The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Are you serious with this "big" patch

Starglide

Trion, the guys who made Rift, proved you can launch an MMO almost bug-free. It was the smoothest launch ever. Any major bugs were stamped out promptly, no loitering around.

Exactly.

I have no issue with an mmo releasing with bugs, it's going to happen.

What I have an issue with is the company taking holidays and sitting on their asses ( or at least giving the appearance thereof ) for weeks into release.

Trion was creating substantial and constant hotfixes and patches from the first few days on and I expect no less from a supposed veteran game developer as I received from a completely newb start up company.

Edited by Zorvan

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

There should be one of these every week or every other. This is ridiculous how all this patch does is help me realize there are MORE bugs than the ones breaking the game.

Abilities do not execute, certain key binds still don't work and imaginary animations are occurring (apparently) so I have to spam my abilities before I laggily watch them get off.

I WAITED FIVE YEARS FOR THIS GAME.... and defended this game against the QQ all the way until now. We have pompous community managers acting like they are the second coming of Christ when you all FAILED TO LISTEN. There should have been high level toons for testing in beta and if you were going to copy successful MMOs, don't take their problems along with it.

Stop concentrating on leveling garbage as every MMO that fails, fails due to lack of END GAME CONTENT. Everything that is dealt with post level 50 is incredibly BROKEN.

Please release patches and make this game RESPONSIVE and SMOOTH among ALL. It is making everything un-enjoyable. This isn't even mentioning my complaint as to how slow 1.5 GCD feels. Let alone the way the GCD communicates with the server is incredible sloppy and laggy.

No real world ranked guild, including the one I came from, IS or WILL take this game seriously until you fix these PREVAILING issues.

I said this to Magid when I went to the city to discuss this in person. Why aren't you guys listening. THE NUMBER ONE PRIORITY right now should not be NEW CONTENT. It should be FIXING the content YOU HAVE. Its not WHAT YOU DO, its HOW YOU DO IT. Right now it is jack of all trades master of none. The leveling experience is great but that isn't what makes an MMO.

You guys are getting too big for your bridges and have to stop thinking the community is idiotic and start listening. Stop comparing the game to WoW's state 7 years ago and understand the genre has evolved and no one is going to settle for choppy, unresponsive half-finished implementations.

P.S. Answer my ticket I opened FIVE DAYS AGO.

shut up

Trion, the guys who made Rift, proved you can launch an MMO almost bug-free. It was the smoothest launch ever. Any major bugs were stamped out promptly, no loitering around.

Yeah like that one that went on for about a month where anyone could log into anyone elses account without credentials?

I though Trion did a fabulous job on Rift, whether I enjoyed the game or not. I bought it, I played it, I enjoyed it, I moved on. No regrets. Yes their launch was smooth, no it wasn't devoid of bugs. Not even as close as you're implying.