AFK leeching in Warfronts

Erulinda

What are you're thoughts on this and suggestions on how it could be solved

I'm sure more of us have run into this problem... You enter a warfront and one or more players just stand there AFK for the entire match...

This makes it alot harder to win a match as that or those spots could be used for active players that actualy want to win.

On our servers we usualy see the same player stand there and most of us have reported him/her/it and I hope something gets done about it soon.

Personally, I suggest a check on player activity... stand still for 1 minute and you get auto kicked...

Any other suggestions or thoughts, anyone ?

I haven't pvp'd yet so not sure if this is in game. Can you click on a player and flag them as AFK? In another game they had a problem with this and changed it so you could flag someone as AFK. They then had to do damage, perform an ability in order to remove the flag or they got kicked. Something like that might help. And yes pvp afk'ers are annoying.

Personally, I suggest a check on player activity... stand still for 1 minute and you get auto kicked...

Wouldn't work very well for people guarding objectives (like doors or the alderaan turret computers. Would be hard to guard them if you get auto kicked for standing there waiting for an enemy to attack them.

I haven't pvp'd yet so not sure if this is in game. Can you click on a player and flag them as AFK? In another game they had a problem with this and changed it so you could flag someone as AFK. They then had to do damage, perform an ability in order to remove the flag or they got kicked. Something like that might help. And yes pvp afk'ers are annoying.

That is the worst system ever, players should never get to police other players.

Honestly I could care less, most of the reward you get from the match is based off the medals you earn, and if you afk and get no medals you get minimal rewards. Also, with the retarded amount of commendations needed to buy one champ bag for a slight chance of getting better (currently 800 wz commendations to buy 200 mercs and have 200 wz left over), which takes about an hour-hour and a half (depending on the class, and their current gear level, some classes can farm up medals like crazy and maximize their comm gain each game).

Also there's no incentive to pvp in illum, the new patch adding "valor for killing players" won't mean **** either since people need something tangible that actually improves their character, waiting to get to valor 60 for a slight improvement over champion gear isn't it.

It's exploiting the game mechanics and offenders should be banned

On Prophecy of Five there's this one player called Tigers, everyone knows him and it's funny seeing the amount of /spit's towards him on the republic fleet.

Yet for 15 days he has been abusing Warzones by AFK'ing, not only is it an exploit but it also seriously messes up an already gimped republic side for these battles.

I've sent in numerous tickets along with my guild and other warzoners about him but BW don't seem to care that there's level 35 players running into warzones with level 7 gear and afk'ing for the entire match

Seemed to work. Abuse is limited since if you aren't actually afk the flag won't stick.

No it does not work.

People will always find some ******** reason to tag people, if they think they arent playing the game the "right" way, maybe they defend or maybe they are bad or have pink hair.

Bottom line is, it is not up to other players to decided and police, if another player is breaking the rules or not.

I would suggest giving solo players another option to obtain the same level of gear. Then there wouldn't be a reason for the people who don't want to pvp to be there.

Yes, lets attain pvp gear without pvping.... make sense you do not.

• 1 year later...
What are you're thoughts on this and suggestions on how it could be solved

I'm sure more of us have run into this problem... You enter a warfront and one or more players just stand there AFK for the entire match...

This makes it alot harder to win a match as that or those spots could be used for active players that actualy want to win.

On our servers we usualy see the same player stand there and most of us have reported him/her/it and I hope something gets done about it soon.

Any other suggestions or thoughts, anyone ?

Excellent point, in pvp leeching should be prohibited, but I do believe that when it comes to quests and flashpoints, and ALL of the remaining group members agree unanimously to allow it, then it is a very useful way to level up. Now I don't know if that method can be used in swtor, but in this other game I played it was a very useful tool.

*shout in a gruffy old wise man voice* "RAISE LONG DEAD THREAD. RISE AND DO THY MASTERS BIDDING ABOUT AN ISSUES TIS NOT MUCH OF AND ISSUES ANY MORE."

Any not much of an issues now since if they stand in the spawn zone for to long they are kicked from the match and replaces. I think its was 30, 40 second. If they do it out side the spawn zone they get killed and sent back and then they are just being jerks lol.