I'm stunned - TOR is awesome!

Rackjaw

Hello, I've been playing TOR all night on my room mate's computer (he's asleep and I didn't get in yet) and I just had to come here to say how much I'm enjoying the game.

I'm a lvl 11 Imperial Agent (operative) and I just finished the first flashpoint. I wasn't sure what to expect but I jumped in with a Sith Juggernaut who knew what he was doing (he said he'd played several of the betas) and I had an absolute blast!

The way the story sets up the flashpoint itself, and then continues to connect each encounter is so much more powerful than I had anticipated. I really got immersed in the run and time flew by as we fought our way through the ship. (talking smack to bosses before you beat them up rocks too btw)

At one point (the second boss I think, a droid that does machine gun blasts) The Juggernaut went down and I soloed it from about 20% up all the way down by healing myself and LOS'ing it when it unloaded it's main attack. I had 1% hp left when I killed it and we both cheered, I couldn't believe I survived :)

Anyways, as a veteran of 10 or so MMO's dating back to EQ, and a huge fan of PVE group content, I can say that without a shadow of a doubt that TOR got it right. I've never enjoyed a "dungeon run" more in my gaming life, and it was just the first one, with two players. By the end of the run I felt that the Juggernaut was a real person, the dialogue is great and really brings other people's characters to life.

I can't wait to see more of the group content and I really can't wait to start building my own character (hope I get in later today!) So for those of you who didn't watch many gameplay videos, or are eager to start playing ... take it from a vet ... if you're anything like me, you are going to LOVE this game!

(There's not much point to the thread other than me needing to express my excitement, see ya in space!) :D

Hello, I've been playing TOR all night on my room mate's computer (he's asleep and I didn't get in yet) and I just had to come here to say how much I'm enjoying the game.

I'm a lvl 11 Imperial Agent (operative) and I just finished the first flashpoint. I wasn't sure what to expect but I jumped in with a Sith Juggernaut who knew what he was doing (he said he'd played several of the betas) and I had an absolute blast!

The way the story sets up the flashpoint itself, and then continues to connect each encounter is so much more powerful than I had anticipated. I really got immersed in the run and time flew by as we fought our way through the ship. (talking smack to bosses before you beat them up rocks too btw)

At one point (the second boss I think, a droid that does machine gun blasts) The Juggernaut went down and I soloed it from about 20% up all the way down by healing myself and LOS'ing it when it unloaded it's main attack. I had 1% hp left when I killed it and we both cheered, I couldn't believe I survived :)

Anyways, as a veteran of 10 or so MMO's dating back to EQ, and a huge fan of PVE group content, I can say that without a shadow of a doubt that TOR got it right. I've never enjoyed a "dungeon run" more in my gaming life, and it was just the first one, with two players. By the end of the run I felt that the Juggernaut was a real person, the dialogue is great and really brings other people's characters to life.

I can't wait to see more of the group content and I really can't wait to start building my own character (hope I get in later today!) So for those of you who didn't watch many gameplay videos, or are eager to start playing ... take it from a vet ... if you're anything like me, you are going to LOVE this game!

(There's not much point to the thread other than me needing to express my excitement, see ya in space!) :D

Glad you are enjoying the single player aspect and feel of the game. Great way to start an MMO ><.

Great to hear someone enjoying the game instead of all these posts so far :D

I played a sith marauder in a weekend beta, chosen as it was probably my least favorite and didnt want to spoil the storyline on release. I loved it, completely lapped it up :)

The cinematics were awesome, i usually exit them in any other game as they just "got in the way", in swtor however they were great, never skipped one, really helped make you more like part of the story.

It's good to hear about your flashpoint with another player too, seems that these encounters are really helping to build a good in game community.

I may be jealous that you've managed to play already, but it's great to hear.

Enjoy :D

I know how you feel, it was excactly like that for me when I got into the last beta weekend. I knew I would play SWTOR because I am a typical MMO hopper, I played most big MMOs out there since Ultima Online and I was not expecting too much - sure, voice acting would be nice, but no big deal.

How wrong I was...for me no MMO since WoW (well, maybe WAR, which I loved for different reasons) was that great, that smooth an experience. Bioware really did its homework - while Rift f.e. was a nice WoW clone with some good ideas it felt boring and stale, Aion was really bad in my opinion - and these games created a hype as well. So I really think SWTOR will be different and a success just because playing it feels so fun, so smooth (can't think of another better word, sorry)

And yesterday playing together with my wife it was like this again - just plain fun. "Fighting" for the answers for unimportant, silly subquests dialogs just because you want to have your say. In other games I would have read the questtext, my wife would have clicked it away and we would never remember what we did for which reason...

So, way to go, Bioware! I really hope you have some additional endgame contenct (stories, raids, instances) stored up right now for release in the first 1-3 month because adding new content might be the difference between SWTOR holding a lot of its launch subscriptions or loosing players fast (like any other MMO since WoW)

Have fun, lets play! (and hopefully a lot more of preorder customer can get into the game today, I know the staggered launch hurt for people that didn't prorder in the first few days!)

I know how you feel, it was excactly like that for me when I got into the last beta weekend. I knew I would play SWTOR because I am a typical MMO hopper, I played most big MMOs out there since Ultima Online and I was not expecting too much - sure, voice acting would be nice, but no big deal.

How wrong I was...for me no MMO since WoW (well, maybe WAR, which I loved for different reasons) was that great, that smooth an experience. Bioware really did its homework - while Rift f.e. was a nice WoW clone with some good ideas it felt boring and stale, Aion was really bad in my opinion - and these games created a hype as well. So I really think SWTOR will be different and a success just because playing it feels so fun, so smooth (can't think of another better word, sorry)

And yesterday playing together with my wife it was like this again - just plain fun. "Fighting" for the answers for unimportant, silly subquests dialogs just because you want to have your say. In other games I would have read the questtext, my wife would have clicked it away and we would never remember what we did for which reason...

So, way to go, Bioware! I really hope you have some additional endgame contenct (stories, raids, instances) stored up right now for release in the first 1-3 month because adding new content might be the difference between SWTOR holding a lot of its launch subscriptions or loosing players fast (like any other MMO since WoW)

Have fun, lets play! (and hopefully a lot more of preorder customer can get into the game today, I know the staggered launch hurt for people that didn't prorder in the first few days!)

I pretty much am exactly the same way. MMO hopper, liked WoW but not RIFT, really excited about TOR.

For me, I am unable to judge games by looking at their individual parts. I know I like a game when I walk away from it and I have this feeling of pure satisfaction that I can't explain. I call it the X-Factor. I think good games are a culmination of their parts and must be looked at objectively, not compared side by side with everything else you've played.

I don't watch movies and think "Hmm, that was pretty good but next to (my favorite movie) it was just ok."

Also, to the angry people ... I'm still not in, I was playing a friends account just trying to decide which class to play. I'm still waiting too ... it's just that, unlike many of you I actually understand what a staggered early access means, and am being patient while I wait my turn (you know, like, an adult) We've waited years, we can wait a few more days, it's worth it.

The only reason why you're so upset is because you really can't wait to play the game. I can't wait either but I'm not going to let it ruin my life. Cheer up.

Edited by Rackjaw