Fps, fix it!

lightumup

I ran it on 1280x1024 i didnt say that everything maxed out maybe shadows a bit lower

Alright, well at that resolution your card should be passable then.

Really though, we all need to wait for proper new drivers from nvidia and AMD before drawing any conclusions about performance. They do not ever optimize drivers for games that are still in beta and simply haven't had time to get anything new out since the holidays. The latest betas are okay though, only time i see obvious FPS dips are on the fleet which I'd expect regardless.

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I have an AMD quad at 3.7ghz with 8 gigs of RAM at 1866mhz and an Asus 560ti at 900/1800. This combo runs Battlefield 3 single player in 3D in fullHD or 1980x1080 and all settings maxed minus AA as 3D does not require it, at more than 40FPS. With 3D disabled and 2x AA on, I am seeing 70-80FPS in SP and 50-60 in MP, rock stable. All the time. This ought to be enough when talking about the horsepower my rig can put out.

Now, when I warp to fleet in TOR, my FPS is quite literally 10-15 frames per second. Yes, you read correctly. This is at 1080p with no AA, with shadows completely off as with them on, I get 5 FPS in fleet. I play Skyrim in fullHD with everything possible on and maxed from the .ini in 3D and get 40FPS+ with the Skyrim Acceleration Layer on. And then I launch TOR and get 10 frames per second all the while the game looks about the same as KOTOR did since everything is turned down to even get that 10 frames.

Something is seriously wrong here and I guarantee that it's not my PC.

Funny cause I'm standing in the fleet right now at 50FPS with a near identical machine, only difference is my CPU is a 2500k @ 4.4GHz

Still unhapy; frames are unplayable in warzones. Have already submitted dxdiag and steps taken. Radeon HD5770 won't run at playable frames even in 800x600. That's beyond stupid. Something new I've noticed as I continue to investigate. My gpu monitor reports the gpu is ***NOT*** under load during play. Repeat, the gpu shows it is at 0 or occasionally 1% load. That means the client is not putting the render work on the graphics card. Its putting it all on the cpu, which explains why my cpu is normally pegged out at 90%+.

Effectively, I have a power drawing paperweight in my card slot as far as SWTOR is concerned.

Fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiix it. How can a 2011 game ship without proper client calls to a GRAPHICS CARD??!?!?!?!?!

Aight. You want help but you aren't helping yourself here. The only thing you've given us is your video card in your first post (you can have the best video card in the world if you have a ****** motherboard. You're back to square 1) Now Intel Motherboard... Hmmm that helps alot... Not. You do know there is atleast thousands of different intel boards if not more...

Which one is it? More info if you want more help.

As a side joke/note. If you have an "Intell" motherboard.... Get rid of it and get an "Intel" :p

So, I made a typo, big deal. I did not post the exact specs of my system because i was lazy. I have a good system, there was no need to go and list everything to sound like a ******. When you asked I told you. By the way, if the motherboard did not support my card, the card would either not fit in the pci express slot, or simply not run.

Also, seeing as I am able to run other games perfectly, i would say yet again, my hardware is not the issue.

You have 100 fps in fleet and warzones eh? Thats where the issue comes into play. Nobody has that there, so I call your bluff

I get good (unsure how good, to be exact) framerate everywhere. However, I turn the poorly-coded shadows off.

Funny cause I'm standing in the fleet right now at 50FPS with a near identical machine, only difference is my CPU is a 2500k @ 4.4GHz

I can get 50 fps in fleet too, if im not in the most crowded instance. Check the top left and check the number next to imperial fleet on your screen. If it is below 200 your in the lower populaiton instance and you wont have fps issues.

Im on the OP side.... I have almost same computer with gtx570. ITS NOT HORRIBLE.. but it should be way smoother then it is now. I also get low res texture issues once in awhile to. No matter what my settings are the game just isnt running smooth. i dont think the game engine is real stable, there are times when i quit the game and my computer just goes into over drive for no reason.

I can play ALL games on max settings fine... but it is the game not his computer. Which im sure it will be fixed. but stop acting like hes trolling, because hes not.

It is funny. There is no logical reason why the FPS trouble hits some people and some it does not. People with quite medium or even low peformance machines play the game quite well and have nice framerates and then you have monster machines with 570/580GTX cards that are getting low teens when when more than 4 players on are screen. It doesn't make sense.

