Great game no MMO

Boggwhoppit

This is not and never will be a MMO

single player is great story and voice overs great multiplay nothing, a few flashpoints heroic a joke , pvp warzones boring and too few ,space combat none less you like starfox.

pvp zones boring and nothing for doing it .

so sorry but a sub for this game is a no no, if it was sold as single play fantastic MMO er nope.

UO, EQ , EVE and a lot more are MMOs , this is a good maybe great game but MMO nope (.

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

single player is great story and voice overs great multiplay nothing, a few flashpoints heroic a joke , pvp warzones boring and too few ,space combat none less you like starfox.

so sorry but a sub for this game is a no no, if it was sold as single play fantastic MMO er nope.

UO, EQ , EVE and a lot more are MMOs , this is a good maybe great game but MMO nope (.

Actually its a great MMO. You just dont realize a few things.

Heroics and Flashpoints are not "few" but numerous. Space combat has changes in the works, as has been stated. PvP warzones are entertaining, if you dont like them thats just you're fault.

lastly, PvP zones being borning and nothing to do.... what exactly did you expect at launch? A world full of 50's to go open world PvP with? Did you expect the entire playerbase to rush to 50 to accomidate the minority of players that rushed to 50?

It's a great MMO. Does it have its bugs? Yes, all games do when released. Does it have room for improvement? Yes, All games do when released. I dont understand why people can't comprehend that this is just the beginning for Tor. Everyone looks at it like its a finished product and this is what we are stuck with until we quit playing...

Anyways, can I haz you're stuff?

I agree, SWTOR is a great Single Player/Co-Op Online game; but it's not an MMO

I think tis funny you say Blizzard evolved but bioware didnt in the other post, however this game was just released yet WoW's been out how long? give a game some time before you assume things.

Translation: It is an MMO but I just don't like the MMO aspects.

I think tis funny you say Blizzard evolved but bioware didnt in the other post, however this game was just released yet WoW's been out how long? give a game some time before you assume things.

AS soon as someone says Blizzard evolved anything you can stop listening. Like apple they are great at taking things already out there and polishing them, but innovative, no.

How is it not an MMO when I can play and group with hundreds of people? A single player game is just myself. I grouped with plenty of people to do the regular quests just like every other MMO I have played. I don't get why people say it is not an MMO. So what if you RPS through questions sometimes, I am still with other people.

OP - You seem to have a very strict or narrow view of what an MMO is intended to be:

"Massively multiplayer online role-playing game (MMORPG) is a genre of role-playing video games in which a very large number of players interact with one another within a virtual game world.

As in all RPGs, players assume the role of a character (often in a fantasy world) and take control over many of that character's actions. MMORPGs are distinguished from single-player or small multi-player RPGs by the number of players, and by the game's persistent world (usually hosted by the game's publisher), which continues to exist and evolve while the player is offline and away from the game."

Yes - SWTOR is an MMO.

Cheers.

How is it not an MMO when I can play and group with hundreds of people? A single player game is just myself. I grouped with plenty of people to do the regular quests just like every other MMO I have played. I don't get why people say it is not an MMO. So what if you RPS through questions sometimes, I am still with other people.

Don't let facts get in the way of the trolling please.

OP - You seem to have a very strict or narrow view of what an MMO is intended to be:

I have to agree with this, because I've seen this comment a number of times but have yet to see anyone actually back it up with objective statements of what exactly is missing that makes it not a MMO.

There's a number of flash points, operations and heroic areas in the game, those are the same thing you see in other MMO's.

There's warzones and open world PvP even if it's not real busy yet, it still exists.

There's guilds, the GTN, chat, world bosses, ect...

So what exactly is this game missing that other MMO's have?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.