([ NEW CONTENT ]) Reverse Wield Lightsabers!

Advanced_Decoy

Throughout Star Wars history you see Lightsabers being held in a reverse manner, i.e. the hilt being held so the blade comes out along the forearm. I think this option should be implemented into the game mostly because it will increase character customization.

Now, the way I look at it there are a few ways this can be accomplished.

1. Add the option in the preference menu to reverse wield a single-blade lightsaber in your right hand, right and left hand, or left hand.

2. Add the ability to craft and/or buy reverse-grip hilts that can be attached to single-blade Lightsabers. In a way it would work similar to color crystals and their alignment requirements, but instead it would be a weapon type requirement because you cant wield a double-blade Lightsaber reversely.

3. Add reverse-grip Lightsabers to specialty shops, pvp shops, commendation shops, or better yet, to the VIP shop (because its lacking in exclusive items).

4. Add a whole new class specifically made for the fighting style of reverse-grip Lightsabers. Give them the ability to just hold normal Lightsabers reversely, or add the reverse-grip Lightsaber specifically for that class. I would imagine them to be very agile and use Light armor, be centered around high damage melee combat with little to no force abilities. Alternatively, an individual that isn't force sensitive and makes up for that fact with fast and powerful melee skills. I can see their class going 2 ways for advance classes, one being strait up damage with no defensive skills, and another with a focus on parry, deflection, and evasion.

*5. Add a new fighting style to existing single-blade lightsaber users that allows them to switch to a reverse-grip fighting style, giving them enhanced melee combat abilities.

*5.1. Only Sorcerer/Sage should use this fighting style.

*6. As a Legacy Unlockable.

Let me hear your support, or any other ideas you think would be good to add to this :D

Thanks for reading!

[edit] In no way do i expect this to happen soon, if it were to even happen. I am merely tossing the idea into the air early enough for developers to take this into proper consideration before they begin work on an expansion.

Edited by Advanced_Decoy

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While it would be cool, it would only really be an option for duel wielders and a whole new set of animation and graphics would have to be implemented.

At this point of the game I think they should work on fixes and issues that have an effect on all players, not eye candy for 1 republic and 1 empire class.

While it would be cool, it would only really be an option for duel wielders and a whole new set of animation and graphics would have to be implemented.

At this point of the game I think they should work on fixes and issues that have an effect on all players, not eye candy for 1 republic and 1 empire class.

I would have to agree with them focusing on fixing issues, however this is just a thought for a future update. Also, it can be for anyone who uses single-bladed Lightsabers, such as the knight/warrior and the sorcerer/sage. Don't forget that the addition of a new class could be a possible option as well.

Edited by Advanced_Decoy

Honestly this would be better suited as a lightsaber combat form. How that would work into current play don't know. But I'm pretty sure since this would require re doing ALL the combat animations for lightsabers one handed and two handed combat it would not be something the devs would do just for style.

Honestly this would be better suited as a lightsaber combat form. How that would work into current play don't know. But I'm pretty sure since this would require re doing ALL the combat animations for lightsabers one handed and two handed combat it would not be something the devs would do just for style.

That is not a bad idea.

*added to suggestions