Great game no MMO

Boggwhoppit

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

called freedom of choice

What does freedom of choice have to do with anything?

You are claiming that this game is not a MMORPG. The term MMORPG or Massive Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game, has been clearly defined and has an objective meaning.

We all know that WoW has set the MMO standard at 5! :D

Hah! More proof that CoH is superior to WoW, in CoH you had teams of 8, so that makes it 3 better then WoW and twice as good as SWTOR.

:D

Edited by VanorDM

Not even close to a proper MMO. Sorry folks.

Explain.

See the thing with you folks is you can't explain. I've yet to see a single valid reason on any of these threads as to WHY this game supposedly isn't an MMO.

TROLLS, that's what I think.

Sorry guyz like i said you may moan but this game is a great solo one

This is no more a solo game then WoW is, as both have a huge amount of content you can solo, but also a fair amount of content as a % that can only be done as part of a group.

You tell me why if not there is a lot of people playing this,?

Ok, so 350,000 people playing at the same time is not a lot?

Because to me a MMO is freedom to do what i want Hello not paths not set Chars but up to me thats a MMO

How can you make a storyline that you should follow if you don't know where to go next? No one forces you to do the class line :)

LOOK IVE WORKING IN DISTRIBUTION FOR YEARS

What does this have to do with anything?

this isnt an MMO

its an ONLINE KOTOR co op operation thats fooling us all into paying a monthly subscription .. in 5 years time this could be a java face book log in.

its not got the fresh ideas that SWG had like a large planet "open" feel .. you cant group in large groups - in fact Ive found it really boring at 1 am when the servers are so EMPTY..

this isnt an MMO.. else they would have larger servers in the first place rather than small clusters

simple

If SW:TOR is not an MMO than noone has made an MMO yet. This argument is silly and you're either trolling or a bumbling idiot

Edited by rakadisaprin

This is not and never will be a MMO

single player is great story and voice overs great multiplay nothing, a few flashpoints heroic a joke , pvp warzones boring and too few ,space combat none less you like starfox.

pvp zones boring and nothing for doing it .

so sorry but a sub for this game is a no no, if it was sold as single play fantastic MMO er nope.

UO, EQ , EVE and a lot more are MMOs , this is a good maybe great game but MMO nope (.

Really? Cuz theres an economy and trade market, groups for group quests, FP's, and operations, guilds....

Put the pipe down.

And to rakadisaprin

i have played MMOS from UO so your i luv star wars is not only sad but makes me wonder if you work for the company lol

Based on your grammatical... eccentricities; I doubt you played UO. If you did, our country is in for a world of trouble...

Because to me a MMO is freedom to do what i want Hello not paths not set Chars but up to me thats a MMO

So then by that logic WoW, Rift, and so on aren't MMOs either because they very obviously put you on a path. Apparently only completely open sandboxes are MMOs to you, games like EVE, Darkfall, SWG before it shut down, ect...

too bad you're wrong.

You do have choice in the former, just like you have choices in SWTOR, you don't have to do your solo class quests, you can PvP, you can craft, you can run flashpoints, do space missions, do heroic quests, explore, look for datacrons, stand around and chat, make your own content with a group or guild. You can go to Nar Shaddaa first and Balmorra second, it might be a little more challenging, but it's possible.

You're not as limited as you think but then again you'll just ignore all of this and continue saying the exact same thing you said 10 comments ago.

Because you seem to think the generally excepted definition of a term doesn't apply to you