([ NEW CONTENT ]) Reverse Wield Lightsabers!

Advanced_Decoy

Not that I disagree that this would be cool, but this is not a simple undertaking. This is expansion-like material.

1) adding another class means a overhaul of the planets, orbital stations, hell, even the fleets. It also means writing and another story, which is quite a doozy because of voice acting, and refactoring class balance, and then inter-class animations. Do we really need this right now with the state the game is in?

2) Total Melee-hate, as well.

If something like this is going to come, wait for and expansion down the line.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not that I disagree that this would be cool, but this is not a simple undertaking. This is expansion-like material.

1) adding another class means a overhaul of the planets, orbital stations, hell, even the fleets. It also means writing and another story, which is quite a doozy because of voice acting, and refactoring class balance, and then inter-class animations. Do we really need this right now with the state the game is in?

2) Total Melee-hate, as well.

If something like this is going to come, wait for and expansion down the line.

I do agree with you that it is too early for such a thing to be entered into the game. However I am throwing the idea out there early so it can be taken into proper consideration, rather than throwing it out there later when they have already had their minds set on an expansion.

Also, I feel for you with the idea of throwing up another melee class. But in my defense: Its

Star Wars, what did u expect? Also, I don't have any ideas for ranged combat :(

I have a good reason why this won't happen anytime soon. That reason is animations. They would have to redo all of them for the people who wanted reverse grip light sabers. Not just with one hand either, but what if both were reversed, or the left instead of the right? Too much of a hassle without a good payoff.

Would be cool though, but it probably won't happen since those moves are choreographed.

I want the ability to fold space with light sabers that are so bright that they are capable of giving anyone who dare to stare at them a siezure.

a few of the jedi in particular asoka fight this way I think it has a very escrima look to it

Edited by jimthegray

I have a good reason why this won't happen anytime soon. That reason is animations. They would have to redo all of them for the people who wanted reverse grip light sabers. Not just with one hand either, but what if both were reversed, or the left instead of the right? Too much of a hassle without a good payoff.

Would be cool though, but it probably won't happen since those moves are choreographed.

Like i mentioned before, I'm throwing the idea out early to let the developers put it into good consideration. I understand how much of a hassle it would be if implemented in at this phase of the game.

I believe there was another video game that had Jedi who used reverse-grip fighting style.

Not to mention Ahsoka Tano from the Clone Wars series also used reverse-grip

Force Unleashed and Force Unleashed II are the games you're thinking off.

Those games and the Clone Wars cartoons are a travesty and a blight on the whole Star Wars IP.

Adding a new class so early after launch just for this is rather pointless. Would be an amazing content patch feature if it was only for certain hilts, or (f.ex.) a aggressive Jedi Knight/Sith Warrior DPS stance.

There are many ways to implement it, and I'm sure it's come up among the content creators. ;)

Those games and the Clone Wars cartoons are a travesty and a blight on the whole Star Wars IP.

clone wars is better then 99% of the other starwars stuff out there. only the original trinity and the bioware stuff is overall better

its also wonderfully violent and is often not black in white to the choices obi and the rest make

as well as arguing a lot of things about the universe, in particular the clone based eps

Edited by jimthegray

I remember seeing a friend play a game where he was fighting NPC enemies using reverse-grip. I dont know if it was a Force Unleashed game or not.

Also, I wont get into an argument about anything produced with the Star Wars name being a travesty, I note it all as being a part of the Star Wars Timeline. I'm sorry you feel that way.

clone wars is better then 99% of the other starwars stuff out there. only the original trinity and the bioware stuff is overall better

its also wonderfully violent and is often not black in white to the choices obi and the rest make

as well as arguing a lot of things about the universe, in particular the clone based eps

I agree with this...the books are a joke written to capitalize on the Star Wars franchise, there is so much nonsense and outlandish garbage in them that totally robs Star Wars of its integrity and turns it into some half assed soap opera that it makes my stomach turn.

Edited by Cancrizans

Well for the guardian and juggernaut it doesnt make sence based on the forms of lightsaber combat they use.

Schii-Sho, Soresu and not even SHIEN uses the reverse hilt, remember that "shien" here is the FORM V (which i think should have been called DJEM SO instead, which is clearly based off Anakin, as the guardian/jugg, are based on Obi-wan/Anakin), Not the Form IX.

So by the lore it doesnt make any sence.

May as make a star killer class. A Class that uses light or medium armor. Can wield one or two sabers. And has all the Warrior moves and skillets plus all the inquisitors lightening and telekinetic stuff.

Can warrior skillets cook bacon and eggs faster than ordinary skillets? And do they use the force to fry that shiz up or conventional heating methods? ;)

Well for the guardian and juggernaut it doesnt make sence based on the forms of lightsaber combat they use.

Schii-Sho, Soresu and not even SHIEN uses the reverse hilt, remember that "shien" here is the FORM V (which i think should have been called DJEM SO instead, which is clearly based off Anakin, as the guardian/jugg, are based on Obi-wan/Anakin), Not the Form IX.

So by the lore it doesnt make any sence.

That is very true. My personal opinion goes with adding a new class.

Should only be an option for sorcerers/sage. A lightsaber mode which is beneficial for ranged. We only see Starkiller using it, and he is like a sage/sorcerer, yes. He hardly ever used the lightsaber in combat.

ahsoka and ventris are more maurader's then anything else

Edited by jimthegray