Even if all preorderd July

Hakalo

Not sure how people call this a fail launch, its not over and above all you don't know what benchmark the company set up as the definition for a sucessful launch or not.

On second thought never mind, understanding anything I have to say requires critical thinking.

Edited by gordonchase

Surely if everyone pre-ordered in July we'd still have to wait...

It's not like they have said "ok.. July onry!" they have said "let's let in xxxxx amount of people".

/sigh

....but everyone didn't pre-order in July.

I imagine that this was a factor when deciding on the Early Game Access route?

Amen.

Invites are not determined by the date you pre-ordered.

Its determined by the order in which you did pre-order.

For the millionth time.

Example

First Wave: 1-50,000 of the first people EVER to pre-order, would be invited.

Sec Wave: 50,001 - 100,000 of the people EVER to pre-order, would be invited next.

Third Wave: 100,001 - 150,000 of the people ever to pre-order, would be invited next.

Invites go in ORDER.

If you ordered it first, you get in first.

If you ordered it last, you get in last.

Even if all pre-orders were done during july, 1st of July pre-orders would be invited before the 2nd of july, and so on.

THIS is bs... I pre-order nearly a month before i was given my early access code... And to get it I had to e-mail everyone from Bioware to gamestop...

Only thing I'm slightly miffed by is the fact I ordered a physical copy and the 3rd party company took over a month and a half to send my pre reg code out (but at least I got one, some still appear to be waiting). Not alot I can do about it now but wait. Still if I could go back in time a Digital copy would have been the way forward.

Oh well I do have lots of work to do anyways :p

So what happens on the 20th? Good sweet stagger release up till the 19th close the servers then reopen at "launch" have everyone logging in from preorder plus people who did not. Its gonna hit the fan one way or another but doing it this way is just making people mad before the servers get crushed and and people are upset again.

Amen.

Invites are not determined by the date you pre-ordered.

Its determined by the order in which you did pre-order.

For the millionth time.

Example

First Wave: 1-50,000 of the first people EVER to pre-order, would be invited.

Sec Wave: 50,001 - 100,000 of the people EVER to pre-order, would be invited next.

Third Wave: 100,001 - 150,000 of the people ever to pre-order, would be invited next.

Invites go in ORDER.

If you ordered it first, you get in first.

If you ordered it last, you get in last.

Even if all pre-orders were done during july, 1st of July pre-orders would be invited before the 2nd of july, and so on.

Well said and these forums would be much more pleasant if people could understand what you just stated.

For the complainers. You should have pre ordered sooner. Sorry but it's true!

So what happens on the 20th? Good sweet stagger release up till the 19th close the servers then reopen at "launch" have everyone logging in from preorder plus people who did not. Its gonna hit the fan one way or another but doing it this way is just making people mad before the servers get crushed and and people are upset again.

What they are doing is kind of flawed logic isn't it?

I suppose the only benefit this has is that starting zones won't be that crowded. I remember the stress test and the starting areas weren't so bad and a lot of the stuff is gated anyways.

Well said and these forums would be much more pleasant if people could understand what you just stated.

For the complainers. You should have pre ordered sooner. Sorry but it's true!

The point is, is that the stagger system is a failure. Lol are you that dumb to not slightly think outside of the box.

Another point so a person who preorders on July 1st is entitled to more than soemone preordering July 2nd?

First come first serve only works on limited quantities, SWTOR is not limiting the preorders lol, they are happily accepting millions of dollars. Thus First come first serve staggered launch is super fail.

Let everyone in who preordered, we the customers can play with our friends and get on the correct server from the get go, or move to another if needed.

Staggered launch only alienates and divides players.

The 20th is RETAIL RELEASE day, not launch day, there is a difference.

You do realize that dec 20 is the official launch day since no one can activate their subscription till then? Even people who opted for a digital download instead of a retail copy cannot activate their subscription till dec 20, the launch day.

To those who got hung up on the 'you should have preordered earlier': He is referring to the idiotic failure of the system with the use of exageration, not the fact it came as a surprise.

To those who say it is not a launch: Read the stickies, and think about it logically instead of getting hung up in a new term.

To those who are saying stop QQ'ng: Stop trolling and QQ'ng about QQ.

Why are people so upset that others will be ahead of them, the angry people want to be FIRST!!!!!! ? Is that it? We're all going to end up in the same spot...

Its about being competetive, surely anyone whos played some form of sport can understand this. Not all of us want to go around admiring the scenery and prancing with ponies and falling in love with the story line.

Some of us want to be competetive, pvp ****** faces, gettin rich in the economy. The players getting in first have a hugeeee advantage over everyone else. Staggering the population really gives a crazy economical and level advantage over everyone.