11 days of game time then farewell

DarthPeterNorth

I love the game. I just can't stand the loading times for Alderaan, Tatooine and even the Imperial Fleet. I can run other MMORPG with superior graphics without loadings (FF14, Age of Conan).

Hopefully this will be addressed but as an ex-Everquest 2 player i think that the problem will never be addressed since its in the game core engine. Or maybe in some months ill save to buy a i7 2600 with a geforce 590gtx.

No you can't have my stuff, i can return to the game in a while. Have fun guys.

Your loading times are in direct correlation to your system specs. It only takes me 15 sec to zone into Alderaan. You're blaming the game from a problem you have.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the only game with such loading times. I haven't had this long of load times since 1999 Everquest. Sometimes it takes 7 secs other times I can go to bathroom and make a cup of coffee and get back before it finishes loading.

Its an obvious game problem there is no need for the Fanboy defense force in this thread.

This is the only game with such loading times. I haven't had this long of load times since 1999 Everquest. Sometimes it takes 7 secs other times I can go to bathroom and make a cup of coffee and get back before it finishes loading.

Its an obvious game problem there is no need for the Fanboy defense force in this thread.

Quit relying on outdated technology like 1TB HDD's, and your loading times will decrease dramatically.

Dunno why so many people play wow then, unless doing the same 5 bosses for rng loot counts as an endgame

Win

Go back to afking in SW and running Dragon Soul once a week for your loot.... sounds like a good time lol.

You could go do some world pvp I guess...... oh wait...

/thread

Edited by Barracudastr

I love the game. I just can't stand the loading times for Alderaan, Tatooine and even the Imperial Fleet. I can run other MMORPG with superior graphics without loadings (FF14, Age of Conan).

Hopefully this will be addressed but as an ex-Everquest 2 player i think that the problem will never be addressed since its in the game core engine. Or maybe in some months ill save to buy a i7 2600 with a geforce 590gtx.

It's ok you can keep your green tier gear. My load times aren't the best myself but then I spend 1-2 hours in the zone I just spent an entire 15 seconds loading... Thankfully for me I have a better perspective on time and will not be unsubbing from a game I enjoy before I even pay for a single subscription.

Edit: Most of my load times are 5-10 seconds, sometimes I get a longer one though. woopdeedoo

Edited by Zerothreat

If it were a game problem, and had nothing to do with specs, everyone would have the same problem.

I've never waited longer than ~30seconds to load into Tatooine or Alderaan.

Core i7 2600k

GTX 570

8GB Ram

1TB HD (not SSD)

As other have said, clean up your comp, reduce startup programs, and stop blaming the game for your system's performance.

yes 11 days left and im gone to, mostly cause i dont pay to play a BETA.

will come back once the major "gamebreaking" issues are adressed.

but for now cya in a galaxy far far away ....:p

Havnt experienced one bug or issue on my end. My wife hasnt either so I dont know what your talking about *shrug*. Id rather play this, that keeps me logging in everyday (Currently level 36) then go back to world of warcraft that kept me logging in twice a week for three hours a night just to raid and thats it.

Cire I7 2600k (Not overclocked yet, still need a CPU cooler)

Western Digital Velociraptor 10,000 RPM 150GB hard drive. (Yes, this is the ONLY hdd I have. I dont need any more space then that to have SWTOR, and battlefield 3 on it. I have 80GB free still with those gamess, my messangers, and windows 7.)

EVGA P67 FTW Motherboard

EVGA Superclocked GTX 560 (Non TI)

8 GB DDR3 G.Skill ram

Coolermaster Gold Edition 1000W PSU

Coolermaster HAF X Blue Edition

Im having 10-15 second load times after a 2-3 hour questing run which isnt an issue. My rig runs battlefield 3 on Ultra and the leveles take 30 seconds to load and then another 30 seconds to start so Ill take the 10-15 second load time in SWTOR over the total wait time of each battlefield 3 level of 1 whole minute.

Edited by Darth_Grissom

Worst game i`ve ever played never have i hated a gaming experience as much as SWTOR with all the lies hype fake reviews Bioware moles in the forums pretending to be fanboys.

I was bored within 5 minutes and that never went away.

In the end the game is a lemon...

And your on the forums why?

I think the ridiculousness of the complainers need for validation and agreement from other players is matched in ridiculousness by the need of fans of the game to fight to give credit to Bioware because they(including me) don't want to begin to accept that there may be flaws with a game that they've spent money and time on.

:)

Unsubscribing because of loading screens is the most pathetic excuse I've seen to this date... I love visiting these forums once in a while to laugh at the trolling attempts.

Now back to my SWTOR addiction!

Especially 15 to 20 sec loading screens. Oddly enough, around the same time you find in other games. Like WoW etc. :) But oh well.

I think the ridiculousness of the complainers need for validation and agreement from other players is matched in ridiculousness by the need of fans of the game to fight to give credit to Bioware because they(including me) don't want to begin to accept that there may be flaws with a game that they've spent money and time on.

Or you simply acknowledge the game has flaws, as all games do, and consider them as surmountable. Skyrim had ton of issues and was a runaway succes anyway.

Especially 15 to 20 sec loading screens. Oddly enough, around the same time you find in other games. Like WoW etc. :) But oh well.

I have a ssd and I get 15-20+ sec loading screens. My PC loads BF3 maps in less than 10. That's pretty unacceptable, considering BF makes star wars look like an 8-bit game in comparison. I've never owned WoW, but when I played the demo I didn't encounter a loading screen longer than 12 seconds. The issue is not the user's hardware, it's the software.

I do not intend to pay a subscription for something that is not running near 100%. I paid for the game, because I know eventually it will be great. Until then though, I'm not paying.

That being said, i WANT BW to fix this game because I WANT to play it. I love the star wars genre and I want the game to succeed. I'm not trying to be a nay-sayer, I'm just trying to point out that it is an issue. BW has even already acknowledged that it is being looked at. Don't deny that it isn't a problem.

EDIT: Loading screens are NOT the sole reason I am not subbing yet... haha

Edited by YarNine

Of course there are flaws in the game, many significant and none game breaking... and anyone with just a little common sense knew it wasn't going to be perfect at launch, no mmo ever has been. If you don't have the patience, don't buy and mmo at launch. The sheer volume on whining on these forums is absurd.

Why do you have to wait 11 days? if you have already made up you mind, why not just go?