Why only U.S friendly shut down

mecas

We loose hours of PAID for play time.

But the shut downs are always done over night for the U.S market

Once again it proves that NoN U.S customers mean Nothing

Give us our own shut downs over night

Or is the Irland Severs just a lie

Or are the staff unable to handle a shut down ?

Im paying for the game this is not beta. You cant just shut down daily for hours

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Im paying for the game this is not beta. You cant just shut down daily for hours

the servers are down for me aswell and i live in friggin sweden:eek:

I am in Hawaii...and honestly I feel your pain...I am 6 hours behind East Coast US...and every time they update at 2am, it takes away HOURS of perfect, get home from work, eat dinner and play time.....Its ridiculous, servers should be shut down depending on Location, and why not from 4am to 6am, not at midnight......

Bioware I am honestly sick of your attitude towards European players! Why me as a paying customer, who lives in Russia and have a holiday season and able to play, shouldn't be able to login 3 days in ROW, from 12pm to 4pm. EVERY day. And to make matter worse you disable forum posting during maintance, how convinient. Don't even get me started on customer support quality and making me wait 7 days to get a ticket answered.

To sum it all up I seriously doubt I will play past free month.

Edited by Mikhail_

You don't pay for gaming hours. You pay for the service. Go read the ToS and EULA.

i am on Pacific Coast U.S.A. and i am awake and wanting to play during these down times also.

the servers have to go down some point. i dont feel the need to complain about them going down when i want to play.

just do something else for the duration. there are other things to do.

Bioware I am honestly sick of your attitude towards European players! Why me as a paying customer, who lives in Russia and have a holiday season and able to play, shouldn't be able to login 3 days in ROW, from 12pm to 4pm. EVERY day. And to make matter worse you disable forum posting during maintance, how convinient. Don't even get me started on customer support quality and making me wait 7 days to get a ticket answered.

To sum it all up I seriously doubt I will play past free month.

+ big number here :mad:

i am on Pacific Coast U.S.A. and i am awake and wanting to play during these down times also.

the servers have to go down some point. i dont feel the need to complain about them going down when i want to play.

just do something else for the duration. there are other things to do.

Yeah, but guess what, they never go down during USA primetime, or even during the noon or so.

We have been promised our own down times, they said a few at the start would be linked this is beyond a joke now.

Its the total lack of conserne for the Non U.s players that gets to me.

No im not a troll i dont normaly bother with forums becouse of them.

But the attitude towards the Non US Is going to cost them a lot od subscriptions.

They realy do need to start Looking at the way they treat us.

the company is based in the united states .. the people working on it are based in the united states.. they are going to do the work when as few people can be affected .. so that the people who are not needed to be there during patch time can be at home asleep to be ready for the servers coming up .. I am sure they do the best that they can but honestly if the game was based in england it would be the same for people in china and singapore ..

the world is round things happen with time zones

We have been promised our own down times, they said a few at the start would be linked this is beyond a joke now.

Its the total lack of conserne for the Non U.s players that gets to me.

No im not a troll i dont normaly bother with forums becouse of them.

But the attitude towards the Non US Is going to cost them a lot od subscriptions.

They realy do need to start Looking at the way they treat us.

The entitlement and lack of patience/reasoning astounds me with this post.

The fact that they allow people to play cross-region with one and the same account has its benefits, yet also its disadvantages. There is no simple solution to this problem and they can't cater to everyone equally.

* Having different down times would stress servers in the other regions, which is unacceptable.

* Having global downtimes during European nights would mean evening downtimes for the US, which is also unacceptable.

I do think they have chosen the best possible times to have maintenance in.

There is no option other than regionalizing the game and I seriously hope it will never come to that.

So yes, as a European, I'm very much OK with their maintenance window.

You don't pay for gaming hours. You pay for the service. Go read the ToS and EULA.

Noone will care what that says when masses decide to stop paying the game, then u can have stict tos and eula all u want.

EA showed us countless times before what they think of europe as a second world market, well thanks for everything.

This happened the second time to me, same is with maintenance downtime, it just isnt goin to work for me since I don't have 24/7 to play this. Why should I pay for something if I can only play 1 outta 4 times?

oh and i seriously doubt that in some dark room that all the producers are sitting around and saying how can we screw england today .. I know we will dump their servers in the ocean because years ago did it with tea and it sounds fun

The team is based in the US.

That is the answer.

When I play games based out of Japan I don't expect their server down times to cater to me. You shouldn't either.

If they took the servers down at different times you would get people complaining that they are favoring which ever groups servers were patched first. The fairest and most efficient way to do server maintenance is all at the same time. Deal with it.

Heck I'm in the US and MY prime hours are 12am- 4am... guess when they take the servers down. right during my prime playing time. I recognize that there are more people in this world than just me.

Edited by FITorion

I am in Hawaii...and honestly I feel your pain...I am 6 hours behind East Coast US...and every time they update at 2am, it takes away HOURS of perfect, get home from work, eat dinner and play time.....Its ridiculous, servers should be shut down depending on Location, and why not from 4am to 6am, not at midnight......

Same here man, I'm in Hilo :D and hate it when they take it down at like 8 or 9 pm.

Yeah, but guess what, they never go down during USA primetime, or even during the noon or so.

it goes down during my 'prime time'.

no matter when the downtime is, someone is going to get screwed.

its kind of selfish that you guys dont care who will get screwed by the downtime as long as your own play schedule in not affected.

its not like maintenance periods are a new thing with MMOs.

oh and i seriously doubt that in some dark room that all the producers are sitting around and saying how can we screw england today .. I know we will dump their servers in the ocean because years ago did it with tea and it sounds fun

And the cover up begins!

actually DO they CONSIDER EU players in when they do the down time.. The down time is done at a time where it effect the LEST amount of people which is calculated on server load.. And once the game have been ironed out off most of the game breaking bugs down time will proberly go from 8 to something like 5 hours which means it will be back up well before 3pm (eu time) and prim time in the EU is from 5 to 10Pm... Remember people the game have just been released a few weeks ago.. and So fare its by fare one of the most SMOOTH launches of a MMO i have experianced.. and before anyone say how many that is lets summon it up shall we

in order.

Dark age of Camelot.

Starwars Galaxies.

Everquest2

World of warcraft.

Age of Conan.

Champions online.

Star Trek Online.

StarWars the old Republic

Thes are all games where i have been in launch of. so yes i am SPEAKING of experiance.

They try to do maintenance when it will affect the least amount of people. Just Because atm the Majority of the Players are from the US does not mean that BioWare is saying screw you EU they are just doing what they feel is best and I mean really complaining about Maintenance time is ridiculous Get some fresh air, Spend time with Family, Watch TV, play something else, etc... If the relativity short maintenance times are that big of an Issue for you you should probably play games just a little bit less don't you think?

<Flaming responses Initiate>

Edited by DuranuLithdel

you know i live in the us , but when i worked in singapore for 6 months eq maintenance was going on during my play times it sucked but what do i do .. i got up and went out and came back and the next day i was able to play .. i should have called the us embassy and complained