Get rid of the damn revive timer "10 min"

Slayrid

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You don't *HAVE* to wait out then ten minutes... You can always spawn back at the med station whenever you want.

If you die to the same boss three times consecutively either you are doing something VERY wrong, or you are underleveled for that quest.

I would think after that many deaths you would have to go repair anyway, right?

I have yet run into outrageous repair costs.

AND

I have never seen 10 minutes on a timer.

Hmmmmm.

(And yes, the death penalty in SWTOR is more of a joke than any other game before it, so really - what on earth is anyone complaining about... bring back XP LOSS ON DEATH! - THEN you will know true pain. People would actually learn how to play and not zerg everything too!!)

Isn't revive for using on other people?

So... Doesn't that mean that Bioware is punishing players for being kind to each other?

That's almost as destructive to a community as allowing guilds.

I'm fairly certain that the medical probe which revives players is on a different timer from the ability that players can use to revive each other.

what is the point of the timer???? i am not the only player that is troubled by this, get rid of the timer or tone it down to a couple min. 10 min is ridiculous.

You have to be defeated four times to hit 10 minutes. Solution, stop dying.

I'm not paying money to be stopped from playing the game.

Give me equip damage, fine. Making me have to wait to play in PvE? I don't think so.

Terrible terrible idea for a death penalty.

Hmmm, in LOTRO, we get the equipment damage, and we don't get revived on the spot, we end up in a rez circle, unless a player rez's us. And I've heard horror stories about WOW's death penalty. But if your timer is up to ten minutes, you really need to back off, repair, and rethink.

I consider it a strong suggestion by Bioware to rethink your strategy. Or a reverse ready-check, if you will. When you reach a 10 minute timer, the game is telling you that you are not ready.

Don't forget you can usually go back to the droid medical center, where you can repair your gear, get some stims and a medpack, maybe stop in town and try to upgrade gear, something. But I think its a good call on BW part not to let you continually rez over and over on a boss or trash pull that is kicking your rump.

because your so pro!!?? whether i suck or not its still ridiculous regardless.

dude, I wish they brought in naked corpse runs from EQ, just to show you how painless this death penalty system is.

If you die 3 times in that short of a time, you need the 10 minutes to think of the different tactics / companion to use on the guys your fighting.

dude, I wish they brought in naked corpse runs from EQ, just to show you how painless this death penalty system is.

If you die 3 times in that short of a time, you need the 10 minutes to think of the different tactics / companion to use on the guys your fighting.

Oh, no. I am getting flashbacks from EQ. :D

You don't *HAVE* to wait out then ten minutes... You can always spawn back at the med station whenever you want.

If you die to the same boss three times consecutively either you are doing something VERY wrong, or you are underleveled for that quest.

That is not necessary true. I've died 4 / 5 times on the one boss and got them on the 6th by retrying new strats and what not, maybe I was a bit low level for them but still got them - the 10 min timer is annoying it doesn't need to be -that- long. A couple of mins is more then long enough when it already costs us credits. Respawning back at base generally means you have to again fight through everything you just fought through to get back there - equally as annoying.

nakkid corps runs from EQ..

UO..

countless others..

How about the "wounds" from SWG? Try having 1/1 mind.. you can't do anything a bug looks at you funny you die.. and that alone took 10mins to clear up. Not mentioning then you have to find a doctor to heal up your Health and Action bars.