Pacify in PvP

chssoul

Anyone notice that Pacify doesn't seem to work properly in PvP?

It seems whenever I put it on a Tracer Missile or Snipe spammer they still hit every single shot. I do notice my health not dropping as fast when facing a Marauder with it on them but against Mercs and Snipers it seems useless.

Is this ability not working correctly or am I missing something?

It only works against 'white damage' melee and range attacks. It does not work on Force or Tech powers (Force Scream, Smash, Ops/IA backstab from stealth so I'm told, etc).

Pretty sure it worked on tracerlol, but not positive. I usually just interrupt whore that stuff.

I use it all the time on Marauders/Juggernauts/Assassins and it works just fine.

Awesome. That also explains the talent to increase the ability's range, right? Because at 10 yards range when I pacify a marauder, juggernaut or assassin they wont hurt me anyway with melee attacks, right? So basically I could spare that GDC and use it for something else. Like ...I dont know ...Blade Storm?

It is flawed by design, that's it. But yeah, Knight/Warrior classes seem constantly kept low ...less mitigation via saber ward against tech and force powers compared to melee and ranged damage ...pacify only working on white hits. Lol, as if a scoundrel ever uses white hits at all.

BioWare....u smell.

Awesome. That also explains the talent to increase the ability's range, right? Because at 10 yards range when I pacify a marauder, juggernaut or assassin they wont hurt me anyway with melee attacks, right? So basically I could spare that GDC and use it for something else. Like ...I dont know ...Blade Storm?

It is flawed by design, that's it. But yeah, Knight/Warrior classes seem constantly kept low ...less mitigation via saber ward against tech and force powers compared to melee and ranged damage ...pacify only working on white hits. Lol, as if a scoundrel ever uses white hits at all.

BioWare....u smell.

Look, if you don't get it, 1v1 a Marauder. Have him use Obfuscate and don't use Pacify. See how that goes.

Thanks.