I bet Bioware is sorry now they were so stingy in beta.

Balashark

If they would have let more people in and had more of an open beta for a longer period of time instead of treating it like a gold ticket in Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory. Their would not be this many issues that clearly would have been cleared up b4 launch.

If they would have let more people in and had more of an open beta for a longer period of time instead of treating it like a gold ticket in Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory. Their would not be this many issues that clearly would have been cleared up b4 launch.

You still on about not getting beta? You must be bored.

Edited by Urgas

That would almost make sense if... all the bugs being posted about now weren't also talked about in beta.

It's not like live users are discovering things that beta users did not.

Karma i would have to say :)

Constructive Post.

0/10.

This by far has been the smoothest launch out of any recent MMORPG. Sorry you're having difficulties but does your post fix your problems? - Nope. It's just synical and pointless - kind of like my post in reply. Oh god, I'm sinking down to the trolls level.

pretty much all the "issues" were known. its a time problem, and a question of what is an issue vs what is just something a few are constantly whining about. the real issues are not easy to fix, and take quite a bit of time and money to work out in a game of this level. Pretty much every major game released has issues , if you do not want to have to play through them then just wait 6 months till the game matures. Its the nature of the industry.

They had plenty of testers. The major problem, which was evident in so many BETA testers live streams of their game play, was most folks were not submitting tickets. They would be playing in front of thousands of viewers and complaining about a bug, but would never once open a ticket and report it.

When the survey would pop up they would just x it out and continue playing. There were plenty of folks invited to test, but it seems a large number were treating it more like early, early access than an actual test.

Edited by Baizak

Actually they had trouble keeping people around in beta and many canceled their pre-orders especially the collectors edition pre-orders after seeing what the game would be like. I had a beta key that bounced around to four different people over the months, none of them wanted to stick with it. The suggestion and bug forums were packed to the rafters with reports, so stop blaming the lack of testing. Bioware outright ignored bugs that have been around for the last eight months. Edited by RossaK

What's to say that there wouldn't have been even more of those types of people had they extended the numbers?

Actually a lot of issues were reported but Bioware never fixed them. Beta servers also had more players on them and less instancing. In many ways, beta was better than live.

Edited by Thamelas

Actually they had trouble keeping people around in beta and many canceled their pre-orders especially the collectors edition pre-orders after seeing what the game would be like. I had a beta key that bounced around to four different people over the months, none of them wanted to stick with it.

95% of statistics are made up on the spot.

I can not think of one person who cancelled their pre-order based off of the beta test. Infact, I can only think of MORE people who went out and pre-ordered as a result of watching live footage once the NDA was lifted.

I agree with it being a smooth launch. I've played a LOT of MMORPG's and this is by far the smoothest launch I've ever been part of. I've yet to have one crash, I've only experienced 1 true bug, and that's stunning to me. There are a LOT of things they need to address, that should have never been done the way they were, but those things have all been known since beta, I don't really think it was an issue of them being "stingy". And like was said as well, what issues that did exist in beta, as with a lot of games, people don't make reports often enough, and that's how problems go the way they do. They just want early access to the game, not to contribute to it's development like the purpose of beta access is meant to be.

I can not think of one person who cancelled their pre-order based off of the beta test. Infact, I can only think of MORE people who went out and pre-ordered as a result of watching live footage once the NDA was lifted.

Were you in beta at any point? The suggestion forum was filled with players doing the "This game is kinda fun but I'm not going to preorder/play, and this is why.." posts. Just like this forum is filled with people deciding not to subscribe after 30 days. At least back in beta the "I quit" posts were much more constructive.

Edited by RossaK

I actually preordered only after having played in beta.

So yeah.

Constructive Post.

0/10.

This by far has been the smoothest launch out of any recent MMORPG. Sorry you're having difficulties but does your post fix your problems? - Nope. It's just synical and pointless - kind of like my post in reply. Oh god, I'm sinking down to the trolls level.

Reading comperhention.

0/10.

And no it would not have mattered if there was a more open beta, people who participated in beta did submit bugs if BW can't fix them due to complexity or time pressure that is a whole different story but not uncommon in the industry.

OP seems to be under the impression that most beta "testers" actually submit bug reports constantly or use the beta access time to look for bugs.

Most of them just use it as a way to get into the game early and see if they'll like it. They aren't actively looking for bugs either.

Were you in beta at any point? The suggestion forum was filled with players doing the "This game is kinda fun but I'm not going to preorder/play, and this is why.." posts. Just like this forum is filled with people deciding not to subscribe after 30 days. At least back in beta the "I quit" posts were much more constructive.

Uhh yeah. It was actually really, really, easy to get into the beta - at least for the last weekend. Simply a pre-order would allow access. Sorry for the OP because he didn't pre-order like he should have if he wanted access. I believe the saying goes "The early bird gets the worm". Eh, who's to say - everyone wants everything handed to them now'a'days, even when it is and they simply miss the train.

On any case, yeah, I was in the beta and again - I can only think of more people who decided to pre-order after the beta more so than cancel their pre-order. Regardless, you or I won't be able to provide 100% accurate numbers - blanket statements are kind of useless.