Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Gamespot gives you an 8

Crogga

game-spot are..."encouraged" to give good scores to some company's. One guy was sacked couple years ago for admitting that gamespot was paid to give some company's title a 10 score....

I ignore anything they say these days.

And you're talking about Jeff Gerstmann. He was canned for giving a game a bad review when ironically it was one of their sponsers at the time. Point being, Gamespot went downhill when Rich Gallop left.

Edited by DarthBlackwood

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

so on metacritic it says there are 23 critic review all of which are deemed positive.

so all the critics are wrong or paid eh haters? lol

trolls must be foaming at the mouth at how great the reception is this game is getting. so fun

well Swtor has alot of stuff they need to improve if they want the game to last any reasnoable amount of time...as it feels now I am giving this game until the end of january to see if I want to continue playing.

My Concerns so far:

1. Ability delay ---- as has been said in many threads already this is gamebreaking and must be fixed asap.

2. horrible pvp loot system, the RNG system need to be changed.

3. game needs a dungeon finder quite badly imo. spamming chat for hours looking for players is not fun and adding a dungeon finder will not destroy the community like some say...

4. quests lacking variety...they are all pretty much the same thing. (hard to change now but for future quests etc)

5. loading times....it way annoying going through mutliple loading screens to get from one planet to another. just make the ship land instantly.

Ability delay they are addressing as top priority.

Loot system needs work.

Dungeon finders aren't great for building communities, tough to make friends with folks if they're on another server, can't exactly do anything else with them. In game server LFD I wouldn't be too irritated with.

Quests are pretty much the same in every MMO and every single player RPG that's out of the main story line. What kind of quests are you looking for? I agree better quests are always good but you need to describe what you're looking for.

I think the gladiator arena in KOTOR was awesome and that would be really cool as some extra quests, swoop bike racing is definitely needed that would be awesome loved it in KOTOR. What ideas do you have?

And you're talking about Jeff Gerstmann. He was canned for giving a game a bad review when ironically it was one of their sponsers at the time. Point being, Gamespot went downhill when Rich Gallop left.

I usually value their reviews with pc games. They seem to take their time and have points that I agree with. I have never seen a 10 review for PC games there- don't think it exists.

9.8 I think is the highest ever given and that was for Diablo in the late 90s.

In this case, i think it's a little low. I would say 8.5-.8.7. But that really wasn't the point of my post. It's the specific issues that the reviewer has with the game which myself and others have mentioned as well. Issues that seem to be making the game less enjoyable than it can be. Hopefully it will provide some 'ammo' to the argument since I'm basically a nobody lol.

So yeah I have an agenda- not to be a doomsayer or do the opposite to hype the game but simply to push for some needed changes. That's really all /shrug. Probably won't happen though lol.

This game is above avg so by a real rating it should be 6.5ish. Going with an editor rating that would mean at least a 9.

so on metacritic it says there are 23 critic review all of which are deemed positive.

so all the critics are wrong or paid eh haters? lol

trolls must be foaming at the mouth at how great the reception is this game is getting. so fun

warhammer critic ratings...

Edited by Pyrolight

well Swtor has alot of stuff they need to improve if they want the game to last any reasnoable amount of time...as it feels now I am giving this game until the end of january to see if I want to continue playing.

My Concerns so far:

1. Ability delay ---- as has been said in many threads already this is gamebreaking and must be fixed asap.

2. horrible pvp loot system, the RNG system need to be changed.

Thankfully, #1 is a top priority for fixing and #2 is already fixed in the 1.1 patch that's on the test server. I hope that they'll fix the PvE loot bags in the same manner!

3. game needs a dungeon finder quite badly imo. spamming chat for hours looking for players is not fun and adding a dungeon finder will not destroy the community like some say...

4. quests lacking variety...they are all pretty much the same thing. (hard to change now but for future quests etc)

5. loading times....it way annoying going through mutliple loading screens to get from one planet to another. just make the ship land instantly.

I agree with all of these points.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.