no nerfs required

douglaslives

There are alot of sorcs, because it is a really fun class with alot of versatility, smugglers come out of stealth and kill targets in seconds with huge crits yet all I hear is sorcerers are op.

I think some Jedi classes are op too, and rocks are harder to see than lightning, so no one says a word about the rocks.

We need to stop trying to get our enemies nerfed and instead learn how to play against them and use the abilities we have to stop their attacks. The classes are fine atm people want this to be a 2 botton game like wow was, they need to learn thier classes and stop crying all the time.

Interrupt the sorc's , cc them , smash them up close...there you go i just taught you how to stop them, try combining your spells so you maximize your damage and cc ability. I know how to stop smugglers when they come out of stealth, its just hard to do. I do not want them nerfed because they make me a better player and once i get them dialed i will be able to own them.

Thats called gaming, thats called getting better by overcoming obstacles, dont cry for a nerf cause you are too lazy to try and get better.

Everytime I loose to someone and think "OP", I calm down and take it as a leason learned and rethink all the mistakes I did (from skills to positioning). I do not want any class nerfed.

This. That's a good approach.

There are alot of sorcs, because it is a really fun class with alot of versatility, smugglers come out of stealth and kill targets in seconds with huge crits yet all I hear is sorcerers are op.

I think some Jedi classes are op too, and rocks are harder to see than lightning, so no one says a word about the rocks.

We need to stop trying to get our enemies nerfed and instead learn how to play against them and use the abilities we have to stop their attacks. The classes are fine atm people want this to be a 2 botton game like wow was, they need to learn thier classes and stop crying all the time.

Interrupt the sorc's , cc them , smash them up close...there you go i just taught you how to stop them, try combining your spells so you maximize your damage and cc ability. I know how to stop smugglers when they come out of stealth, its just hard to do. I do not want them nerfed because they make me a better player and once i get them dialed i will be able to own them.

Thats called gaming, thats called getting better by overcoming obstacles, dont cry for a nerf cause you are too lazy to try and get better.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL.

Merriam-Webster dictionary

im·bal·ance /ɪmˈbæləns/ noun

plural im·bal·anc·es

[count] : a state or condition in which different things do not occur in equal or proper amounts.

The imbalance in the game is not one class is op, or 2, there is an abundance of improperly managed abilities and techniques to which cause a very underwhelming experience in pvp.

nobody is lazy, nobody is a bad player. these things cant be assumed when the pvp is IMBALANCED. Its not just high dmg, its an overabundance of CC,lack of cc countermeasures,resolves fail, lack of equal distribution of defensive and offensive capabilities AMONG ALL CLASSES.

you really need to get a more realistic perspective of this pvp in this game.

Classes need to be BALANCED. and sometimes balancing a class may lead to a nerf, but nerf doesnt mean crippling the class to the bottom of the heap.

Edited by LeonkRAV

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL.

Merriam-Webster dictionary

im·bal·ance /ɪmˈbæləns/ noun

plural im·bal·anc·es

[count] : a state or condition in which different things do not occur in equal or proper amounts.

The imbalance in the game is not one class is op, or 2, there is an abundance of improperly managed abilities and techniques to which cause a very underwhelming experience in pvp.

nobody is lazy, nobody is a bad player. these things cant be assumed when the pvp is IMBALANCED. Its not just high dmg, its an overabundance of CC,lack of cc countermeasures,resolves fail, lack of equal distribution of defensive and offensive capabilities AMONG ALL CLASSES.

you really need to get a more realistic perspective of this pvp in this game.

Classes need to be BALANCED. and sometimes balancing a class may lead to a nerf, but nerf doesnt mean crippling the class to the bottom of the heap.

Whoah buddy.

Hardly a rage. what is this, an agree with the poster only thread or get mad about it?

Look at it this way.

Take operative for example.

Their initial burst is Overpowered. and their sustained dmg is under powered. This you have a big imbalance.

how do you balance this issue?

reduce the initial burst dmg, and increase the sustained dmg.

thus the operative does not lose any dmg, but at the same time the initial burst dmg which is practically a freebie that on most occasions cant be negatated or denied is gone, and that requires the operative to utilize skill more then relying simbply on his classes unequal advantage.

the good player sees this as a balance,they have to change their initial style of play but they can still manage as a good operative.

the bad player sees this as a nerf, b/c they can long produce the deadly fast kills they did before b/c all their skill was false, and relied heavily on the class rather than their own personal ability.

Edited by LeonkRAV

the bad player sees this as a nerf

Exactly. There's a difference between a nerf and correcting imbalance. A nerf is needlessly making a class worse because of the community's outcry.

You need to settle down, bro, you're agreeing with the OP and raging about it.

Hardly a rage. what is this, an agree with the poster only thread or get mad about it?

Look at it this way.

Take operative for example.

