Midnight Maintenance for West Coast Servers???

Fogal

I'm not trying to be a whiner but I do need to make a suggestion.

When a non-weekly patch needs to be rolled out, please try to pick a better time.

A few hundred thousand gamers chose to play on a West Coast server because it fits our gaming time. When you patch the game at midnight (server time), especially during these non-scheduled outages, you are really cutting into some of your customers plans.

I understand and agree that critical patches need to be rolled out asap. If that's truly the case, bring the servers down at 5pm when the whole world is playing. (If they're so critical.)

Here is a better suggestion. Bring them down at 6am CST so the only ones you are putting out are the tweakers and the credit farmers (no disrespect to tweakers, it's just a fact). Since you guys bring the whole freaking world down every time you roll out a patch, I would imaging a 6am outage would affect the least amount of folks.

Let the flaming begin!

--

Fogal

The Origal Gamesta

Here is a better suggestion. Bring them down at 6am CST so the only ones you are putting out are the tweakers and the credit farmers (no disrespect to tweakers, it's just a fact). Since you guys bring the whole freaking world down every time you roll out a patch, I would imaging a 6am outage would affect the least amount of folks.

Midday for EU?

GG

Edited by Sparckus

Except you'd be bringing it down in the middle of the day for all of Europe if you did that. The times they've been picking to bring servers down correspond with when they're at their lowest worldwide.

I'm personally I'm of the opinion the EU servers should have their own patch time, because you're going to have unhappy people no matter what time you do it with a globally synced maintenance. I can also see how doing it this way is much simpler while the game is new. If something major needs work you can fix all the servers at once rather than having to stagger patches throughout the day.

That in mind, I'm hoping in a few months when all the major kinks have been worked out they go into individual patch times, as I'm also one of the people that plays later in the night usually, and having the servers go down at 2am CST feels kinda odd.

I'm personally I'm of the opinion the EU servers should have their own patch time

That just leads to NA players whining they they can't get "World First" on anything because all the patches roll out in Europe first.

I agree that its the best solution, though.

As one of those "West Coast Players" I'll trust BioWare on their metrics when they say they've picked the lowest global utilization time for their maintenance window and give them time to implement "region-focused" updates (which I believe they have already said they are working on).

Sure, it was a bummer last night having to log off at Midnight, but it didn't destroy my whole life or anything. Go read a book or pop a Star Wars DVD in to watch and you'll do just fine ;)

To those of you in the EU (or what ever they call it this year), my suggestion was to patch at server times. I don't care if something like that critical patch to allow emotes on a freaking motorbike was delayed for me. I don't care if patches for exploits are delayed because they don't affect me.

Let the EU get the patches first, who cares. Maybe let the US get the patches first and the EU can get them the next day. :D Who cares????

My point is there is no POINT to having servers for different timezones

I'm pretty sure EU people work just like US people and that midday would be fine

It STARTS at midday, if you get an 8 hour maintenance that eats right into the middle of prime time EU (8pm GMT, 9pm CET), even a small extension on that time is a full day of gaming time lost for everyone in EU (a massive chunk of their userbase).

To those of you in the EU (or what ever they call it this year), my suggestion was to patch at server times.

You don't say that anywhere in your OP. Patching at 2am local time for the servers would be good and its what us in the EU has been asking for.