Sith Emperor vs Darth Sidious

Lord_Butcher

• Replies 904
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what you think does not matter

canon > your opinion.:cool:

It matters to me, personally I don't care what you think of my opinions.

Lucas Canon > everything else. It doesn't matter what people want to think, Lucas has already stated Sidious was the most powerful sith ever. End of argument.

Where Lucas has stated it exactly?

Edited by Zeratho

It matters to me, personally I don't care what you think of my opinions.

Where Lucas has stated it exactly?

You should familiarize yourself with canon before trying to jump into these debates.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=186496&page=24

Quotes pulled from this thread for your convienence.

“Yoda went after Palpatine in the empty Senate chamber, but could not defeat the most powerful Sith Lord in history.”(The New Essential Chronology, page 84 )

The Emperor had known it would be thus, of course [that the Rebel Alliance would be troublesome]; the resistance had not been a surprise to him. The Emperor was completely in concert with the dark side of the Force. He was the most powerful Sith who had ever existed.” (Death Star, page 76)

“Vader imagined the power that could be his if he crushed Palpatine and established his own rule over the Empire. But first, he would need his own apprentice. By himself, he could not hope to defeat the most powerful Sith Lord the galaxy had ever known.” (Vader: the Ultimate Guide, page 19)

"Palpatine has spent decades studying the most arcane and esoteric Jedi disciplines. It is believed that he has mastered nearly all the known powers, previously unknown powers, and devises new ones at his pleasure"-- The Dark Empire Sourcebook.

“[The Galactic Emperor] had succeeded where all others failed in taming the Dark Side. He would journey across the universe, spreading the shadow of his rule, blotting out the stars themselves, and taking his Dark Rule to other helpless galaxies.”-- The Dark Side Sourcebook.

”Beyond the vision of the Jedi Knights, somewhere within the darkness, the greatest master of evil ever to use Sith power bides his time.”-- The Complete Visual Dictionary.

"The Sith Order, in hiding for a millennium, had awaited the birth of one who was powerful enough to return the Order to prominence. Darth Sidious was the fulfillment of that prophecy, capable of exacting the Sith's revenge on the Jedi for having nearly eradicated the practitioners of the dark side of the Force." -- the Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia.

"Only Palpatine has been able to spread his darkness completely and totally over an entire galaxy. What has proven to be the lasting genius of Palpatine as Emperor is his devotion to collecting all the knowledge of the Dark Side that he can, as well as what Light Side information he can corrupt and preserve. He is no more altruistic than any other, but his newfound immortality has given him the patience that all before him have lacked."

Well I don't know, now that I seriously think of it, neither one seem that much stronger than the other, like equals maybe. Sidious just succeeded in which the Sith Emperor didn't, crushing the jedi order and conquering the galaxy, but I wouldn't say Sidious is more powerful than the Sith Emperor just because of that.

The Sith Emperor did live over 1000 years, who knows what other powers he gained.

And where did Lucas say that Sidious is the most powerful Sith Lord? (Of course he will defend the character in his movies)

So I think: These two sith lords are equal in power, but Sidious succeeded in destroying the jedi oder and conquering the galaxy in which the Sith Emperor didn't.

Edited by Zeratho

Well I don't know, now that I seriously think of it, neither one seem that much stronger than the other, like equals maybe.

The Sith Emperor did live over 1000 years, who knows what other powers he gained.

And where did Lucas say that Sidious is the most powerful Sith Lord? (Of course he will defend the character in his movies)

Not sure if serious? 'looks at the poster above you'

I think its obvious, in my opinion anyway, Sidious needed a whole space station to destroy a planet, the emperor just needed a dark side ritual.

Simple is best, my friends.

He didn't "need" it. He was capable of destroing planets with the Force. But maybe he was too lazy, I don't know.

I think its obvious, in my opinion anyway, Sidious needed a whole space station to destroy a planet, the emperor just needed a dark side ritual.

Sidious didn't care for the Death Star. It was for control of all the other systems. If you watched A New Hope. Tarkin states he will rule the systems through fear. That was the whole point of the Death Star.

Sidious hands down

The rule of 2 means that the apprentice kills the master, so each generation becomes stronger.

That went on for over 900 years.

