A Few Notes to Potential Marauders!

LordFungus

1. The Marauder is -NOT- a pick-up-and-play class. The Marauder is a get-to-know-through-painful-experience class.

2. The Marauder is -NOT- underpowered.

3. You will die while questing. Probably a lot.

4. If you take the time to learn the class and get your hands dirty, the payoff is massive.

5. All three specs are functional and seem to be balanced at least on their face. Carnage is lacking very slightly it seems.

6. The storyline is epic, engaging and extremely fun.

Enjoy!

1. The Marauder is -NOT- a pick-up-and-play class. The Marauder is a get-to-know-through-painful-experience class.

4. If you take the time to learn the class and get your hands dirty, the payoff is massive.

5. All three specs are functional and seem to be balanced at least on their face. Carnage is lacking very slightly it seems.

Enjoy!

truth. If you thought any class in wow was "complex" then roll something else.

I picked up and played it pretty easily.

Agree to an extent... could really do with atleast couple CC moves or something better to heal then Call on the force every 20 minutes.

Oh yes... at some point A LOT lol

I don't think there is that much to learn, just getting nice rotations is whats needed

I am doing carnage and seem to be fine. Just CC and healing to a pain.

Unless you go lightside... strongly suggest not doing it, it is awful!!

Enjoy!

From someone who has played this as their first MMO.

the key is learning your class like you said. after reading a lot of info about the class on these forums, i am completely enjoying the class. i could however see how some younger need it now attitude peeps could get flustered and shelve the Mara...since getting Quinn with my Anni spec. i havent died...

love the class, in fact made a Jedi Knight Sent. to see that side...its gravy once you get your rotation and keybinds down...

cant see myself playing anything else!

we have one of the best communities when it comes to information...keep up the great work!

You seem to know alot of the terminolgy and ideas behind everything for this being your first mmo.

Got to enjoy a fast learner that isn't a whiner. With the mentality of accepting challenge and hard work this person will go far.

You seem to know alot of the terminolgy and ideas behind everything for this being your first mmo.

People mention terms a lot so had to pick them up to understand. I did play Runescape for a while so I suppose this is technically not my first MMO but since it is just a browser game it is never really counted.

Never played things such as WoW... can't even name another MMO except SWG lol.

Here is the problem i have with the class. It is definitely a class that needs time to learn and indeed the class is not broken as some people claim (albeit i feel they are being dramatic in an attempt to gain attention to the inherent flaws)

What really bothers me is why marauders are the only class that is so restricting. The minute i got quinn i soon found myself stuck, not being able to quest alone without the healing support. Not to mention nearly being forced to go annihiliation for the bleed crit heals.

I dont think its fair that our class REQUIRES such advanced speciliaztion and limitation on spec and companion to be able to play without struggling to kill a few mobs, those that hit 50 know what im talking about.

I just want people to realize that the class definitely needs work and is nowhere near where it should be compared to other classes. Balance at its definition.

I can list several points and complain endlessly about the same things but i feel there are some people here who really dont want to see the class get tuned up to the point of discrimination.. or an unfair advantage for their own class (that isnt a marauder).

anyway i wanted to be a marauder 2 years ago when i found out about the game, i made my marauder and im 50 and im disappointed, and hoping that class balancing comes soon with some changes to the class.

Lightside sucks? I am going lightside. How does it suck? I like going good in a society of bad...

See I like being good as well... I wanted to be goodygoody Jedi Knight but my friends all went Empire people so I thought I would just go Lightside Sith Warrior.

But being a LS Sith doesn't mean your good... the guys still a ******* and for no reason, lets innocents go after slaughtering people to get there. I talk rude to people, and instead of killing bosses at the end of quests I just say 'oh you know what, just go away and don't come back' or something along those lines.

Add to the fact you can't romance the only human female companion as LS.

And the darkside choices are so much more appealing... how much I regret not force choking this guy talking trash lol.

Sith is always about being bad... should of just went bad from the start and had a good alt I wanted if I had time.

Feel like the chracter I am playing now is a waste of time :(

Here is the problem i have with the class. It is definitely a class that needs time to learn and indeed the class is not broken as some people claim (albeit i feel they are being dramatic in an attempt to gain attention to the inherent flaws)

What really bothers me is why marauders are the only class that is so restricting. The minute i got quinn i soon found myself stuck, not being able to quest alone without the healing support. Not to mention nearly being forced to go annihiliation for the bleed crit heals.

I dont think its fair that our class REQUIRES such advanced speciliaztion and limitation on spec and companion to be able to play without struggling to kill a few mobs, those that hit 50 know what im talking about.

I just want people to realize that the class definitely needs work and is nowhere near where it should be compared to other classes. Balance at its definition.

I can list several points and complain endlessly about the same things but i feel there are some people here who really dont want to see the class get tuned up to the point of discrimination.. or an unfair advantage for their own class (that isnt a marauder).

anyway i wanted to be a marauder 2 years ago when i found out about the game, i made my marauder and im 50 and im disappointed, and hoping that class balancing comes soon with some changes to the class.

I never used Quinn once getting to 50 as Carnage. I used Vette then Jaesa then Broonmark.

I got my Marauder to 18 last night. My main is a 33 Juggernaut. Boy is the playstyle pleasantly different! I was kind of afraid to roll Marauder at first because I didn't want to feel like I was just rerolling my Juggernaut, but they're like night and day.

