SW TOR torrent?

Valkanisar

would making a torrent with the games disc and upload it to a torrent site be allowed?

just thinking that it would help out those people who are having problems downloading the whole game via the launcher. i have the bandwidth to share it. i have 400 gig data transfer a month.

just not sure if it is against the TOS. would you guys want to see a torrent?

would making a torrent with the games disc and upload it to a torrent site be allowed?

just thinking that it would help out those people who are having problems downloading the whole game via the launcher. i have the bandwidth to share it. i have 400 gig data transfer a month.

just not sure if it is against the TOS. would you guys want to see a torrent?

Why would someone need a torrent if there is Origin?

It wouldn't do anyone any good...

If they're going to DL SWTOR, why would they do it through a torrent. It's not like they can use SWTOR without buying a copy.

You can buy the code. You don't need to buy a physical copy of the game.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...

Bump.

This is not a bad idea as the game launcher takes a billion years to download all the required files.

With a torrent a person has the ability to download at much faster rates provided there are seeders.

I would like to see this as well.

My downloads are usually pretty fast. For me it all depends on the Connection that I am using. When I am on the road many places I stay at do not have as good of a connection as I do here at my house.

Personally I do not think a Torrent is needed.

Bioware would never allow a torrent and it would probably violate the TOS if someone created a Torrent without their permission. Once you download the game your fine. The most recent expansion only took me 30 mins to download so I don't see any need for this to exist.

Beats me why BW don't just use torrent to distribute their patches same as Blizzard do. They can still provide a static download for those that can't use torrent. But it has worked well for Blizzard distributing that way, I wish more games would do it.

• 4 months later...

Not making use of Torrent technology is stupid. A lot of people here seem to misunderstand the purpose of the torrent - it isn't to get the game 'free' or anything like that, it is to allow for faster downloads through a proven p2p system.

World of Tanks for instance allows people to choose whether or not to download the game directly off the website or via a torrent.

Opening the game through Origin appears to simply load the client, as if Origin had not been used.

I don't think using a torrent implementation would improve the speed of downloading the client or patches. EA seems to have a pretty big pipe- my connection is always maxed out when d/ling clients or patches whether I'm on a 25mbps or 50 mbps connection (3 and 6 MBps respectively). I always know that the download rate for TOR related updates will be consistently fast assuming you're not using the Bitraider client. This is really nice compared to WoW's update speeds which vary depending on the # of seeders.

Nor would it improve the reliability of downloads- the recent mishaps where people were reporting d/l times of several hours for what was a weekly patch was due to flaws in the new streaming version of the launcher, not the transfer protocol.

Now if EA decided to use torrent to in order to save money on their bandwidth bills (which is why Blizzard uses torrent) that reason would make sense. As a customer I hope they don't, for selfish reasons :)

I'm pretty sure the 'new' Bitraider client is actually torrent-based. That it doesn't work very well for some people is a different matter.

And, even if you did have the files from the original DVD, you'd still need the launcher to patch most of that data to be able to play.

Do a search and you will find one torrent. It took me 20 sec to find one :D:

But i will not provide a link , you have to find it yourself

For me it took more than 20 H to get it so now i have made a copy on second hdd just in case