Mounts

DarthTyranik

i am almost to level 25 right now and i have 80k in credits. I don't really know how to play this game yet as this is my first ever MMO. So maybe by me not knowing how to play has left me with 80k. I have also bought every skill at this point to.

You are questing enough. I also have gotten all my armor from questing and using commendations to buy armor.

Although i'm glad i read this as i only thought the speeder cost 8k. Did not realize i had to pay 40k for the skill :)

There seems to be a divide of those who struggle to afford their training and crew skills training and afford things like the speeder training and buying a speeder. And others who have loads of credits without any effort at all.

Played two characters in exactly the same way. Did not shop on GTN, did normal questing and looted everything I came across/killed.

I have found a very different experience on two different chars I'm levelling. The first one was my IA and she struggled to afford training each time she gained a new level plus the crew training skills. Basically she was always broke.

I wasn't amazingly keen on the IA and levelled up my SI instead and found she was never short of credits, could afford each and every step, paid for all my crew skills, my own training and easily afforded the speeder training costs. Even leant 15k to my husband because his BH is always broke even though he hardly does any of his crew skills training. I also made a booboo and accidentally bought a bit of social gear that I meant to inspect. So I wasted 14k as well and still didn't struggle to pay for the various things I needed to.

Now I don't know if this is down to what class you play or whether it's down to what crew skills you choose but I noticed a decided difference between the two and did nothing differently on either.

The IA is an Armstech and the IA is an Artifice. I can't imagine they'd make one skill cost more than the other but I dont' actually know.

My husband has to go and do space missions to be able to afford his training even though he doesn't do much of his skills training.

So really I haven't got a clue. It could purely be random that I gained more credits on one char than another.

This is strange - I experienced the same thing. Synthweaving Sith Assassin, Biotech Imperial Agent. Sold items to vendors, geared with commendations and quest rewards. Did not excessively level professions (only went for the lowest level reusable stim on the IA, which was only a couple thousand creds). At 25, my Sith had nearly 80k. My IA is not yet at 25, but is barely above water.

Some of it may be how many skills are available at any given level. Smuggler/Agent have a ton of skills to purchase at any given point. It may be the same for all classes, but having primarily played those to (and beyond) the point where it gets expensive, that is one guess. Conversely, you get to a point where things are expensive - but you don't always need to purchase those skills immediately. I don't use Quick Shot anymore, beyond low level, so I don't need to drop 25-40k on an upgraded level of it. I don't use blaster whip, either, as that's more of a Scoundrel tool, I think. It's one way to save money as those classes - but it is odd for an Inquisitor to have so much more cash. Maybe the quest rewards are unbalanced, or you just have less skills to buy? That's an interesting thing to look at.

And please stop calling speeders mounts, for cripes sake!

Except this game calls them mounts too, ever take your MOUNT where you weren't supposed to go? "Mounts not allowed here. Turn around or you will be demounted"..for cripes sake.....thank you come again.

Pre-slicing nerf I had ~ 120k credits by the time I hit 25. On another character after the slicing nerf it was more like ~ 75-80k.

Both toons I bought minimal stuff off the AH (usually cheap oranges if I could find them). Rest was commendation rewards only or drops.

Another thing, don't waste credits on skills like Treasure Hunting/Underworld until you have some extra money (lvl ~30); you'd be surprised how much you blow on stupid little lockboxes that net you maybe an item worth 300 credits at a vendor (if you're lucky).

Think how we who bought the upgraded versions of the game feel....we got a "Free" mount only to learn we still had to pay the 40k to use it. WHat a rip off.

Yeah I got the special edition too, I have a speeder in storage. And no I didn't expect one skill to cost 40,000 credits like none had before.

my thought on this is grouping vs single player. I caught the tail end maybe 3-4 days before the slicing nerf but kept slicing. I have grouped maybe 3-4 times at lvl 47 currently with over 600k and almost all orange.

The reason I kept slicing is there are so many boxes to slice with free credits I hardly pass them up, when I run standard story line missions. At the end of each of these I click the boxes and end up with around 20k plus selling all the trash nets big credits also.

I also do every daily flying even if it gets me 5 exp because you gain credits and the comm reward. I also repeat the mining ship run many times as it still gets me 5300 ish exp plus credits. There are tons of ways to make credits in the game, but I believe if you rely to much on groups you do not walk away with as many credits.

When I did group, I completed the task but walked away with a huge difference in the credits returned after selling my share of what little rewards that was received. IMO this is a huge imbalance for the casual grouping vs solo. Granted I have not done the hard stuff that requires a group and that is just my play style at the moment. plus I hate the chat system, to put my cursor into the box everytime I want to type something is annoying. Enter default should be implemented to make the chat window pop up. unless it already is and I need to look at preferences more closely....

The Planets are designed around you "should have" level. Means up to level 15 you don't need to run around alot. Then with each grade of posible speed the distances become bigger and bigger.

You do not need a Glider/Mount before level 25 ;). Sprint is perfectly fine.

And first I was "OMG so expensive" too. But then I realise, it's good.

Check out other MMOs. Many don't have any money-destroyers which results in creazy AH prices (check out RoM. Crap stuff cost millions!). This way ingame money keeps it's value.

I allready saw first attamps of some idiots, who tryed to sell hardcore crap for 100k at the AH. But I hope they won't sell anything and prices will stay low so even realy New players can afford to buy some nice items from the AH.

I had 60k+ on me when I turned 25, not sure how you couldn't manage 40k. Cash flow isn't really an issue in this game unless you're buying armor at ever level... which is a bit pointless when you'll out level it in a few hours/days.