I'm still trying to get accustomed to remembering to keep Cloak of Pain up (is that the ability name?). Also I've still gotta work on when to use Berserk (not sure if this is something I want to pop every single time it's up). Just got Saber Throw last night and it's awesome. Very happy with this class so far.

I just really hope they allow mods soon or implement a customizable UI so I can make my combat triggered buffs a little easier to keep up with.

I'm 48 , on Corellia, never used Quinn , barring a couple of missions when I first got him to try him out.

I'm still using Vette , doing it all solo and doing fine.

See I like being good as well... I wanted to be goodygoody Jedi Knight but my friends all went Empire people so I thought I would just go Lightside Sith Warrior.

But being a LS Sith doesn't mean your good... the guys still a ******* and for no reason, lets innocents go after slaughtering people to get there. I talk rude to people, and instead of killing bosses at the end of quests I just say 'oh you know what, just go away and don't come back' or something along those lines.

(

I'm loving the lightside, its hilarious, I'm not sure how far you have got in the story, but every time you meet a jedi its just comedy gold, I even sent one into frothing madness because I was nicer than he was.

This is false, MMOS are easy, just because this class is underpower and tougher to deal with does not mean that it's still not a easy game.

False, and it has been gone over so many times. Where is your proof? Everyone else showed theres. The people who know the class better knows that this is not true.

While every other class has a easier time? Ya, ok thats not being underpower at all. This whole l2p stuff is funny.

Alot of the people who are 50,understands the flaws of the class, and understand the risk vs reward compare to other classes don't pay off. You really think that small amount of damage you do compare to other classes makes up for the lack of defense and CC? Ok well the beta testers and alot of other people think its not.

Oh you mean that rage spec that jug gets more out of? You mean Carnage spec who is lacking? and our only decent spec is strong cause of the defense? Ya ok.

The only saving factor of the class right now

Enjoy!

Had to start my day off with a bang.

Edited by Teladis

I never used Quinn once getting to 50 as Carnage. I used Vette then Jaesa then Broonmark.

I find it hard to believe you were carnage and never used a healing companion to quest with to 50. Really i do. almost everyone who has hit 50 was forced at some point to use quinn to heal for them. Without so nearly dying.

I mean it could be that you had geared out your newer companions with some good blues that really helped push you to killing those elites and strong mob packs on corellia... because i sure as hell didnt.

Or you had major downtime.........

I find it hard to believe you were carnage and never used a healing companion to quest with to 50. Really i do. almost everyone who has hit 50 was forced at some point to use quinn to heal for them. Without so nearly dying.

I mean it could be that you had geared out your newer companions with some good blues that really helped push you to killing those elites and strong mob packs on corellia... because i sure as hell didnt.

he prob duoed it. I don't see him doing the dailies at a good pace as carnage without quinn.

Most of the l2p post are people that are full of it anyway so *shrugs*

he prob duoed it. I don't see him doing the dailies at a good pace as carnage without quinn.

Most of the l2p post are people that are full of it anyway so *shrugs*

its possible. he just had to wait 5 or so minutes between defensive cd's per pull. (lol)

It's true, I used Quinn for most of Tattooine, Alderaan and Taris. But at the time I was also still ending the fights at around 50-70%. I blame this on my not playing the class well at the time. I later switched to vette or jaesa and things went smoother.

I also don't get how 5-15 seconds is "major" downtime.

Edited by Sinkaro

It's true, I used Quinn for most of Tattooine, Alderaan and Taris. But at the time I was also still ending the fights at around 50-70%.

I also don't get how 5-15 seconds is "major" downtime.

Not really major, but when you see other people chain pull it does become annoying.

Three changes that Imo would put us on par.

1) Get Rid of Savage kick and Pummel. We are fine on damage, we don't need this.

2) Replace them both with a Heal Strike after we kill a mob, we get a percent life back. This would be a better pve skill, because like I said damage is not our problem.

3) Let force scream work on strong mobs.

Done, this few changes alone would help us where we have trouble the most in pve.

its possible. he just had to wait 5 or so minutes between defensive cd's per pull. (lol)

Why would he need to wait five minutes for cooldowns on two abilities that have thirty second and two minute cooldowns respectively?

Why would he need to wait five minutes for cooldowns on two abilities that have thirty second and two minute cooldowns respectively?

Considering the level 50 dailies are a pain because of healer mobs, you got to be way over geared to do some of them.

im exaggerating to place emphasis.

That said, have you played marauder as your main? have you tried any of the other classes? there is literally very little to no downtime between packs of normal pulls minus regenning your basic resource abilites. Dying is has been few to slight on the rare chance you really mess up.

I never did, he is still in 100% of his default gear. Sure there would be some close fights, particularly the end of the story on Corellia. I only died twice while on the planet and that was because I wasn't paying attention to my health and kept charging new packs of mobs. Never died on the champ guarding Bara's building, Draagh or Baras himself while using Broonmark.

Tanking companions make it easy for Mara. You have them go in first then you go in after like 2-3s. I would pull aggro off him, pop ward and call on the force then camo out. This would put tons of aggro back onto Broon and lower mine significantly allowing me to re-charge the the champ and unload my biggest abilities. Mix in choke and obfuscate and all champs became a joke to take down.