When did you fall in love with Star Wars?

Lunadreams

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's see when did I fall in love with Star War?

December 26, 1991. Yeah I remember the exact date. That year I was in 5th grade and right before break my teacher gave us students a movie day. We had to take a form, choose from a list of movies, and get our parents to sign it. Well I was big geek by that time, but hadn't even seen Star Wars. Thankfully my dad had seen Star Wars and told me the plot and I voted to watch that for the movie day. Unfortunately I go out voted; I was so bummed as we ended up watching something absolutely stupid.

My disappointment must have shown at home as I received the entire triology on VHS for x-mas. Now my parents were not big on movies so it was quite a big deal. I had to wait until the 26th to watch them though as my parents insisted I spend time with family. :(

But early on the 26th I popped in Episode 4, followed many hours later by Episode 5, and later by Episode 6. For the whole day I owned the t.v. As soon as I finished the last one I started again and watched all through the night. I spent days pretending I had a lighsaber. :p

1978 at a local drive-in theater. I was 5 years old. My brother was 9.

We were a few minutes late for the movie, and I remember my brother was furious. As we drove around to find a good spot to park, I looked at the screen and saw a man in white armor riding what in my 5 year old mind was a dinosaur.

People say children don't know what love is, but I can tell you, I felt it in that moment.... :)

Actually, I have no idea the first time I saw Star Wars, but I'm pretty sure I saw them home with my family and probably got stuck with them from the first time, saw them lliterally once per week atleast for years and when Micro Machines arrived I bought more or less all Star Wars toys from it. Me and my cousin used to play with them for weeks togheter sometimes.

When i was 7 and the original movie came out in theaters. For doing good in school my grandmother took both me and my sister to a movie of our choice. She won the coin flip and i had to sit through a Benji movie and then wait a week to go see A New Hope in the theater. Of course it wasnt called that then it was just star wars.

Just curious and had nothing better to do other than smash my F5 button to bits!

For me it was when my Grandmother took me to the cinema when I was 3 years old in 1977.

She wanted an excuse to go see it for herself and took me along insisting to all that it was really me that wanted to see it. I remember being **** scared of Darth and hid behind my Grandma's arm every time he came on screen.

By the Time Empire came out, I had a collection of Star Wars figures, the book (with pictures of the cut scenes from the movie), a Star Wars t-shirt, the LP of the original soundtrack (which I still have) and had entered a fancy dress competition as R2-D2 (A costume my Grandma made) I was well and truly hooked from the start :)

So when did you first fall in love with Star Wars??

As soon as I saw the first major space battle near the end of Episode 4, back when I was about 6 years old.

For me it was during the summer of 2004 when I was bored out of my mind one day and the only game I owned that I hadn't played was a game called Jedi Knight: Jedi Outcast. I had never been a huge fan of SW up to that point (I'd seen the movies but never took an exceptional interest in them) and only owned a copy of JO cause a friend gave it to me. So after installing it I played it and I was instantly hooked from then on out. Thankfully it eventually led me to KotOR, the best game I've ever played.

I think he deliberately tried to troll us with the blu ray changes. <_<

The Krayt call in a hew hope sounds like they just took a sound clip of some of the stage hands frightening RuPaul -.-

The Krayt call change actually made sense to me. Before I thought that noise was something the sand people were making when they saw Obi-Wan, and not enough to frighten anybody. Now it actually sounds like something you would hear from a large animal. That said, any other change I noticed was just dreadful and seemingly pointless.

As for when I fell in love with star wars...Well it was back in the day when I was hangin' round downtown by myself and I had so much time to sit and think about myself and then there she was like double cherry pie...On a more serious note, I'm not really sure. Probably much too young because I didn't understand that the Empire was the government. I had only heard the word "empire" when used to describe a "business empire", and didn't know it refered to a system of government. This persisted until I read an article at around age 10 about the upcoming release of Episode I that said it was going to show how the republican government became an imperial one and I was like :eek:

As soon as I saw the first major space battle near the end of Episode 4, back when I was about 6 years old.

haha, if you havnt seen it for a while I suggest you check it again, its like 10 ships overall in that fight :D

haha, if you havnt seen it for a while I suggest you check it again, its like 10 ships overall in that fight :D

I was around seven I guess, so that's about 20 years ago. My dad had recorded Ep. 4 from the tv and after the watching the movie I asked my dad "what happened to Darth Wader?" He replied "Let's find out" We then went and rent episodes 5 & 6

I have to say, thank you George for creating Star Wars

I think it was around 93-94, I was in elementary school and a classmate or two said "Wow, you haven't seen Star Wars?" after I admitted to having never heard of it.

Asked my parents if we could rent it, and subsequently watched it over and over and over for days and weeks and years :p

I saw the Original Trilogy in...'89 at my uncle's house. He was the "rich" uncle, and had a HUGE TV. My cousin had already seen them, and he and I sat down in the living room with blankets and a bucket or three of popcorn and had a marathon.

They were amazing, and the only thing I didn't like was that they ended. Fast-forward a couple years to high-school and a good friend of mine lends me the Thrawn Trilogy. My mind was blown.

Since then, I've read every book that takes place after ROTJ...every one of them. I have an entire bookshelf that is only Star Wars books. They're arranged in chronological order starting with the Original Trilogy on up to the current "Fate of the Jedi" books. I need to go back and count them...but I think it's something like 120 books so far. My copy of Timothy Zahn's masterpiece is so worn that whole chapters fall out of it.

Lucas introduced me to the galaxy far, far away. Timothy Zahn made me fall in love with it.

- Myk