Alderaan Civil War turret problem.

PoortKnyght

When I started getting better at PvP and perfecting how to get to the left turret (from the Republic's staring position). I turn on my Transcendence and will always beat any sage who tried to race me to it. I'd always keep an eye on the turret control display in the top right of the screen to make sure that I beat the Imps to the turret. After the second time, I noticed that when I'd capture the left turret at the same time Imps captured the right one. The right turret will cause 5 damage the very instant it is captured, but the left turret will take 4-5 seconds before it will cause any damage. I have capped the left turret 4-5 seconds before the Imps will capture the right turret, noticeably sooner than they do. I kinda dealt with the issue until we started losing warzone matches due to the mid never being capped, always being fought over. Just the side turrets capped, left by Rep and right by Imps. The whole game the side turrets are defended. Keep in mind, I've gotten real good at getting to the turret, so I'd capture the left turret long before they'd capture the right turret, but we'd still lose...... by 5 points. After talking with some fellow PvP'ers, we've decided that this is just to unfair of an advantage to the Imps. Like the situation I just explained. In a stalemate, Rep will always lose due to a glitch. Please read this, comment on this and just bring attention to this subject. This is a small fix, but a fix that will change the outcomes of a lot of Alderaan Civil War matches. Edited by PoortKnyght
No search option, so keeping the subject fresh.

Haha, that's completely understandable. This thread is mainly meant for the developers. So I tried giving as much info as possible for even the Imperials to replicate it. If anyone can confirm it for themselves. Please post what you did and your results here. I will be working on attaching screenshots for it, if it helps some ppl to "believe me". lol

I have actually noticed this as well and glad that someone else sees it. The east turret most certainly knocks 5 points off the score when captures and the west turret takes a few seconds to do the same. In seriously tight games, this truly is an unfair advantage to the Imperial team or whoever caps the east turret first.

Here are screenshots I took about 20 minutes ago. I was trying to use a separate program that would put a date/time stamp on each screen shot, but they kept coming out all black just showing the ToR cursor. So til I find a solution for that, I'll have to use the in game screenshots. If you look at the bottom left of the screen shot, you'll see that I have my companion deployed on a crew task. So for the timing between screen shots, you can use the time differences there. Between the second screenshot and the third screenshot, 15 seconds pass by. The first one is just showing the warzone was just starting. The second shows that I clearly capped the left turret before Imps capped the right. The third shows how even though I capped first, there was still more damage done to us.

http://i1093.photobucket.com/albums/i426/kevo1124/Screenshot_2012-01-06_21_38_04_560470.jpg

http://i1093.photobucket.com/albums/i426/kevo1124/Screenshot_2012-01-06_21_39_30_505385.jpg

http://i1093.photobucket.com/albums/i426/kevo1124/Screenshot_2012-01-06_21_39_46_256286.jpg

Edited by PoortKnyght

maybe we need to see it for ourselves first :)

Its true. Almost every match rep take 1 side and imps take the other and imps lead by 5 until something else happens. Bio has just given the imps everything else so I just figured this was how it was supposed to be.

Bio has just given the imps everything else so I just figured this was how it was supposed to be.

The Imps just shoot faster since someone is going to force-choke them if they don't. There's no such pressure on the Republic side. You need to work on the motivation, young Jedi!

While I hate to admit that this is a huge issue..as a Republic player it does feel like a huge issue. With the rate we seem to lose games we don't need this to be something that is used against us. Hopefully it will be recognized by the Devs and taken care of, it seems like an easy fix.

Yea, like I said before. I dealt with it at first, but after losing those stalemates. It started making me mad. And when you really think about it, it's almost like a butterfly effect like glitch. If the side turrets are capped at the same time and the mid capped a little after by the faction controlling the east turret, then the 2 turret bonus kicks in and it exponentializes the advantage given by the glitch. Even if mid is capped by other side, they'll have a harder time catching up to the lead that was given. Even Imps are affected by this. If Rep goes for the east turret instead of west and gets it, it will be the same situation for the imps.

I would imagine that the problem here is not about grabbing the other turret first and all would be equal, i would guess that those turrets are facing the republic ship from the start, so once you cap you have to wait while it turns then starts firing, where as when Imps cap it, it just starts firing. I could be wrong though, i'm at work right now and can't go see for myself.

I would imagine that the problem here is not about grabbing the other turret first and all would be equal, i would guess that those turrets are facing the republic ship from the start, so once you cap you have to wait while it turns then starts firing, where as when Imps cap it, it just starts firing. I could be wrong though, i'm at work right now and can't go see for myself.

I never thought of it like that. But I do know that even if Rep cap esat turret first it will fire instantly against Imps. I'll work on getting a screenshot for that posted on here.

• 1 month later...
no one is stopping you guys from getting that turret before Empire does. learn how to fight strategically instead of just capping whats easiest.

Wrong, the fact that the turret is easier to reach by the Imperial side means that all things being equal that turret will be grabbed by the Empire first...

Since you are on the favoured side here you can't give an honest opinion about it...

Also given the tendency for imps (and some reps) to glitch the wzs so they end quicker this has become more noticeable...

You appear to be new to forums:

Limit the wall of text. Nobody wants to read it.

Keep it short and to the point, your thread can be made into one line:

"Imperial turret captures faster than the Republic one"

Proof is typically the only way anyone will believe you. Try to fraps if possible.

You appear to be new to forums:

Limit the wall of text. Nobody wants to read it.

Keep it short and to the point, your thread can be made into one line:

"Imperial turret captures faster than the Republic one"

Proof is typically the only way anyone will believe you. Try to fraps if possible.

It's a well-known fact that imps always get the first shot out. PVP more?

Oh, and to OP, this is one of the many cons of rolling Republic.

Edited by ocping

Funny you should mention this as I too go for the left often and remarked just last night to a guild mate that every single time the right turret fires first. We had a civil war where no one captured the middle and it was only a single hero getting a ninja on right that won it for us even though I had gotten left first.