Their initial burst is Overpowered. and their sustained dmg is under powered. This you have a big imbalance.

how do you balance this issue?

reduce the initial burst dmg, and increase the sustained dmg.

thus the operative does not lose any dmg, but at the same time the initial burst dmg which is practically a freebie that on most occasions cant be negatated or denied is gone, and that requires the operative to utilize skill more then relying simbply on his classes unequal advantage.

the good player sees this as a balance,they have to change their initial style of play but they can still manage as a good operative.

the bad player sees this as a nerf, b/c they can long produce the deadly fast kills they did before b/c all their skill was false, and relied heavily on the class rather than their own personal ability.

That completely changes the mechanics of the class. Basically you are saying there should be no burst classes, and all classes should be balanced to have sustained dps.

Exactly. There's a difference between a nerf and correcting imbalance. A nerf is needlessly making a class worse because of the community's outcry.

You need to settle down, bro, you're agreeing with the OP and raging about it.

Keep assuming im ranging, the OP claims nothing needs to be changed. he saying the player base needs to basically stop being bad. hes basically saying everyone on the board that are unhappy with the way pvp is, are basically terrible people who dont know what they are doing.

I dont believe that. there needs to be balances, and balances will be seen as nerfs and there will be nerfs. If you want to promote none nerfing thats one thing, but to say everything is perfect and that its the playerbase that is at fault, i think that is a big joke.

The game is suppose to accommodate the players, not indulge their every whim but provide a enjoyable play experience across the board. and atm that is not the case, and thats due to class imbalance. He doesnt even believe there is an imbalance.

And as it looks, he hasn't managed to figure out how to topple these classes. and when he sees its generally more work then it should be, i wouldn't be surprise if he changed his tune.

srsly i want sorcs to be nerfed to the ground not being able to do anything even with 2 companions out. I dont want them to heal, to shield or deal damage. They shouldnt even move properly. They should just stand there and get ganked over and over again. Thats what the class deserves.

The game is suppose to accommodate the players, not indulge their every whim but provide a enjoyable play experience across the board. and atm that is not the case, and thats due to class imbalance. He doesnt even believe there is an imbalance.

and by provide enjoyable play experience you mean indulge their every whim and nerf the classes that people cry nerf about.

and by provide enjoyable play experience you mean indulge their every whim and nerf the classes that people cry nerf about.

LOL...what?

Let put it this way, typically when a class IS nerfed, there is some truth or legitimate reason behind the nerf. when people complain about a class, there is usually some truth or legitimate reason behind the complaint; whether it be what people are claiming or what the developers have found in their logs.

But you explain to me why warzones are becoming highly populated with the classes people claim to be overpowered? the number of pvp re rolls to these classes are ridiculous. this is detrimental to the game. and if for the sole purpose of creating a equal distribution of classes in warzones is the only incentive for them to nerf classes then it should be done.

People who defend these classes are in denial. they typically PLAY these classes and are fearful that they will lose their edge and advantage and exploitive behavior and have to struggle like everyone else.

you see PREMADES consisting of all Operatives or smugglers in war zones. you see ZERO to 1 representation of warriors and guardians vanguards , very few assassins.

and youre telling me there is NO truth to this nonsense?

On my Operative i find it so hilarious when i see a clueless sentinel run up to a cap only to get destroyed by 6 operatives he had no clue were there. the whole situation is a bit of a mess. Deny all you want, THEY will change it, so accept it.

Smugglers are op, sure but at least they dont heal like a boss. Sorc do all that damage do crap loads of op heal without specing on it. And got all the cc any class in any mmo ever had.

Smugglers are op, sure but at least they dont heal like a boss. Sorc do all that damage do crap loads of op heal without specing on it. And got all the cc any class in any mmo ever had.

A 4 sec stun on a 1 min CD, and a 8 sec CC thats broken on damage (also with a CD) is all the CC any class in any MMO had??

ROFL!

Also, Operatives and smuggles also have heals, they just vanish first before using them so you dont see it.

This is the main problem with players flaming the forums for "nerfs". Most average players have NO IDEA what other classes are actually doing. They make assumptions and accusations.

Sorcs have the same number of cc's as sages, it's just more people are rolling sorcs than sages.

Can't say as a Bounty hunter i have problem with either class when it's comes to damage taken or given.

However... What I do object to is a class that is immune against my stuns and able to sprint threw fire while carrying the ball while taking nearly zero damage from the flames. while I'm forced to walk slower then a slug with the ball and even if I don't get stunned in the flames by the time I walked over the pit the flames have already started again.

Final thought where is my Jet pack that I can jump from platform to platform? the death from above and recharge and reload is like teasing you saying "well you do have a jet pack but we just don't want you to make use of it"

so basically at the end of the day we can all agree - there is an equal distribution of imbalance in the game and rather then ignore them and embrace the opness of one class and exploit it to gain what little you can with it. Bioware needs to rethink their aproach on class balance and change it for the better.

honestly, its all about perspective. just b/c numerous classes are being said to be op doesnt mean they arent, there doesnt have to be 1 op class for claims to be legitimate. the fact is, alot of things are out of whack, and need to be addressed - you cant deny that. things do not need to remain the same, that is for sure.