I went through this issue with my flight simulator man. The game was designed for single and dual core rigs. Would not even use the other cores of a quad core. The cpu will not run on all 4 cores in a game that does not support mulithreading, or quad cores

because maybe the jobs it sent to the kernel where larger. the more multi core optimized games become the job (threads) become smaller so the kernel can handle it better and faster.

so yes, games what are for 1 core or 2 can utilize only at amount of cores, but thats not that game know anything of the cpu, because the kernel places them on the same core or that its a constant active job.

here ill try to explain

worker thread starts a job that is like this:

do something

do an other thing

go to begin

this is a loop and is endless, this stays on one core.

worker thread start "do something" and "do something else" itself the windows kernel every time one starts will sent it to the cpu and that can be a random core.

and the number of threats it may start is the optimization.

I can get 50 fps in fleet too, if im not in the most crowded instance. Check the top left and check the number next to imperial fleet on your screen. If it is below 200 your in the lower populaiton instance and you wont have fps issues.

There's only ever one instance of fleet at around 150ish people on my server, dunno about yours.

I can't tell you how sick and tired I am of this framerate issue. I have a top notch rig with a gtx 570. The last issue I should be having with a game that looks like this is fps issues. It annoys me just to log in, or to warzone, or to go to fleet. It is so unacceptably horrible I almost want to cancel my sub. 15 fps in fleet? Reallly? 15? On a gtx 570?

Meanwhile, they are fixing ridiculous bugs that nobody even notices, and leaving this gamebreaking problem that many people with high end systems seem to be having.

BIOWARE, FIX YOUR ****

dno something must be wrong with ur pc tbh. i have i5 2500k, 8gb dominator 1333mhz ram and gtx 570 factory OC. i have zero problems in warzones whatsoever and on fleet the lowest ive ever seen was a very short drop to 30 fps when entering the middle but once its loaded i average at around 45 fps there and everwhere else on fleet its 60. i run the game on max settings with 4x AA enabled in the ini

You have 100 fps in fleet and warzones eh? Thats where the issue comes into play. Nobody has that there, so I call your bluff

I have it. The only time I drop below 100 FPS is when the Fleet has more than 300 players. I play on max settings.

i7 2700k @ 4.5 Ghz

(2) GTX 580's SLI GPU

8 GB Kingston HyperX RAM

(2) 120 GB Intel 510 SSD (raid 0) with game and OS only

600 GB Velociraptor HDD for Data

Win 7 HP

Do not assume that you can "call your bluff" for everyone when you cannot possibly know everything about everyone's personal gaming setup. You're just wrong. I know there are legitimate concerns and issues for some, but for me, personally, I am having no issues.

Im on the OP side.... I have almost same computer with gtx570. ITS NOT HORRIBLE.. but it should be way smoother then it is now. I also get low res texture issues once in awhile to. No matter what my settings are the game just isnt running smooth. i dont think the game engine is real stable, there are times when i quit the game and my computer just goes into over drive for no reason.

I can play ALL games on max settings fine... but it is the game not his computer. Which im sure it will be fixed. but stop acting like hes trolling, because hes not.

Thank you.

It is funny. There is no logical reason why the FPS trouble hits some people and some it does not. People with quite medium or even low peformance machines play the game quite well and have nice framerates and then you have monster machines with 570/580GTX cards that are getting low teens when when more than 4 players on are screen. It doesn't make sense.

it does make sense.... computers are not all the same. this game has compatibility issues.... this isnt xbox360 where all the games are built for that particular machine. like i said im sure it will get worked out hopefully.

The fleet isn't instanced. FYI.

Please stop already.

Still unhapy; frames are unplayable in warzones. Have already submitted dxdiag and steps taken. Radeon HD5770 won't run at playable frames even in 800x600. That's beyond stupid. Something new I've noticed as I continue to investigate. My gpu monitor reports the gpu is ***NOT*** under load during play. Repeat, the gpu shows it is at 0 or occasionally 1% load. That means the client is not putting the render work on the graphics card. Its putting it all on the cpu, which explains why my cpu is normally pegged out at 90%+.

Effectively, I have a power drawing paperweight in my card slot as far as SWTOR is concerned.

Fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiix it. How can a 2011 game ship without proper client calls to a GRAPHICS CARD??!?!?!?!?!

Okay ^This^Guy^ has some legitimate issues then.. I have 2 swtor.exe processes running while playing and neither of them go over 20% CPU usage. He has a pretty solid theory for his issues.. I have no idea how ATI Drivers work because I've refused to use ATI since their driver packages were complete trash in the early GL days, I always stuck to nVidia.. But can't you define what executables your GPU should process?

The first thing I do when my computer pisses me off, is back up my documents and downloads (the ones I need) and format.. Mind you have a 4TB NAS where I keep everything hence why I only have 120gb SSDs in my system.

Have any of you with issues actually tried that? If you haven't installed from scratch, you haven't exhausted all your options yet.

Edited by GriffJ