Solution to dual-spec requests?

Lethality

"Shallow, flavor of the month" gameplay is already in this game, the only difference is you need to grind money once a day to do it. Thus its inconvenient and only benefits those that have the time and patience to actually do it.

Let me spin around your previous argument on the other direction. If they wanted players to actually be mindful of their decisions, why not lock them entirely to the first spec and refuse to provide a reset? Its much easier to believe that given the time, they would come out with a dual spec or switch to any spec anywhere thing. They just didn't have the time to implement it.

Because they want SOME flexibility, if nothing else than to paint themselves into their own corner. But the reason it isn't a free-wheeling spec, and there is travel and cost involved is because they believe in the idea that skill choices should carry some weight. The cost to change balances it out nicely.

But to do that another way as I'm suggesting would work as well. Give people to re-spec anywhere at any time on the fly. But give those who stick with a spec some sort of nod, perhaps in +xp, legacy, social or valor gains. If not player stats (which, admittedly, would never fly.)

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One side of the debate thinks that the class-based nature of an RPG should be held relatively sacred. The choices you make to form your character (in combat and otherwise) should carry with you to define who and what your character is. Your spec should stay with you as much as possible.

NOBODY cares who YOU are. It's a game. Get over it. If you like or have an RP spirit go roll on RP server and don't use the system. We on PvE and PvP servers have the need for this dual spec, because of the severe shortage of tanks and healers and to broaden up our PvE and PvP gameplay experience. We on contrary to RP-minded people do not give a hutta what my friend's character is doing or what he looks like. We game as friends. And we dont give a hutta what random people on the fleet have done to their characters. In other words, we do not link in-game character accomplishments to social status in- and out of the game.

I can assure you that BW will implement dual spec. There is no reason not to.

The people "Against" dual spec give very poor rationale in my opinion.

In a raid group, what will you do with the second tank on a one tank fight?

What will you do with the third healer on a two healer fight?

Not allowing dual spec, in effect, binds BW to creating cookie-cutter raid bosses that all require the EXACT same raid make-up...boring.. It also prevents the raid from making strategy decisions from boss to boss (e.i. Two healers instead of three, third healer goes dps; certain boss' goes down faster, less healing)

The most obvious reason for dual spec is versatility, it also gives each toon better replay-ability should you choose not to roll alts. It's a lot more fun to master two specs within a class, than just one.

There is simply no logical reason to be against dual spec, if you think through it carefully.

^This man. This is your man. +1
Edited by DeathHenk

NOBODY cares who YOU are. It's a game. Get over it. If you like or have an RP spirit go roll on RP server and don't use the system. We on PvE and PvP servers have the need for this dual spec, because of the severe shortage of tanks and healers and to broaden up our PvE and PvP gameplay experience. We on contrary to RP-minded people do not give a hutta what my friend's character is doing or what he looks like. We game as friends. And we dont give a hutta what random people on the fleet have done to their characters. In other words, we do not link in-game character accomplishments to social status in- and out of the game.

Read the thread.

Read the thread.

Come at me braw

Would be curious to hear thoughts on this from both sides of the dual-spec discussion... what say you, disgruntled General Discussion?

^This, oh wait did you writ-...yes you did bratt...yes you did. It's not pointed at you fyi, its pointed at ppl sayin that line you wrote.

Edited by DeathHenk

I don't see what the big deal is with simply using WoW's dual spec. I like the idea of 4 people who are interested in playing a flashpoint being able to switch specs to fill the trinity. Nothing like sitting in fleet and see two competing shouts, one LF1M need healer and LFG DPS. Unless they implement a dungeon finder some flexibility in getting people together to have fun is needed.

Come at me braw

^This, oh wait did you writ-...yes you did bratt...yes you did. It's not pointed at you fyi, its pointed at ppl sayin that line you wrote.

This thread is about a proposed solution to allow for the dual-spec perk while giving those that don't wish to use it their own perks as well.

If you read it, then you surely have an opinion. So... what is it?

One of the biggest "discussions" right now surrounds the idea of dual-specs. Meaning, you can easily switch between two different skill trees within your chosen Advanced Class anywhere at any time.

You can of course already change your spec by visiting a Skill Mentor and paying some credits, but there are players who would like it to be much more convenient and cheaper so they can do it more often.

**snip**

The Solution?

I propose the idea of a "use-based" or "skill-based" construct, which basically means the the more you do something, the better you get at it. How does it apply to "specs"? Simple.

The longer you keep a spec without switching, the "better" you become at using it. It essentially makes you better that someone else with the same spec who just switched into it.

*snip**

A wonderful idea sadly it smells to much sandboxy for a game as much on rails as TOR.

We'll see how the game behaves in the long term still you do have my support ;)

Originally Posted by ProphetX

The developers have already said there adding dual spec post launch .

Originally Posted by Lethality

No they haven't. Quite certain of it.

Funny, because you're wrong. It's been confirmed three different times. One of them was only a week ago.

prove it...

GeorgZoeller:

Currently, we do not see the need to allow for dual spec at release. It's something that we'll definitely monitor over time, but we do think there is enough flexibility in the class system to keep people occupied well past launch.

Edited by Kourage

• 3 weeks later...

Playing for many years in a raid guild - noted the same trend - these guilds take every opportunity to practice this skill and refinement of tactics. Advantage of the opportunity to play in all dimensions of raids (8/4/16 people against SWtOR). In these guilds for players always have the same problem - people are performing a role in the raid, 16 people are forced to perform a role in other raids (4 / 8) or to remain out of work.

Being one of those players - for me it is essential to be able to keep (Owned for such cases) additional spec to carry out his tasks in each of the varieties of the raids.

I think there are quite a few people in my position and vote for the imposition of the dualspec. And I think, no need to repeat and say that such decisions have been taken earlier Blizzard and they were not unfounded (the reasons I have already announced and it's only a small fraction of them).

(Translated by Google, do not criticize for the grammar) :D