16 hours of music. Where is it?

Indrikk

I totally agree. When there is, the music is top notch. The problem is that it just lasts for 15 seconds, then it's me with my footsteps...

If you go to youtube, you can catch the complete soundtrack put there by BW: never heard most of those tracks in game...

i cant believe anyone cares about this, 3 months down the track you would just turn it off and listen to mp3s anyway

I've never done that in any MMO i have played so far - I always listen to the games music and background ambiance - and when I go back to a game after taking a break its the music and sounds that always make me feel all nostalgic.

The lack of music is disappointing, half of what makes Star Wars so epic is the music. It's not just the music that's lacking, sound effect in general seem to cut out at random or not play at all. It really affects immersion, the only thing that works with any real consistancy is the blasted footsteps! If only we had footsteps on a seperate slider in settings so I can turn it right down.

I've turned all the other sliders down and cranked the music right up, but even when music does play it's still far too low.

The first day I played the game I noticed the lack of music ....anyone who is a star wars fan loves the music. I turned off combat music and guess what? Music hardly plays at all in this game when you moving around in the world.....it's very QUIET in this game except for background sound effects

Please put in ALOT more star wars music while we moving around in the world,....the lack of music breaks the immersion in my opinion. Sure anybody can play their own music while playing the game with all the digital tech now days,...but,...it already should be there ;)

Walking into tatooine I hear some faint sound from my speakers. I increase the volume - its just footsteps. I turn down every sound other than music - a brief, quiet track plays then stops and once again - silence, or footsteps. This also occurs when you fight a boss or during cutscenes, but is sort of not-in-place - like the music doesn't quite fit the scenery. For example - we just wiped on a boss, and the "combat music" continues to play for another minute after we've ressed.

I thought sounds and music were something Bioware was proud of, yet I get the feeling it is something they are trying to hide. There was even a Friday update about it, with interviews and stuff if I recall correctly.

When I get into an area I expect the music to saturate the scenery. I imagine this as if I were to close my eyes and only listen to the music - I should still get a decent idea of what this zone feels like without seeing it. If the world is going to be as empty and devoid of people as it is on my server, let there atleast be good, fitting and looping music to every zone.

Just my thoughts. What do you think about the music in SWTOR?

The fact that you bumped your own post 5 minutes later speaks volumes.

I have a problem where my music will cut off when I transition areas and won't resume unless I transition again. Turning sound on and off resets it and gets it playing again for me. I noticed the problem earlier because, well, the game was oddly silent. I had the same problem with certain sound effects too.

Actually one of the best things about SWG and one of the worst things about this game is audio matching visual cues...

I was disappointed when I walked into the epic scenery at Coruscant for the first time. Could have been a much more epic moment had the music matched a bit better.

They also need to turn up the sound on all Tuskens... You can barely hear their trademark roar.

Absolutely love the music... when it plays. I also have some weird music playback issues where it disappears and appears randomly. Quite often cantinas are freakily quiet.

But at the moment I blame it on my crappy system. Already ordered new one and if new powerhouse PC will have same problems, I'll start whining :p

Have to say I also agree on the disturbing lack of sound effects in this game and the simple fact that any music comes quickly to an end never to be repeated until you log out and in again.

One of the worst things about Huttball is the fact the music cuts out half way through the match.

Have to say I also agree on the disturbing lack of sound effects in this game and the simple fact that any music comes quickly to an end never to be repeated until you log out and in again.

One of the worst things about Huttball is the fact the music cuts out half way through the match.

Id like music to loop in the background or something - I mean its not like people can't turn it off if they dont like it so that those of us who do like it can keep it on

:)

I agree in regards to looping the music, though I do really like how more engaging music plays when I'm in combat. Aside from that, there needs to be more ambiance. It's the small things that make the planets come to life, as well as the big things.

Agreed on all points. What music we hear is amazing, so let's hear more of it, and more often!

They made such a big deal about the music, too. It's featured in one of the developer diaries I actually remember. I feel like the only music I'm familiar with is the cantina songs--which are quickly growing old (need to find other RP hotspots).

That fanfare when Balmorra loads up (with the sweeping horn motifs)... gives me chills every time. It'd be nice to have it playing when I do something exciting on Balmorra.

The "workaround" I found for this same problem is that I downloaded the game soundtrack from YouTube SWTOR channel, and put it in shuffle mode in windows media player while running the game.

Not the best method, but it can increase immersion, when the track is right. :)

Back in 2008 I posted several times about how Jeremy Soule the original composer of the first game should be used in this game. Instead they hired a Orchestra and some no-name composers to do this and the difference is night and day. The music in this game is very subtle and ambient compared to Jeremy Soule which was riveting and engaging.

He's doing the music for guild wars 2.

I am very disappointed with the amount of unique music in this game. I remember watching this featurette that showed like 6 different composers for this game. Half of the music I have heard I swear is a mixture of Kotor 1-2 music along with music from the original films.

As for the original music, most of it is incredibly ambient and many times dull. I have no idea how 6 composers were required for this game.

Kudos to the main theme though, as it is very good (aside from the trumpet at the beginning, which is probably the most wimpy and puny sounding trumpet in existence.)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.