Well that only goes if the system doesnt get flawed and say that an apprentice kills his master in his sleep.... then an unworthy sith get power and the failing starts :)

But if each apprentice wrestle the power from his master hands while they are still in their prime you get a stronger lord every time.

Another fellow that is oblivious to what Sidious actually did in his time appears.

edit: Or maybe you just haven't read this, or any of the 100 other 'strongest jedi/sith' or 'so and so vs. so and so' threads that have been spammed in this forum, where Sidious' powers have been well documented.

Edited by AGoldCrayon

Well that only goes if the system doesnt get flawed and say that an apprentice kills his master in his sleep.... then an unworthy sith get power and the failing starts :)

But if each apprentice wrestle the power from his master hands while they are still in their prime you get a stronger lord every time.

Unworthy? Have you read Darth Plageuis? Sidious was more then ready.

Sidious is stronger than Vitate by a long shot. SIdious is immortal, can create force storms stronger than Vitates, has the strongest lightning, is a really skilled Lightsaber Duelist, etc.

I dunno why people think the Emperor is so powerful compared to other Sith or even Sidious himself.

they only making him look powerful because of the looks same with revan and nihllus if naga sadow was said he is more powerful then revan nihllus and sith emperor people will still whine about it and claim naga sadow either was not true sith or he needed ship to destroy stars lolz.

the part in revan novel talks about how awesome and powerful revan look with mask made my eyes roll.

and in my opintion naga sadow would easily defeat the sith emperor.

Edited by undeadsithdread

The way i see it the whole rule of two severely weaken the sith order. In the old republic they have sith armies, an empire of loyal soldiers. What does sideous have an apprentice that hates him and storm troopers than apparently cant shoot straight. If darth sideous really could destroy planets and all the amazing things said before he wouldn't of needed the death star. This sith emperor probably has ruled for a long time. Darth sideous only ruled the galaxy for a mere 2 decades and got his *** handed to him at the battle of yavin there's goes deaths tart number 1 and a few years later there goes death star number two.

In the end Darth sideous is OVERRATED!!!!!

The way i see it the whole rule of two severely weaken the sith order. In the old republic they have sith armies, an empire of loyal soldiers. What does sideous have an apprentice that hates him and storm troopers than apparently cant shoot straight. If darth sideous really could destroy planets and all the amazing things said before he wouldn't of needed the death star. This sith emperor probably has ruled for a long time. Darth sideous only ruled the galaxy for a mere 2 decades and got his *** handed to him at the battle of yavin there's goes deaths tart number 1 and a few years later there goes death star number two.

nether in any sith army manage to destroy the republic or jedi order because they were too busy betraying and killing each other the whole point rule of two 2 sith will focus on their common enemy and not betray each other try destroy the jedi and republic from behind scenes/inside.

Edited by undeadsithdread

here we go again... sidious same as dragon ball z god ridiculous.

Vitiate just a force user, naturaly strong in the force since he was born, killed a sith lord at age of 7 or 8 ( not sure) it becomes emperor by staging scenario taht imo makes Sidious plan childs play ( given the circusntances).

canonicaly siddious is stronger and more powerfull sadly, because sidious in EU is just absurd. Allthough inate power vitiate wins, surely. But for what i sworth that counts litle because in a fight we never realy know who realy wins. sidious the most powerfull sith lord of all time acording to canon, dies his true death by a shot in the back of han solo. :eek: Obi wan is toyed by dooku everytime, yet dooku cant defeat anakin. But best part Obi wan defeated Anakin.. so it is all irrelevant.

Being immortal means you can not die of old age, if someone chops your head off you'll still be just as ****ed as anyone else.

In short, Immortal is not Invincible.

Wrong. Immortal means you can not die. That whole growing old crap is some stipulation made by fantasy authors. The word means without mortality.

You're arguing the immortal vs. eternal semantics.

Allow me to Retort.

The RoT achieved the end of the Republic and the Jedi and it brought the Most Powerful Sith Lord. It was revealed in the DB series, that the Dark Side is better when concentrated to lower numbers. Pieces to a pie, better when there is less people so you can have more pie.

Wrong. Immortal means you can not die. That whole growing old crap is some stipulation made by fantasy authors. The word means without mortality.

You're arguing the immortal vs. eternal semantics.

Sidious transferred his essence to other bodies.. which is kinda like Immortality.