Dude, people just play who they want to. Oh, but being on the republic will mean you will loose loads mate! FACT"

My point being, is it the same as World of Warcraft where MOST adults go towards the evil path, or in the old republic's case is it that the adults go towards the Lighter side? Or is it a balanced mix of the two?

Just your opinion, i know its just silly opinion thread, but i think it would be interesting to discuss everyone elses point of views.

The WoW theory that there is any age difference between factions was debunked in 2005.

People with poor self-image may choose a "monstrous" avatar as an unconscious reflection of their own repressed self-loathing. It doesn't mean they're kids, just ... human. :D

Personally, I repress my self-loathing by consciously choosing a goody-goody jedi and making fun of him while I level.

I'd like to point out that all the nonsense you hear about Horde being more mature is just that: nonsense. I have characters on both sides and the differences are minimal. I'd bet almost anything that the same is true for this game.

It is now because it's post BC. Before the blood elves hit the horde pop was heavily below ally as a result only 'serious' player rolled horde while ally had everyone under the sun. Elves were pretty much added to horde to rectify this.

This is also why it's not comparable; the empire doesn't only have 'ugly' races and they have a higher overall pop meaning the situation is nothing alike.

Empire appeals primarily with an age bracket that's more likely to be experienced gamers.

18-30 year old males who have played games on the reg find the whole bad guy thing cooler.

This does not mean the population set is only this demographic, but it's a significant enough percentage to garuntee the majority of pub on pub match ups in pvp battlegrounds for example.

As for maturity and all that, I think that's all subjective but you can probably expect more usage of nerd memes on empire based on the above supposition.

Edited by kalexkhan

Empire appeals primarily with an age bracket that's more likely to be experienced gamers.

18-30 year old males who have played games on the reg find the whole bad guy thing cooler.

I can also agree with this statement

You know the story if you play WoW, if you dont, i'll fill you in.

The Speculation of the Bad guys Horde, Empire etc, are mainly played by Adults. And Kids being the Opposite. Some say its one of the main reasons the Empire mostly win in pvp. But i just thought, any age play what ever speaks to their personality or likes, whatever that means.

I thought in wow all the kiddies played horde, at least from my experience of horde general chat its mostly 12yearolds who find /anal jokes amusing.

And in swtor all the 13year old angst ridden emos went sith...Whereas the more mature audience who appreciate the orignal trilogy over the newer one, went jedi.

Of course, any generalisation on this subject is just ********.

I agree with the guy who suggested there's a "mid-range" demographic that prefers to play the "bad guys", that tends to be from the mid-teens to mid-twenties, and that people both older and younger are more inclined to play the "good guys".

I can only speak for two people though, aged 29 and 36, both playing Republic.

I thought in wow all the kiddies played horde, at least from my experience of horde general chat its mostly 12yearolds who find /anal jokes amusing.

And in swtor all the 13year old angst ridden emos went sith...Whereas the more mature audience who appreciate the orignal trilogy over the newer one, went jedi.

Of course, any generalisation on this subject is just ********.

But the Prequel trillogy had more about the Jedi the original, where the original actually had the empire init, which where they got alot of their british stereotyping being bad guys from.

I do not think it has as much to do with age as evil characters are more fun to play. Human beings are drawn to violence. Evil characters are cool. Why do you think humans have been killing each other since we leanred how to make a knife out of bone?

Common sense goes a long way ^^

Edited by Aisar

Lmfao, this has to be the biggest load of BS I have ever read

Are you serious?

Are there people out there who actually think this?

I tell you what, when people rofl stomp the opposite faction in any game, what happens is the losing side act like a bunch of kids because they have lost. It has nothing to do with their RL age what so ever.

Majority of adults don't play Empire, if anything it would be the opposite, as the the kids have grown up they would realise their dilemmas and take the moral high ground.

Thanks for the laugh, who ever came up with the original assessment in wow was clearly someone who had been in a pre made and Rolf stomped a group who was vocal about losing.

I can't belive the forum has degenerated to this kind on nonsense.

Oh and thanks for making me have to reply!

Edited by Elgarr

Majority of adults don't play Empire, if anything it would be the opposite, as the the kids have grown up they would realise their dilemmas and take the moral high ground.

There is no evidence to suggest this is the case in fact most studies suggest the majority of people follow rules not for the sake of order but rather fear of societal repercussions. If you think about what a sith is for a second you can see why it is so tempting, imagine if you had amazing force powers would you never abuse them? would you never use them for self gain? I imagine the vast majority (myself included would). The draw of the darkside is being able to express how you really feel without having to worry it's quick it's easy and it's power.

Conversely the jedi I restrained and repressed It's hard and a lot of people see that as boring (again myself included).