([ NEW CONTENT ]) Reverse Wield Lightsabers!

Advanced_Decoy

Before we do that I want left handed jedi/sith! it really annoys me that I have to hold the lightsaber right handed when in the lore the average sith was left handed.

I know how you feel. I was disappointed as well. I wanted to add having changeable primary hands, but for this thread I wanted to focus on reverse-grip.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well for the guardian and juggernaut it doesnt make sence based on the forms of lightsaber combat they use.

Schii-Sho, Soresu and not even SHIEN uses the reverse hilt, remember that "shien" here is the FORM V (which i think should have been called DJEM SO instead, which is clearly based off Anakin, as the guardian/jugg, are based on Obi-wan/Anakin), Not the Form IX.

So by the lore it doesnt make any sence.

Shien is part of Form V... Shien and Djem So are Form V.

By the way, wth is Form IX??? There's are no eighth or ninth forms.

As for the subject of an entire set of combat animations revolving around reverse-grip 'saber wielding... This is just yet another in a long, long line of threads on the subject, dating back beyond the game's release.

There are already reverse-grip animations for certain attacks, typically as part of a series of attacks like the Consular's basic attack. It finishes with a reverse-grip slash.

Honestly though, a total reverse-grip "combat style" would look retarded, and would be a pointless waste of resources better spent on other things. Probably explains why it's not in the game at this stage. Would look ridiculous and a waste of resources.

true but there are light great blades, long handled light sabers, light foils, light whips , cross guard sabers ...etc

I was thinking maybe the light-épée as a separate fighting style. There's an example here:

http://www.takehimwithyou.com/images/fencing.jpg

This would only be available to Light side characters since it's a more honorable form of fighting.

The most notable user of this Shien form is Galen Marek, Aka Star Killer. Although it has been seen in other incarnations and in books before.

From Wookiepedia

"Marek was also highly skilled in the use of Shien, heavily favoring the unorthodox reversed grip of the form. He practiced a variant of the style known as "Sith Shien", a fighting method that relied on sudden and rapid attacks to bring down an opponent quickly."

Im all for any customization choices in game, the more the better... I would likely use the form on my Mara.

[supporters]

Please don't. I am not saying this to be rude but to be kind; nothing good will come out of this. Either this thread will soon die or you're only going to damage your health if you are going to insist on writing down every people that support this idea because it will, not to be rude but to be realistic, not lead anywhere.

It's only for your own benefit when I say that you should focus on something else.

PS: I only saw the word "whip" on page 7, does this mean someone has mentioned how awesomely awesome it would be to have a friggin' light-whip? Final Fantasy 8 Quistis-style, except, with a laser whip.

Edited by Zirithil

In point of fact, holding your weapon in the reverse grip is for scrubs. I know we all watched ninja movies and they looked all ****** doing it, but it sucks. For real. Don't believe me? Go swing a bat at a baseball while holding it in reverse grip. Hell, do it off a t-ball stand. I bet you it doesn't go half as far.

Yes, I know this is a video game. Yes, I know it would look cool. I am not totally against it, but just wanted to throw it out there.

there are bladed weapons that are used reverse grip, for example

but that is not important,

in star wars it is cannon that some users fight in this style this makes it a legit request no matter how small a request or unlikely that it will get implemented.

Edited by jimthegray