Class Balancing: PvE

SirSlayAlot

Q. Bioware, I was wondering what your official, if possible, stance is on Class Balance DPS wise is?

I find the Jedi Shadow puts out much more dps than my Jedi Guardian and that is without even using damage meters. It is that obvious.

So is the official plan to have all classes balanced or will there be "pure dps" classes who will always be top of the charts?

Thanks.

Edited by SirSlayAlot

Depends on how you specced the two. Did you go tank on the guardian and DPS and on the shadow? Between the two early on, the guardian does not need as much DPS because he is in heavy armor. Meanwhile, life would be hell for the light armor wearing shadow if they started out with normal tank dps. Edited by Qoojo

I think Shadows SHOULD deal more damage than a Guardian. Guardian is mainly a tank, while Shadow is a DPS with secondary tanking.

Actually, they should do roughly the same DPS because they are both DPS/Tank hybrids. As for one doing more DPS than the other...until we get a combat log and start parsing, no one knows which classes do more DPS than others.

People who pick a class know and not wanting to ever heal or tank asking to do more damage than anybody. Selfish.

People who can heal waste time and resources healing with non talented abilities, that means less dps and the boss lives longer which requires more healing -you see the connection? also if your healers and tanks are bad enough to need dps to do it also well....

Just becuase a sorcerer off heals in black talon doesnt mean he can do it ina heroic with an enrage timer.

Bioware has stated in the past that Sent/marauder and gunslinger/sniper will do more DPS than other DPS specced classes, but the other DPS specced classes will do roughly equal to each other. Until we get combat logs, no one will know for sure if Bioware has achieved said goal.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.