Too much Instancing(better?)

HarmlessMass

Wow nice logic lol. This is a forum, you are quoting me and I am responding. It takes me little effort and time to answer you. :)

(sips coffee)

You should be our master,

Would you teach me how to use the forum if I am willing to pay you a fee?

Ok... I'll stop now... =P

I *ADORE* the phasing. The worst thing in a game as cool as this is breaking immersion by being surrounded by 1000 other people all trying to do the same quest and kill the same guy. It was one of the things I hated most about WoW when questing.

The less interaction with others when questing, particularly while leveling up, the better.

Playing a game like WoW is like having Spongebob Squarepants at full volume when you're trying to relax. Good for the ADD kids, not so good for adults.

The things youy mentioned are good points and can be annoying but when does the game go from an MMO to a CORPG?

Wow nice logic lol. This is a forum, you are quoting me and I am responding. It takes me little effort and time to answer you. :)

(sips coffee)

yet your using your precious time responding to a troll. (puts on docter phill mask)

now how does that make you feel?

The things youy mentioned are good points and can be annoying but when does the game go from an MMO to a CORPG?

Depends on your definitions. When I'm at the Imperial Fleet, surrounded by hundreds of people chilling, talking, using the auction, training, questing, whatever- it's an MMO. When I'm out in the world, doing some questing, I know I'm not completely alone, and there are people relatively nearby, possibly in need of aid or can provide it - it's still an MMO. If I'm in a phase that is built for my storyline and I'm having a personalized experience without distraction - it's still an MMO, but the rest of the world is on mute for 5 minutes.

When the world is a distraction, it's not a game, it's an irritation. Phasing minimizes the irritation, while enhancing the experience of the play.

Everyone's definition of "enhancing" will of course be different - but pardon me if I don't want to see 20 other people competing for kills right next to me. :D

Where did I mention my time was precious lol? Someone getting annoyed they are not bothering me and actually amusing me?

perhaps im amused that your amused that your amused that you think that im anoyed that your anoyed that i would find it anoyoing that said person isnt getting anoyed by anoying others?

no but honestly. just passing time

Depends on your definitions. When I'm at the Imperial Fleet, surrounded by hundreds of people chilling, talking, using the auction, training, questing, whatever- it's an MMO. When I'm out in the world, doing some questing, I know I'm not completely alone, and there are people relatively nearby, possibly in need of aid or can provide it - it's still an MMO. If I'm in a phase that is built for my storyline and I'm having a personalized experience without distraction - it's still an MMO, but the rest of the world is on mute for 5 minutes.

When the world is a distraction, it's not a game, it's an irritation. Phasing minimizes the irritation, while enhancing the experience of the play.

Everyone's definition of "enhancing" will of course be different - but pardon me if I don't want to see 20 other people competing for kills right next to me. :D

Well said, thanks for the response. I guess I just wish I would actually see a few other players when in the city hubs on the planets. It would just add to the virtual world feeling.

Yep, this game is missing it's soul. I can handle little competition for quest mobs no problem there. But I cannot handle MMO without other people. SWTOR doesnt have living and breathing world. It is static and empty. Kills the whole game atmosphere.

perhaps im amused that your amused that your amused that you think that im anoyed that your anoyed that i would find it anoyoing that said person isnt getting anoyed by anoying others?

no but honestly. just passing time

it's all good, guess I should expect a little forum pvp after all these years of posting lol.

thanks for the fun :)

Well said, thanks for the response. I guess I just wish I would actually see a few other players when in the city hubs on the planets. It would just add to the virtual world feeling.

Well - we're still at the point where the majority of people are still leveling up. Once people aren't bound by a linear set of questlines and are able to move about at will, the relative populations will increase at hubs.